R&L | California !!!!!!!!

22hr,now thats a good number!yrcw just gave half our area to another barn effective feb12,so some of us usf PnD drivers might be the first in line at that new RnL barn.are they union? Do they have a pension?

No pension, no union. We at R+L enjoy the right to have open communication with any and all management. That is unless you work in the west, where the management sucks.

What these people are saying on here is all true. However they dont start at 22+an hour. They start you at 17.50 no time and a half for overtime and it takes a year to get to 20. Several more to get over that.

Oh and there is no open door policy unless they want it to be open. Upper managment is not ture or honest with there employees. Your concerns are not there concern only there bottom line. Just ask anyone in the west and they will confirm.

The western R&L is nothing like the eastern R&L if you think it is your a fool. Wilimington is a fantesy land as is most of the eastern portion of the company. They have grown and forgoten how to hire quality people for managment. No experience is the norm for managment that is supposed to be well versed in transportaion. Most managment that will be inplace at the new locations in Cal won't even be from that area and have little or no clue of what the area is like. IE(people and customers locations)

Come one come all but dont believe anything you are told in wilmington if you are so lucky to go there for orentation.

no over time? this "aint kansas,okiehoma or arkansas

:hysterical: no overtime? its 2007,well i guess RnL will get what they pay for,and they wouldnt get anyone worth a pooh not payin overtime,GO CHARGERS! IM OUT...
What these people are saying on here is all true. However they dont start at 22+an hour. They start you at 17.50 no time and a half for overtime and it takes a year to get to 20. Several more to get over that.

Oh and there is no open door policy unless they want it to be open. Upper managment is not ture or honest with there employees. Your concerns are not there concern only there bottom line. Just ask anyone in the west and they will confirm.

The western R&L is nothing like the eastern R&L if you think it is your a fool. Wilimington is a fantesy land as is most of the eastern portion of the company. They have grown and forgoten how to hire quality people for managment. No experience is the norm for managment that is supposed to be well versed in transportaion. Most managment that will be inplace at the new locations in Cal won't even be from that area and have little or no clue of what the area is like. IE(people and customers locations)

Come one come all but dont believe anything you are told in wilmington if you are so lucky to go there for orentation.

I have a question for you California guys? Is time and a half required for your state after 8 or 40 if so R+L will do there best to insure they have enough people not to have to pay it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED just ask anyone in Seattle WA.

ask anyone in Seattle that is not working through a temp agency!! Seems they can't hire anyone themselves.

If management was smart they would pay attention to these boards. Take some of this information to there uppermanagment meetings. Start addressing some of these issues posted on all the topics on the boards not just this topic.

I was under the impression that if you were not in california already ,you could not get in unless you bought another carrier that already does business there.I don't know if it is true but it is what i have heard.

Not since they deregulated trucking. :smilie_132:

You are very right on!!!!!! If your not from OH,FL or GA nobody in this company wants to hear from you..... Some guys call it growing pains. I think a few guys in management are just scared:hide:... What their scared of I couldn't tell you.... Maybe their jobs????? Go to any big yard out east and family member or friend of the family is running the show..... Other barns are ran by people with limited experiance in the industry but have been molded,brainwashed and promoted through the years.... I belive if they hired "outsider's" this company could be a better place.... But if WIL isn't willing to open their minds to new ideas all the money in the world isn't going to keep the ship from sinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are very right on!!!!!! If your not from OH,FL or GA nobody in this company wants to hear from you..... Some guys call it growing pains. I think a few guys in management are just scared:hide:... What their scared of I couldn't tell you.... Maybe their jobs????? Go to any big yard out east and family member or friend of the family is running the show..... Other barns are ran by people with limited experiance in the industry but have been molded,brainwashed and promoted through the years.... I belive if they hired "outsider's" this company could be a better place.... But if WIL isn't willing to open their minds to new ideas all the money in the world isn't going to keep the ship from sinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The third largest terminal is not ran by a family member. What is wrong with promoting people from within. Do you not want to ever better yourself? Did you forget that our current President and the one he replaced were both "outsiders".

What's all the fuss about OT. Alot of guys that work for companies that offer it never get it because they hire more drivers than they need to keep hours down.

O.T.

I have a question for you California guys? Is time and a half required for your state after 8 or 40 if so R+L will do there best to insure they have enough people not to have to pay it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED just ask anyone in Seattle WA.
well its not a state law to pay o.t. after 8,the good companys in town all pay it.reddaway,roadway,yellew,abf, you get what you pay for in life,besides the cost of livin in the west is high,400-500 thousand for a house.....

We need to quit arguing amonst each other about this and that...

How about we elect the right officials into government office to make our Country a better place for everyone. I for one am tired of supporting all these third world and second rate countries. While letting our own people suffer in poverty.

So, I say to all...Enjoy what you have and dont gloat or shame others for what they dont have...Afterall, before you know it this country is gonna be run by outsiders more than it is now. Let's try to make our country a better place for our childrens future.:soapbox:

your right on the $ #7

your so right,if we could unite our voices we could make change that would better ourselves and our famlies...
We need to quit arguing amonst each other about this and that...

How about we elect the right officials into government office to make our Country a better place for everyone. I for one am tired of supporting all these third world and second rate countries. While letting our own people suffer in poverty.

So, I say to all...Enjoy what you have and dont gloat or shame others for what they dont have...Afterall, before you know it this country is gonna be run by outsiders more than it is now. Let's try to make our country a better place for our childrens future.:soapbox:

Just for your enlightenment, the last time I was past the old FedEx Freight yard in West Sacramento, about a week ago, it still had the same for sale sign on the front of it. R&L could not have picked a better year to try to expand. Providing you work for another company. The freight on the West Coast is slower then anywhere else in the country and usually recovers last. Hiring drivers anywhere in California for less then $20.00 an hour will get you driving school graduates and drivers, for whom English, is a very recent second language.

R+L owns 2 terminals in Sacramento, a 40 door building at 5411 Raley Blvd. and a 129 door building at 1820 Parkway Blvd. They also have 5 other ones they own in Calif.-Adelanto, Ceres, Fontana, Fresno, and San Jose. All of the properties they own are listed on R.L.R. Investments L.L.C..