Can we ever stop this crap...??????

pro1driver: you make all valid points, there are many "BOGUS" charities, no contest. I was a Scout in the 60's. I agree, the Bakeries should participate at a nominal cost structure. Hey, .57 cents is better than nothing,...plus the look on their faces of gratification of making a sale. PRICELESS !

i was a "Cubbie" back in my day, had to go door to door selling candy. i didn't last long, i hated every minute of wearing that insipid uniform, and hated the "den meetings"

I do donate to charities ... but it is to the ones I want to donate to. I don't like to be harassed when I am shopping. If the store okays this practice even after I complain ...I don't usually... then I will go to a different store... it is my choice.

There are better ways of getting donations which I approve of .... car washes is one of them. Girls in swimsuits:19: usually get better results from me than begging in front of the store.

Not trying to be a (perverted) stingy old fart:6817:... just want to be left alone from the beggars....

girls washing my car in string bikini's is the only way to go...and YOU ARE PERVERTED....

as far as "going someplace else"..?? i go to the nearest local stores, as i wish not to burn up gas just to shop...my choice there....

...(1)....Therein lies the problem.....I think that more people would be willing to make an incidental donation if there were certainty that those funds were being used legitimately....To be real, a person must understand, that there is a cost to operating a charity and obviously some of the money collected is going to be used to offset those costs...but that should be a relatively small amount of the total....in my opinion....The problem is that when some of these so called "charities" make the news regarding how they take most of the money and a tiny amount actually gets to those that need it......That is what makes most people turn a cold heart to any charity...and understandably so.....

(2)...I agree...if the Girl scouts are such a valued organization.....the Baker should be willing to Donate to the cause as you suggest...Great P.R. for the Company..
Personally I have always had a problem with Parents that do all the selling for the kids......to my way of thinking that does not teach the kids any actual values....such as if you want to be the top seller, for example, you have to work at it on your own....I have no problem with parents that coach their kids in ways to sell....developing their sales abilities....that is a skill that can be quite valuable.....This is not just a Girl Scout issue either....

(3)....We have Corporate sponsored Charities..where the Company Managers and Supervisors solicit for the Charity.....often offering direct withdrawal from your paycheck......I know some that feel obligated to "donate" under those circumstances...and that is wrong.....I never agree to "give" under those conditions...Who do you see getting the recognition and award for supporting the cause?? Yes the CEO or some other High Management person.....

(4)...When we have people that are homeless for reasons beyond their control or people that are in other desperate situations, I have no issues with giving that individual some small amount of money that I may have in my pocket....it is truly hard to know at times if a person is "legitimate" or not..but that is a call that I make based on the situation at that moment....But I never say that I will never give to a person that I believe is in need, if I the ability to do so at the time........but you should be careful.....It's sad that there are many that will take advantage of others kindness.... but that is an issue that is between them and God....

(1)...we never really know the true routing for some of those funds, at least, not until anyone on the board gets arrested for "misappropriation of funds"...

(2)..many times, these are "big name bakeries" like Bury. some past bakeries dropped out, as the costs were too much for them, yet the regular cookies they bake for us and sell at the supermarkets are as high priced as a Cadillac...
Parents often get involved with selling the cookies of candies as they do unto others as others have done unto them....i actually appreciated a dad at any of my jobs selling for the kids, as in my area/neighborhood, there aren't any Girl Scouts..

(3)...in all my working years, i have never allowed to be a part of "at work giving"

(4)...come to my area....i'll show you ALL the bums begging for money....down the street from the bars.....

When I was in Boy Scouts we went door to door with Amway, I am fighting the battle of the bulge and I am more inclined to just donate a couple of dollars and say, "Keep the cookies". I do not appreciate the pressure applied by so many at the same time as the GS does.

I hate Amway and thier "pyramid scheme"....

and you fight the "battle of the bulge" on your own.....i say "give in to your desires, you only live twice"....

I have a confession to make.
My daughter is a Brownie this year. Yes, we are selling cookies. Yes, my wife is selling to coworkers.

BTW you can pm me, Pro, if you want to buy some cookies :p

NO.....!!!......​j/k.......

i went to Costco this morning and about a half dozen people tried to give me free food. It really pissed me off being bothered with those free food SOB's! So I took one of the little cups of chicken sausage and ate it ....then.....i took the little cup and crushed it my hand and kept it in my hand until i got home...i still have the little cup! I got them great!

Yesterday, (Saturday March 1st), I got home from work at 6 AM.
After doing a few things at the house, I had to go out and get my errands done and go to 2 different appointments.

Ok, that is the "set up"

Now, I usually go to Lowe's very early in the morning when they open up at 6:30 AM, but I just couldn't till i got my things done.

So as I enter the parking lot, I can clearly see at the enter and exit doors of the store, there were tables set up....

Tables for Girl Scouts, and probably their cookies...

Why do any of these stores even allow such a fleecing of us either before or after we exit the stores..??
I think the Girl scouts, or ANY organization ought to be ON THE STREET CORNERS, like ANY OTHER panhandlers.....hookers, bums and the homeless........>!!!

When we enter they want our money, but we NEED our money to buy the things we go to the stores for..

When we exit, many times we have NO money left over...!!

and they still want that...??

summana biotches..>>!!!!

here has been my "regular M.O." response(s) to their panhandling techniques....

"Excuse me sir, would you like to gi....."

"NO.....>!!!!"

"Good morning sir, we are........."

"NO......."..>!!!!

"Yo-yo-yo,( a dance troupe from the hood) we're raising money for our......"

"NO...."....!!!

would you believe that I have had more than one mother sarcastically say to me....

"Thank you, have a nice day"......

damn summana biotches.......

83840801el1_zps4ee439a5.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

how do you people handle such strong arm tactics from any and all of these leeches in our society..???

never be fooled by Girl Scouts.....

summa them will rip your arm out and club you to death with it.....

So how many boxes of Thin Mints did you buy?

i went to Costco this morning and about a half dozen people tried to give me free food. It really pissed me off being bothered with those free food SOB's! So I took one of the little cups of chicken sausage and ate it ....then.....i took the little cup and crushed it my hand and kept it in my hand until i got home...i still have the little cup! I got them great!

Now free food is different. ... as s long as it is not gross...lol

Oh you big cranky asses, it all boils down to the fact that you don't WANT to look like an ass telling a little girl that four bucks is way to much for something they sell once a year. YOU don't want to look like the cranky stingy butt heads you try so very hard to convince the rest of us that you are not.

I had a girl scout and she wasn't pushy at all, get over yourself, these girls can make their goals without your pocket change. LOL
AT THE very least they are trying to EARN money to do something for themselves instead of simply asking for a donations and handouts, it pays for their troops and what little profit they make goes to typically something educational.

So tell them no thank you and proceed with your day.

My favorite was when I lived in Chatham, IL and they always asked us at Dollar General if we wanted to donate our change to their literacy program for the school. This is a school that has it's own television station and they wanted my change to help pay for literacy? I told them to cut the cable and buy some books with the money they saved from broadcasting equipment.

Oh you big cranky asses, it all boils down to the fact that you don't WANT to look like an ass telling a little girl that four bucks is way to much for something they sell once a year. YOU don't want to look like the cranky stingy butt heads you try so very hard to convince the rest of us that you are not.

Ahem, who's the cranky ass??? :hysterical:
I just feel bad that I can't contribute to every girl scout I see selling their goods for a good cause. I feel bad that the way that program is run so many kids think that the world is full of stingy cranky asses who won't help them out. I doubt that they are told that there millions of them out selling those cookies and that most people will help one out but not the fifty they will encounter while the drive is on. I know that there are many other hands in the til besides that little girl but I don't let that part get me down.

I had a girl scout and she wasn't pushy at all, get over yourself, these girls can make their goals without your pocket change. LOL
AT THE very least they are trying to EARN money to do something for themselves instead of simply asking for a donations and handouts, it pays for their troops and what little profit they make goes to typically something educational.

Somebody always has there hand out looking for help, if they are really down and out like the disable veterans... which I participate in putting together food baskets through the holidays:usa2:.... I have not a problem.

And I do as you quote....
No big cranky ass here....Well ok maybe... besides my daughter was a girl scout.... people would call the house looking for their fix on cookies... never could figure it out if it was the cookies they wanted or to help her get rid of them. Back in the day ( I don't want to sound that old):nut_kick:.... the cookies use to be pretty good, now they taste like crap.:fan:

So how many boxes of Thin Mints did you buy?

none, as i said in a previous posting, the prices paid and the amount of cookies in the package and the little money the Girl scouts actually get, has turned me off from buying for the past several years.....did you not read that..??????

here, just for you, from my posting ....# 14...

"personally, i really do like the Girl Scout cookies, the carmel ones, and some of the others in fact, but for what i "used" to pay for, and got so little in the package, and for the fact that the girls DO NOT GET MORE money for the sales, made me give up buying the cookies, years and years ago."

So just so ya know they dropped the price of cookies from $7 a box to $4, you can thank me later for teling you that.

Sent from my drone magnet

So just so ya know they dropped the price of cookies from $7 a box to $4, you can thank me later for teling you that.

Sent from my drone magnet

don't care, if they drop 'em down to 0......

still too much to pay for so little content......

I seem to recall them costing a buck or two, at that time the price wasn't too bad for what I got...If they're $5 or $7 I'd definitely just drop 'em a five and call it a donation. Yea, it's been that long since I bought them.

this cat is now dead.....he died quickly after he refused to buy cookies.....

RIP poor kitty.....

i didn't know you, but i felt your pain......

46127236.jpg
Grumpy Cat lives on and is well paid for his services.

Funny thing about the Girl Scouts...
When your daughter is involved, the parents pay for EVERYTHING! Uniforms, trips etc.
The adult supervision is all volunteer. Yes, they have to pay for the cookies at about .25 cents a box and the other 4 dollars per purchase times MILLIONS and MILLIONS goes where?? Nobody seems to know. Nice scam

Y ellow R uined C ompany