Holland | Cares Act

My issue is YRC is already under investigation for ripping off taxpayers via the USDOD with overcharges and weight charges.
If taxpayers knew this they never approve this.
The gross incompetence at YRC caused this not COVID-19.

Every company has its share of seedy business.... all of them do it.... some get caught.... I've already said I'm not a fan of yrc.... I just work for a company under the yrcw umbrella.

my question still is.... why are the people who are still working through all this not upset about the people who are getting the extra 600 dollars and the amount of unemployment.... who refuse to go back to work because the government program is still in effect?

Am I the only one who has a problem with this???

Every company has its share of seedy business.... all of them do it.... some get caught.... I've already said I'm not a fan of yrc.... I just work for a company under the yrcw umbrella.

my question still is.... why are the people who are still working through all this not upset about the people who are getting the extra 600 dollars and the amount of unemployment.... who refuse to go back to work because the government program is still in effect?

Am I the only one who has a problem with this???

I have a problem with so many things going on these days that I don't have room for one more! :smile new:

I have a problem with so many things going on these days that I don't have room for one more! :smile new:
I'm just saying.... a company or corporation applied for a loan.... what is the big deal? The other freight companies could have applied also.... and if they did and received a loan....would we still be having this conversation?

I feel cheated and outraged about people refusing to go back to work.... the free money should have stopped when they started to call people back to work.

My opinion of course....

My issue is YRC is already under investigation for ripping off taxpayers via the USDOD with overcharges and weight charges.
Call your representative. As I've said in other posts once the president sees the optics in it it will be rescinded. Are you as upset about every other industry, or just yrc and every single lazy dishonest unproductive driver who lets the clutch out?. When they pull the loan in a few days or a few weeks make sure to pop in and give us the finger. Maybe we'll see a post how tired you are with the mandatory 14 hour days and 60 hour weeks. Or possibly the president will lift the hours of service requirement so you can work 20 hour days the way every CEO in America wants. Make sure to get the word out puff. Write letters to the editor, go on faceplant, twitter, etc. Better yet next time you see a yrc criminal at a stop, punch him out. That 'll send a message.
It's amazing how every single can do libertarian capitalist who let's a clutch out has an opinion when it's not their ox that's getting gored. And before you pipe up with "yeah but" at least this particular boneheaded move by the gummint keeps 30,000 people + working. This isn't bailing out a bank or hedge fund, or brokerage firm, that got bailed out in 08, and laughed about it. And for every single guy who won't buy a dodge or a gummint motors car, there are plenty that do. But hey call your buddy's, get to poundin those key boards and get this thing stopped. Don't forget to flip off every yrc, new penn, reddaway and holland driver you see too. See you on the big street pard.

Why should taxpayers be on the hook for YRC? Competitors now are propping up YRC?
I understand that a few carriers are going to sue the Federal Government over this to stop it.
This is corporate welfare nothing less. It's a disgrace.

It's a disgrace to save 30k jobs? (asking for 30k YRC employees)

Is there any company that reweighs freight and reduces the charges if it weighs less than the customer said it Did? That is what that ridiculous lawsuit was about.

The US Government is ripping off taxpayers daily too, without our approval.

I'm just saying.... a company or corporation applied for a loan.... what is the big deal? The other freight companies could have applied also.... and if they did and received a loan....would we still be having this conversation?

I feel cheated and outraged about people refusing to go back to work.... the free money should have stopped when they started to call people back to work.

My opinion of course....

Stimpy, I was just trying to give a humorous response to this part of your earlier post:
"Am I the only one who has a problem with this???"
by posting this:
"I have a problem with so many things going on these days that I don't have room for one more! :smile new:"

PS - I basically agree with what you said.

Stimpy, I was just trying to give a humorous response to this part of your earlier post:
"Am I the only one who has a problem with this???"
by posting this:
"I have a problem with so many things going on these days that I don't have room for one more! :smile new:"

PS - I basically agree with what you said.
I know.... I'm just a little frazzled.... good thing I am on vacation this week. Tired of the virus bs... tired of hearing we are going out of business.... tired of people wishing our demise to gain what?

I think I need a vacation from here too.... that or just stay in the drivers lounge.

I take care of myself and my family, I pray to God for the health and happiness of my friends and family. The Union has saved my job more than once at more than one company. I am not proud of the fact that I have a bad temper, twice at Holland and more times at other companies I have done what they call "create a hostile work environment", I realize this is not a good thing and have worked hard to see that it doesn't happen again. Twice I have gone into meetings where the boss wanted me fired and the BA saw to it that I still had a job when I walked out. You see the Union does a lot more than just get you a pension check. I'm not even sure the Union is the one to blame for the pension problem, it could be Central States should take a lot of the blame for poor investing, I don't know.
To sum this up, in response to your post, I don't pray for money or count on the government!
I understand, but the Union imo has had no plan since deregulation, and the company hasn't had one either, with the exception of when Yellow was Yellow and undercutting others freight rates.
Somebody here smarter than me on TB once said, trucking companies run the company like they always have until they can't anymore then they shut the doors.
If yrcw was a cat, The 700 million paid for the 9th life.
Wish you luck.

I understand, but the Union imo has had no plan since deregulation, and the company hasn't had one either, with the exception of when Yellow was Yellow and undercutting others freight rates.
Somebody here smarter than me on TB once said, trucking companies run the company like they always have until they can't anymore then they shut the doors.
If yrcw was a cat, The 700 million paid for the 9th life.
Wish you luck.
With the same mgmt I'm afraid you're right. I know 700 million wrongs don't make a right, but given who else received cares act money, it was still the right thing to do. Seeing as the stock price is starting to settle investors are having a hangover. Even with good mgmt, going forward is going to a struggle for everyone in this business. We'll see how they manage to grift enough money to the leadership. The CEO, CFO, God knows how many senior executive VP's the BOD, etc. I'd like to know if there is any oversight, or is owning 30% of the stock enough. Time will tell.

Is there any company that reweighs freight and reduces the charges if it weighs less than the customer said it Did? That is what that ridiculous lawsuit was about.

Yes they do. if you reweigh and lower rates think of the good will you can accumulate from your customers???
YRC had had the DOD business for years because of their cheap rates.. Only to try to raise revenues by falsely pumping up invoice amounts..
Now the very taxpayers that YRC ripped of are pumping up the crooked company with their hard earned wages????
This corporate welfare must be stopped....

Yes they do. if you reweigh and lower rates think of the good will you can accumulate from your customers???
YRC had had the DOD business for years because of their cheap rates.. Only to try to raise revenues by falsely pumping up invoice amounts..
Now the very taxpayers that YRC ripped of are pumping up the crooked company with their hard earned wages????
It’s funny how the US government gives out billions in aid to countries who hate us, every month, but when a company in our own country gets a lifeline, possibly saving thousands of American jobs, the jealous,hateful people want to put a knife in their back.

If you put too many stamps on a letter you mail does the post office refund you?

Only in this case puff. American Airlines just got 5.8 billion. 4.0 Billion is a grant. 32 billion for the travel and hospitality industry as a whole. Don't get me started on money for evangelical mega churches getting cares act money, or everyone's favorite band the eagles getting a check for cancelled concerts. But this one, THIS one is the line in the sand. All so you can say FU$$ the teamsters.