Carrier HVAC

exprez

TB Lurker
Credits
The Carrier manufacturing factory of Indiana announced this week that they will be moving their factory to Mexico leaving 1400 great American union workers out of a job. Please help get the word out NOT by purchase any Carrier furnace or AC units from this point forward.

Her's a link to a video of the announcement by Chris Nelson, president of HVAC Systems and Services North America to the union factory workers at Carrier in Indy.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2514673/v...icle&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014
I cannot believe this guy actually got up in front of these people and announced this. And he thinks everyone will continue to do flawless work for the next 3 years? Wish someone could have asked him what the hourly wage paid will be in Mexico. I am sure they know that already.

normal business move.

why should we stop buying the product..??

many NON union companies have moved, where you been.>???

I check the labels and when I can I buy American. When I hear that Oreos and Hershey's are being made in Mexico I don't ask if it was at the cost of union jobs, I just move on to other goods. Bummer though I did enjoy eating Oreo Double Stuffers. M&M Mars has pledged to stay in the USA so for now their products are good and I like Milky Ways and Three Musketeers bars. And for those who like nuts they also make the Snickers bars.

I check the labels and when I can I buy American. When I hear that Oreos and Hershey's are being made in Mexico I don't ask if it was at the cost of union jobs, I just move on to other goods. Bummer though I did enjoy eating Oreo Double Stuffers. M&M Mars has pledged to stay in the USA so for now their products are good and I like Milky Ways and Three Musketeers bars. And for those who like nuts they also make the Snickers bars.
well then, when the day comes EVERYTHING is made someplace else, you got at the very least 2-3 choices..

buy the product, or starve or go bare-assed....

not much we can do to stop it. cost of energy, cost of labor, cost of unions, cost of equipment, you name it, it sky rockets, and the companies move away.

who is ultimately to blame..??

everyone, as far as i can see.

M&M's are made in Elizabethtown,Pa. Right here in Lancaster county. A big m&m is dropped on New Years

jcdJq3l.jpg

BTW...When I replace my heat pump a few years ago, went with Trane. Best reviews. Also based on others bad experiences with Carrier home systems. Plus when I was with Jevic we had a mix if Thermo King and Carrier heaters. TK was the better unit

The Carrier manufacturing factory of Indiana announced this week that they will be moving their factory to Mexico leaving 1400 great American union workers out of a job. Please help get the word out NOT by purchase any Carrier furnace or AC units from this point forward.
No more carrier products for me ever !!!

BTW...When I replace my heat pump a few years ago, went with Trane. Best reviews. Also based on others bad experiences with Carrier home systems. Plus when I was with Jevic we had a mix if Thermo King and Carrier heaters. TK was the better unit
Does Trane still have a manufacturing facility in Trenton NJ? Back in the 80s I would load out a 48 footer with LTL pickups every day in Trenton

well then, when the day comes EVERYTHING is made someplace else, you got at the very least 2-3 choices..

buy the product, or starve or go bare-assed....

not much we can do to stop it. cost of energy, cost of labor, cost of unions, cost of equipment, you name it, it sky rockets, and the companies move away.

who is ultimately to blame..??

everyone, as far as i can see.
Wow! Where to start on this one? Well let's start with this is one of the most ignorant posts i've seen on here. Now we got that out of the way, your attitude is exactly 110% of the problem with America today. The powerfull in this country want us to believe we are powerless to dispute any of their decisions, when nothing can be further ftom the truth. I believe in America, and i believe WE THE PEOPLE have the power to change America. If your paying any attention to the upcoming election, we have 2 candidates who are listening to the people and both having great success so far, and those candidates are Trump and Sanders. As people say we've had enough other candidates will fall into line as well as you can already see in Hillary's positions. I just don't get this attitude of "oh well" at least it's not me, nothing we can do about it anyway. That would make our founding fathers roll over in their graves! That's not the attitude America was founded on! Where is your will to fight? I find that attitude completely dispicable.

Cheap labor
Little or no health insurance
No OSHA type agencies
Non existent HazMat regulations
Corporate profits ahead of all else

Lets not forget the benefits of moving to Mexico,
Cheap labor
Little or no health insurance
No OSHA type agencies
Non existent HazMat regulations
Corporate profits ahead of all else