R&L | California !!!!!!!!

New truck? What's that? Mine is considered to be a "new truck" cuz it's an 2004 model PT. Never mind the fact that it has 670k on it.

Won't be long before we open CA. I've been taking new trailers west most of this week. New Great Danes with CA on the map on the rear and "Free Liftgate Service" where it used to say "Jet Service" on the side.

:1036316054: I set down with Roby and Larry Jr Wed and California is marked for April 1st. There are several new MACKS on the yard in Wilmington. Jerry, head of maintenece has been taking trucks west to Reno for a while now, and the trailers and other company vehicles’ like cars, vans and what not are on the way. I was told we are building a brand new terminal in one town, more than likely Sacramento or Oakland, another will open near Stockton, then working our way south towards L.A. 7 to 9 Terminals will be up and running by the end of next year.

You know, at times it is difficult handling what we got now. It's going to be interesting when CA opens up. I sure hope they don't use pricing to control our growth out there. I'd like to see us picking up more freight and taking care of our core customers that have been taking care of us all these years. Also, it would be nice to have more trailers for the swaps in town instead of drivers having to wait around for empties in the evening, slowing down the freight arriving to be broke. Having more for P+D to drop out in the city would be good also. We used to have a bunch of drop trailers in the city but they pulled many of them in and now require drivers to come back in and go out. I just believe the CA addition will be challenging. I see quite a bit of freight on docks going to CA at places where we are the main carrier. So far we haven't been able to service it, but now we will have all of it. I wonder though what will be the service times. Will they put teams going out west to do it in 2 or 3 days instead of the 4+ day norms? Would that expidited service bring in more business? Just some thoughts to ponder.:smilie_132:

I know my job is to handle the operations at a select few terminals around my area. We see more freight than most upper management personal. We suggest certain things to people in Wilmington and to our Directors when it comes to freight not paying well enough for its size or what not. Sr. has done a fine job of exspanding the growth of the company, and adding the final piece (Cali) is only going to make us stronger. Got to do something to keep up with the big dogs. THIS will do it. Yea there will be growing pains, there will be things that will need ironed out, but we all can handle it.

Won't be long before we open CA. I've been taking new trailers west most of this week. New Great Danes with CA on the map on the rear and "Free Liftgate Service" where it used to say "Jet Service" on the side.[/QUOTE]

Alot less clutter on the sides now with that and just R+L Carriers under the R+L logo also.

Well that didn't come out the way I typed it, it has the gorlc under the R+L logo instead of rlcarriers for the web site.

04-01-2007

Here are some of the truck/tractors stored at Sparks. I assume they will be activated for that April expansion.

RLCarriers_12-17-06.jpg

Jimmy B

yes they are going to ca.Plus 100 new great dane tlrs. after the first of the year cars will come later before 4-01-07

r&l goin to cali

the news here in sactown is that r&l bought the old fedex barn,and that their goin to low ball everyone,and pay chickin-feed for wages.Thats just what i hear.....

Man, I need to get out more. Here I am all content and happy in my R+L world thinking 20+ an hour was good money only to find out it's considered chicken feed wages!!

california

The news in the midwest is April 9th to open northern Cali. If $20+ an hour is chicken feed I will take two helpings please. They are building a new terminal in KC. and adding on to STL. to accomodate for this.