Yellow | Cash Cows

A lot of the financial reports keep saying that in a worst case scenario that YRC will just have to sell a regional to walk out of this. Its no secret on how well the regionals are doing, a few months ago they sent out a bunch of company propaganda telling everyone how well each regional is doing. Hell in the last purposed MOU the regionals had to do much better than YRC to get their profit sharing since they are already almost at the goal set for YRC.

And as far as pension liabilities go, I don't think that big business cares about that at all since congress is currently going after deleting "troubled pension programs".

For what its worth of they sold off holland I would be there applying the next day, but befor you holland guys think you've got it bad just be thankful they didn't merge holland,

Actually it does sound like that..... ...... Now that's funny! ...
Did it ever occor to some of these folks that YRCW has been slowly shifting profitable freight to the regionals, leaving YRC Freight the "dregs"? Basically, Jeff Rogers changed the paradigm to YRC over 500 miles, the regionals less than 500 miles. That short haul quick service freight pays better.

Considering that the sales force is all under one roof its likely, just like they route freight around troubled terminals they easily could rob the regionals of the freight, before someone says hey they would screw it up and lose customers I must point out that's never bothered them before

If any one of the regionals are sold, it would be non-union Reddaway. The other two come with pension liability, a non-starter for a prospective buyer.

Did it ever occor to some of these folks that YRCW has been slowly shifting profitable freight to the regionals, leaving YRC Freight the "dregs"? Basically, Jeff Rogers changed the paradigm to YRC over 500 miles, the regionals less than 500 miles. That short haul quick service freight pays better.

maybe that's why Holland is so swamped with freight ??? and maybe Holland just knows how to move freight better ???