Carrier HVAC

While it is true that no politician can stop these companies from moving out if the country, Congress CAN place extreme taxes on their products coming back into the USA, effectively reducing their sales in the US. Heck! Look at the taxes our government has placed on gas and tobacco.
There is much argument for the counter productiveness of import tariffs but I am in favor of them.

While it is true that no politician can stop these companies from moving out if the country, Congress CAN place extreme taxes on their products coming back into the USA, effectively reducing their sales in the US. Heck! Look at the taxes our government has placed on gas and tobacco.
ok, tax them to death....what happens then...??

they absorb the tax, or pass it along to the consumer..???

hardly an efficient way to stop the movement to another country. do not forget, the products can be made anywhere, but they still need warehouse space here and sales people.....wanna hurt them with an exorbitant amount of taxes or tariffs, i think it is called..??

wanna see the sales people making minimum wages..???

wanna see the service techs make minimum wages...??? \\

wanna see the dealers close up and put even more American's out of work..??

just because a factory is moving, does not mean the support staff is as well.

sure a couple of thousand factory jobs will be lost, but how many are in the support end of the company..?? and i am talking all all 50 US states, and even Canada.....

M&M's are made in Elizabethtown,Pa. Right here in Lancaster county. A big m&m is dropped on New Years

jcdJq3l.jpg
Good ole E town...

ok, tax them to death....what happens then...??

they absorb the tax, or pass it along to the consumer..???
You get the idea, then the price of that imported junk will cost just as much as our quality American made products.

One of the tv networks did a piece on US products, it would cost each consumer approximately 63. dollars a year to bring back all of these jobs to the US. I would gladly pay that and more to once again make this country great!
you would be in a very small minority.

the American business man will not forgo higher profits and bonuses they get all to bring back jobs and thusly lowering the bonus plans.

Sad but oh so very true.

it would amount to yet...another damn tax. we are taxed enough or here they also impose "fee's" on things. like a simple DMV visit or online renewal..wanna renew your car tags..??$1.50 extra, they call it an computer upgrade fee, which the computers were upgraded a few years ago, and when they went online or tried to "communicate" with online another..?? they all went down, THEN it was found, the state was sold OLD computers..

i belong to the AAA and can get DMV services done there except my CDL, they have to charge the extra $1.50

so here is someone saying he'd pay $63 a year to bring back an American job. by the time MY state taxes me and fee's me to death, i have been well over that amount.....screw it, he can pay to get the jobs back, i am damned tired of being overly burdened by my state. he doesn't seem to take into account, the people that are on welfare or others that DO NOT pay taxes, or a lower tax, and we others get whacked. so what..i'd have to pay well OVER the $63 he says...if the others cannot pay that $63.......??

BS i say....

i say, build a great product, cheaper now with out a blood sucking union, without overun-costs, with real high quality parts, with NO CEO (and others) incredibly high bonuses......

i say, build a great product, cheaper now with out a blood sucking union, without overun-costs, with real high quality parts, with NO CEO (and others) incredibly high bonuses......
WOW So it's because of the "blood sucking union" that is the problem.................Since our manufacturing has already gone to China and Mexico who will make those real high quality parts? Without bonuses and incentives how with these companies attract quality upper management? Without quality management and using "at will" labor how will the company build a quality product and avoid cost over runs? You get what you pay for, if your lucky.

WOW So it's because of the "blood sucking union" that is the problem.................Since our manufacturing has already gone to China and Mexico who will make those real high quality parts? Without bonuses and incentives how with these companies attract quality upper management? Without quality management and using "at will" labor how will the company build a quality product and avoid cost over runs? You get what you pay for, if your lucky.
there is no need for a CEO (and others) to make such huge bonuses. they can run the business just as easily with no bonuses, since they are getting paid a huge amount of money to begin with.

i know you are pro-union..so drop the debate. i worked for a union shop as well, so drop the union debate.

unions bleed companies dry. i have seen that here with a few big time trucking companies, such as St. Johnsbury, Yale, Branch, and a few others, here in my area alone.

any company can build a quality product with "at will" workers, it's done every day, and they are still here IN AMERICA, and doing well.

take your pro-union physco-babble to the union threads.

(by the way, this posting was in response to "Crystal", who i have now ignored, she can take her union touting BS to the union boards.)

(by the way, this posting was in response to "Crystal", who i have now ignored, she can take her union touting BS to the union boards.)
What union babble? you are the one who brought unions into this debate with your blood sucking union comment.

take your pro-union physco-babble to the union threads.

Do me a favor and keep ignoring me

I have seen a couple ceo's admit they could make their products just as cheap here factoring in the cost of transportation and the low quality work force, BUT they don't want to shut down their factory in China for the fear of making China mad. I wonder what would happen if they had a fear of making the US mad?

I have seen a couple ceo's admit they could make their products just as cheap here factoring in the cost of transportation and the low quality work force, BUT they don't want to shut down their factory in China for the fear of making China mad. I wonder what would happen if they had a fear of making the US mad?

given the extreme air pollution that China has due to their growth, many will die and the jobs will go to Mexico, Viet Nam, etc,etc. if i am not mistaken, factory workers in China and japan, work for company, not for themselves. here in the states, a worker wonders when the next smoke break, coffee break and lunchtime breaks will take place, and if he/she can have a day off for his/her birthday, or a child's birthday.

damn American workers, wanting a life.

it would amount to yet...another damn tax. we are taxed enough or here they also impose "fee's" on things. like a simple DMV visit or online renewal..wanna renew your car tags..??$1.50 extra, they call it an computer upgrade fee, which the computers were upgraded a few years ago, and when they went online or tried to "communicate" with online another..?? they all went down, THEN it was found, the state was sold OLD computers..

i belong to the AAA and can get DMV services done there except my CDL, they have to charge the extra $1.50

so here is someone saying he'd pay $63 a year to bring back an American job. by the time MY state taxes me and fee's me to death, i have been well over that amount.....screw it, he can pay to get the jobs back, i am damned tired of being overly burdened by my state. he doesn't seem to take into account, the people that are on welfare or others that DO NOT pay taxes, or a lower tax, and we others get whacked. so what..i'd have to pay well OVER the $63 he says...if the others cannot pay that $63.......??

BS i say....

This'll never happen. The bigger companies get, the more they flaunt it. They are obsessed with things like CEO, Wall street, corporate, looking forward, going forword, shares, vice ceo, human resources, and ALL that crap that portrays a picture of success. It's like to old man from the Jerry Clower story. The father turned the store over to his son who went to college and majored in business. The son closed the store to take inventory. The father came to the store having a fit because the store was closed
The son told his dad that taking inventory was crucial in maintaining a profit. The father grabbed a ladder, told his son to climb to the top of the rack that was holding store supplies. As the son reached the top, the old man asked if he saw a bolt of dark blue cloth. Son replies yes sir. Old man said bring down here. Son did as he was told. Old man slapped his son in the back of his head and shouted...THERE'S YOUR INVENTORY. EVERYTHING ELSE IS PROFIT. NOW OPEN THE DANG STORE.

Come on now, let's keep it civil. :grouphug:
My posts are always civil. As best as I can remember I never attack a poster I just respond to the post. I don't get into name calling. I didn't bring unions into this thread. I just questioned his using "blood sucking" unions as a reason for corporations moving out of the country. I can live with him having me on ignore. That's one less union hater who will attack my posts. As for his experience with unions being the cause of shutdowns. I'd like to respond to his attack against me. Yale went bankrupt before deregulation. Didn't the son take over and run it into the ground? Wasn't it mismanagement that caused Branch to fail? St Johnsbury http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/15/business/a-victim-of-the-deregulated-road.html
The St. Johnsbury Trucking Company, a leader in the Northeast trucking market, said yesterday that it would close after years of struggling with problems that included nonunionized competitors and a soft Northeast economy.
The fate of the company, founded 72 years ago as a milk hauler in St. Johnsbury, Vt., mirrors that of many trucking companies that have fallen since the industry was deregulated in 1980. Of the top 50 trucking companies operating in 1978, by last year all but 9 had closed or merged.
"It certainly follows a long, unhappy history of carriers not being able to get their cost structure down from what it was in the 1970's, when carriers were quite well protected," said Kenneth Simonson, chief economist of the American Trucking Associations. "There is nothing unusual about this."

I'll leave it at that. Unless he decides to un-ignore me

This'll never happen. The bigger companies get, the more they flaunt it. They are obsessed with things like CEO, Wall street, corporate, looking forward, going forword, shares, vice ceo, human resources, and ALL that crap that portrays a picture of success.

correct, it'll never happen that many American's will be willing to pay the so-called $63 per worker to keep jobs here. those jobs are gone, our, plain and simple. time to move onto another occupation for some, retirement for others, and welfare for the remaining.

as i see it, the exidous(sp??) of American manufacturing jibs will continue, well past our grand children's adulthood.

The American consumer has the power to correct this. Just leave the foreign made goods on the shelf to collect dust.