Yellow | CDL hiring process if broken

It's an irrelevant point.
When..as you said..." The IBT knew it was done and he wasn't budging"..and combine that with ...the UAW knowing that these strikes will destroy union numbers.
It really appears that they are not working for the American workers but are really working for people with a lot more money and pull.
The types that they say they oppose.

Throwing the members to the wolves is not something which will make your organization look good to American workers.
But I'm sure it pays big-time to some.

When..as you said..." The IBT knew it was done and he wasn't budging...and combine that with ...the UAW knowing that these strikes will destroy union numbers".
It really appears that they are not working for the American workers but are really working for people with a lot more money and pull.
The types that they say they oppose.

UAW is a separate union with different leadership. Unions are a corporation, they're no different than any other business. The profits are the most important thing and sometimes you sacrifice a little profit for more profit down the road. Every business does it.

UAW is a separate union with different leadership. Unions are a corporation, they're no different than any other business. The profits are the most important thing and sometimes you sacrifice a little profit for more profit down the road. Every business does it.
Are they tax exempt?

When I hear that Churches or unions are businesses...it doesn't sit quite right with me.
Maybe it's the wrong word choice.
Or wrong descriptive term.

When I hear that Churches or unions are businesses...it doesn't sit quite right with me.
Maybe it's the wrong word choice.
Or wrong descriptive term.

But they are. Unions are like law firms and you pay them a retainer in the form of dues. They come to terms on contracts and file grievances when that contract is violated.

Every entity needs a profit to survive. Churches need employees too.

I had one company say they wanted the long form of DOT Physical.
Not just the Medical Card.
Is that something they have access to without asking?
I can see them wanting it.
But it is personal info.
It's like Hippaa law?
Personal medical info including personal medical conditions, medications..etc.
If the Physical card is good......is that not enough?.
I guess not.

They're not prohibited from obtaining it but there must be a release signed...if you don't allow them access to your personal medical info....I guess you're ::shit:: out of luck with the job.
Rude.

Like cattle being poked and prodded and examined for auction.

I had one company say they wanted the long form of DOT Physical.
Not just the Medical Card.
Is that something they have access to without asking?
I can see them wanting it.
But it is personal info.
It's like Hippaa law?
Personal medical info including personal medical conditions, medications..etc.
If the Physical card is good......is that not enough?.
I guess not.
The last I heard was it is a DOT requirement for the company to have the long form on file for an employee, but to ask for it before hiring....I never heard of that.....

The last I heard was it is a DOT requirement for the company to have the long form on file for an employee, but to ask for it before hiring....I never heard of that.....

Agree the long form contains to much personal data to be offered in a pre-employment stage. Age, SS# any conditions will be available for the prospective employer to see prior to an offer of employment.