R&L | California !!!!!!!!

I was under the impression that if you were not in california already ,you could not get in unless you bought another carrier that already does business there.I don't know if it is true but it is what i have heard.

Not since deregulation...

Just for your enlightenment, the last time I was past the old FedEx Freight yard in West Sacramento, about a week ago, it still had the same for sale sign on the front of it. R&L could not have picked a better year to try to expand. Providing you work for another company. The freight on the West Coast is slower then anywhere else in the country and usually recovers last. Hiring drivers anywhere in California for less then $20.00 an hour will get you driving school graduates and drivers, for whom English, is a very recent second language.

Who said they were paying less than $20.00 an hour. They are paying $22.47 an hour.
I guess they are basing their line runs on that figure.

That sounds like city pay... Line haul would be less!!!!

I know a couple of guys that went to the Sacramento yard over Friday & Saturday when they were taking applications. They said the line runs were based on $22.47 an hour. If that sounds higher than the rest of the company remember this is California.:1036316054:

It all depends on the cost of living for the area. I know that NOT, PHI, & NEW pay more then SCR & LEB. I was looking at Vegas and their top pay is less then where I'm at now. There is no uniform pay rate company wide. Linehaul may pay by the hour, but it is based on shortest route zip to zip at 50mph. I know that my route has a doudles and 102 restricted road on it and a 5 ton road. Last I checked Rand McNally I should only be running 412 miles a night. I run 442.

As far as management goes, we just got a new TM that came from Overnite. From what we hear, there will be 9 former Overnite TMs in Cali.
As far as the east being a fantasy world, it only goes as far south as LKD, we sometimes feel like our MIA terminal isn't part of the company.
And in closing, we're loosing al our Intl tractors that start in PS### to Cali. and whoever has more than 1 pallet jack or handtruck, it's going to be cut and sent to Cali.

As far as management goes, we just got a new TM that came from Overnite. From what we hear, there will be 9 former Overnite TMs in Cali.
As far as the east being a fantasy world, it only goes as far south as LKD, we sometimes feel like our MIA terminal isn't part of the company.
And in closing, we're loosing al our Intl tractors that start in PS### to Cali. and whoever has more than 1 pallet jack or handtruck, it's going to be cut and sent to Cali.

Sounds like UPS Freight got rid of all the Overnite termnal managers!!!!:chairshot:

Current News and Press Releases

3/12/2007
R+L CARRIERS TO SERVICE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Effective April 2nd 2007, R+L Carriers will be providing Direct Coverage to over 90% of the population in Northern California with service facilities strategically placed to service the major cities of Fresno, Oakland, San Francisco, & Sacramento and their surrounding areas. R+L Carriers is committed to providing quality LTL service with competitive pricing that will continue to make us a Nation’s Leader in the LTL Transportation Industry.

R+L Carriers

I copied that information from R+L web site and posted it here for all to share.
I would like to know from someone in that area if those locations are close to the business districts or out of the way. If so would that be crating routing problems... I.E. long travel times to core deliveries?

Drivers - City & Linehaul - Oakland = $23.56/hr
City & Linehaul - Fresno & Sacramento = $22.47/hr...
Why the difference in starting pay? Its all CA.. It also strikes me that they started the NW states at $17.50/hr and top them out at $20/hr after the 1st year. After a short ammount of time they upped the Seattle WA pay to $20 to retain drivers.

I copied that information from R+L web site and posted it here for all to share.
I would like to know from someone in that area if those locations are close to the business districts or out of the way. If so would that be crating routing problems... I.E. long travel times to core deliveries?
trucknyoyo I had to edit your post because of the following rule. All they have to do is click the link to read the full article. Thanks for understanding.
NO posting of any internal memos, no posting any trade secrets pertaining to any company and NO posting copyrighted material, copying and pasting complete articles from other websites is NOT allowed, post a paragraph and the link to the source

I was under the impression that if you were not in california already ,you could not get in unless you bought another carrier that already does business there.I don't know if it is true but it is what i have heard.

R&L is buying a small Ca. company with just a hand full of terminals. Pro Express based out of Montebello Ca.