Yellow | CDL hiring process if broken

Just getting a CDL is a is a poop show!
yep. and THEN the fingerprinting and background check every 5 yrs at YOUR expense to get the hazmat endorsement not to mention the Haz Mat test that is a b**** to pass. And oh yeah, the preemployment drug test and random drug and alcohol tests required. The police officer that would arrest you for .02 BAC in a commercial vehicle isn't held to that high a standard. Yep. Damn sure is worth it, isn't it? A high school kid can make $18.00/hr flippin' burgers at Mickey Ds place and can flirt with the girls while he does it. And smoke a joint in the alley out back on breaks. This is what happens when the feds are invited to get their nose under the tent. Those filthy sewer rats in DC couldn't even meet these standards. But a lot of them will tell you the damn Teamsters are breaking the country with their union scale....
Like I said before, Trucking was a uniquely American job back in the day. It took guts and skill to run 6% grades on 2 lane highways with 4x4 transmissions and 10 inch brakes and no engine brakes. And now? Hell, even a cave man can do it. So let them...... And if the American people have to eat rats waiting for Zog to bring them food, so be it.

Last edited:
Just got a text at 3:12am from an OTR sleeper truck company.
Says she isn't in the office but got my application.
Please click on link for the company's mobile app.

I don't apply to OTR sleeper truck jobs.

See what I mean?

This is not a trustworthy way to apply for jobs.
How many other businesses got my applications?
And how many are not even trucking companies?
There are worldwide hackers and thieves who know how to steal your stuff.
It has all kinds of important info.
It should be illegal.

Too many people are allowed to get their noses in my business.
Social security numbers.
Drivers license.
Phone number.
Email.
And all kinds of stuff which should just stay with a company you are applying to.....not to be sold or given away just to anybody.

Last edited:
OMG. Just checked my Email and 6 Emails from supposed recruiters....all from sleeper truck companies.
This is ridiculous. Totally unsafe
I don't apply to sleeper truck jobs.
They all say they need just a little more info.
I'm looking for a job....not looking to get robbed.
Some companies make you check off boxes with a whole lot of fine print. Companies that I would want to work for
It's not right if they're giving my info away to make money.
It should be illegal to require boxes like that be checked in order to apply.

They are entitled to too much info and it should be stopped.
You have to sign things to allow them access to your info and it seems to be an exchange.
Not cool.

And each one gets to sell it to 20 other places too, probably.
It's a pretty thick anger brewing inside right here.
Everything's a crooked racket. We have the internet which should make hiring instantaneous...but it makes it take a month longer than it did 30 years ago without internet.

And 100 other people or companies are making money off of our searches and info while we keep applying and waiting with our thumbs up our asses.
This country has taken a wrong turn and refuses to go back to go the right way.
''Everything's a crooked racket''...Now your catching on brother!!!!....Cui Bono!!!!:1036316054:

There's a message in all this for the little guy....Hustle what you can,when you can,and as much as you can...Once an institution is fully corrupted,and this one has been for 50 years or more,your only defense is to out hustle the other hustlers...or 'starve'!!!!

The plan was simple...Money goes to money....Peanuts for the peasants...The cover story?....Freedom and Democracy!!!!!

With the whole LTL industry running not near capacity, both normal amounts of drivers and supervisors are not needed daily, so any company that may be hiring will be very selective. Possibly a position at a large retail DC in your area, or maybe even get your own CDL? Just an opinion. What area of the country are you in? If I may as

With the whole LTL industry running not near capacity, both normal amounts of drivers and supervisors are not needed daily, so any company that may be hiring will be very selective. Possibly a position at a large retail DC in your area, or maybe even get your own CDL? Just an opinion. What area of the country are you in? If I may ask?
western MD.. market is soft.. i just keep throwing out apps.. something will happen eventually. just frustrating to be honest. I am in the prehire phase at the usps.. so might get lucky there !!!

western MD.. market is soft.. i just keep throwing out apps.. something will happen eventually. just frustrating to be honest. I am in the prehire phase at the usps.. so might get lucky there !!!
Good luck to you. But from what I saw the CDL drivers only seemed to get $24 on their site.
It says use a PC but I only have a phone, so I don't know if I was seeing everything. They're right. It is probably much easier on a PC.

Good luck to you. But from what I saw the CDL drivers only seemed to get $24 on their site.
It says use a PC but I only have a phone, so I don't know if I was seeing everything. They're right. It is probably much easier on a PC.
thanks .. no cdl but going for a rural carrier. pay is not great but benifits look really good !

Still waiting for them to remove an accident from my PSP ...FMCSA...CSA....or whatever the Hell record they call it.
Put in for review of an accident that was not my fault. Everybody at the scene knew it. The cops knew it. The reports say it. Yet....preventable is on my record.
Put in for review 7 weeks ago and still no response from them. Besides 2 calls which the PA employee said it can take 90 days and they're swamped in DC..and only 4 people do the necessary change in DC.
It's obviously not helping me get a job.

I'm not happy.
I guess a government shutdown will help speed it up....probably not.
After it finally gets removed or changed, I'll be joining whatever group is advocating to eliminate the FMCSA...or CSA ....or PSP....or whatever it is.
No doubt about that.
There's nowhere to drive to.
Only websites
..and I can see nobody or try and get it changed in one day as could probably have been done years ago by driving to the state capital.
They're taking in money for doing absolutely nothing for the driver.
Maybe it's time to call a lawyer.
I've not been a guy who likes lawyers or courts but their mistake which can take 90 days to correct is costing me money. It passed 3 years a couple weeks ago (it was in September 2020)but that doesn't help if they go back 5 or 10 years on my reports.
There's another one on my record which was extremely questionable to me but changing that would require a private investigator to find out who was lying as witnesses at the scene.. the police rushed me out of the construction zone and traffic where that one happened and didn't want me on the scene taking pictures....I would've had to argue with police to do that...which when shaken up and relying on they're report I wasn't gonna do.
I pointed to all skid marks on my side and they said not to worry, the chief will write the report
He screwed me. And said I crossed the line. I can't change that one. It was a temporary construction zone where they took what was previously straight and put an awkward dogleg or offset type pattern for a very short space.

But the first one is definitely not my fault and is taking too long. That was total error on their part.

Last edited:
Still waiting for them to remove an accident from my PSP ...FMCSA...CSA....or whatever the Hell record they call it.
Put in for review of an accident that was not my fault. Everybody at the scene knew it. The cops knew it. The reports say it. Yet....preventable is on my record.
Put in for review 7 weeks ago and still no response from them. Besides 2 calls which the PA employee said it can take 90 days and they're swamped in DC..and only 4 people do the necessary change in DC.
It's obviously not helping me get a job.

I'm not happy.
I guess a government shutdown will help speed it up....probably not.
After it finally gets removed or changed, I'll be joining whatever group is advocating to eliminate the FMCSA...or CSA ....or PSP....or whatever it is.
No doubt about that.
There's nowhere to drive to.
Only websites
..and I can see nobody or try and get it changed in one day as could probably have been done years ago by driving to the state capital.
They're taking in money for doing absolutely nothing for the driver.
Maybe it's time to call a lawyer.
I've not been a guy who likes lawyers or courts but their mistake which can take 90 days to correct is costing me money. It passed 3 years a couple weeks ago (it was in September 2020)but that doesn't help if they go back 5 or 10 years on my reports.

But the first one is definitely not my fault and is taking too long. That was total error on their part.
Not my fault. She wasn't even in the car. She got out and rolled down steep hill through stop sign. I had no stop sign. Yet PSP has it as my fault.
Wrong.
The company didn't write it up as chargeable to me either.
An injury due to steering tire yanking the steering wheel fracturing and cutting my finger. And both vehicles towed. Makes me look bad
The other one wasn't my fault either. But difficult to prove since I couldn't take pics of skid marks.
I figure a prospective employer might let one accident go...but 2....probably not. And this one never should've been on the report as preventable. I wasn't speeding and there was no time to react and avoid it at all.

Screenshot_20230929-0954043.md.png

Last edited:
OMG. Just checked my Email and 6 Emails from supposed recruiters....all from sleeper truck companies.
This is ridiculous. Totally unsafe
I don't apply to sleeper truck jobs.
They all say they need just a little more info.
I'm looking for a job....not looking to get robbed.
Some companies make you check off boxes with a whole lot of fine print. Companies that I would want to work for
It's not right if they're giving my info away to make money.
It should be illegal to require boxes like that be checked in order to apply.

They are entitled to too much info and it should be stopped.
You have to sign things to allow them access to your info and it seems to be an exchange.
I tell the sleeper recruiters I only work part-time, and the time will be when I'm supposed to be sleeping!

most of my CDL peoples that have looked to get jobs are getting them.. might not be what they want at times.. me as a sup.. well that is whole different ball of wax. on the treadmill of multi interviews.. 1 place.. then the job disapears.. or its filled internally.. etc etc. is it agism 52 and almost 30 years.. get the how are you on tech questions.. my god its rediculous ... and the same jobs keep popping up again and again.. WTF ! at times it take a week or 2 just to get a recruiter phone interview.I have had damn near 18 interviews total... phone, in person, video conf. etc. very frustrating ***** also putting this inout there , me personally I retired and contracted in .. so no severance for me ***** dont cry me that river !
The recruiters got numbers to run too.
Your lucky to retire most of the formen I worked with used to say things are looking up.. They are 6ft under looking up ..

Not my fault. She wasn't even in the car. She got out and rolled down steep hill through stop sign. I had no stop sign. Yet PSP has it as my fault.
Wrong.
The company didn't write it up as chargeable to me either.
An injury due to steering tire yanking the steering wheel fracturing and cutting my finger. And both vehicles towed. Makes me look bad
The other one wasn't my fault either. But difficult to prove since I couldn't take pics of skid marks.
I figure a prospective employer might let one accident go...but 2....probably not. And this one never should've been on the report as preventable. I wasn't speeding and there was no time to react and avoid it at all.

Screenshot_20230929-0954043.md.png
The guy does get back to me. I left a message today and he left one. He says ALL crashes which come in are deemed preventable UNTIL somebody gives a credible challenge to change it to nonpreventable
I guess New Penn nir Yellow did that. I didn't know I could.
He says the government shutdown won't affect their work because they are funded in another way. So they continue to work. But he said the timeline remains at 60-90 days to have a review change something from preventable to nonpreventable.
So all I can do is wait

Look what I found on a site...another biased ridiculous thing.

"Violations are removed from the carrier’s record after two years. One proactive safety strategy for carriers is to track which violations are most common, and which are on the rise."

And they want to go back 3,5,&10 years on us ..
Nothing is removed. I'm clean 2 years also if they'd be removed from us in 2 years

This country is lousy.
Looks like the union of companies and investors probably lobbied for that sweet deal.

Where's O'Brien?
Fix it for the drivers.

Clean record for us in 2 years also.

We're gonna pay taxes for an agency and system for the benefit of companies and to keep ourselves disadvantaged?
And pay taxes for it?
There's a lot of taxes collected from all of the drivers in the country. If informed....we wouldn't be paying taxes for this.

Walmarts site says they require a clean record for 10 years.
Now...how can you think of hiring anybody who hasn't been driving 10 or 12 years to even go back 10 years on a record?

Or if you have companies hiring guys and going back 3 or 5 years and they're hiring people right out of school or driving less than 3 or 5 years?

No wonder this country is a mess.
The standards are not equal.
Nor even close to it.
Always biased.

Last edited:
Look what I found on a site...another biased ridiculous thing.

"Violations are removed from the carrier’s record after two years. One proactive safety strategy for carriers is to track which violations are most common, and which are on the rise."

And they want to go back 3,5,&10 years on us ..
Nothing is removed. I'm clean 2 years also if they'd be removed from us in 2 years

This country is lousy.
Looks like the union of companies and investors probably lobbied for that sweet deal.

Where's O'Brien?
Fix it for the drivers.

Clean record for us in 2 years also.

We're gonna pay taxes for an agency and system for the benefit of companies and to keep ourselves disadvantaged?
And pay taxes for it?
There's a lot of taxes collected from all of the drivers in the country. If informed....we wouldn't be paying taxes for this.

Walmarts site says they require a clean record for 10 years.
Now...how can you think of hiring anybody who hasn't been driving 10 or 12 years to even go back 10 years on a record?

Or if you have companies hiring guys and going back 3 or 5 years and they're hiring people right out of school or driving less than 3 or 5 years?

No wonder this country is a mess.
The standards are not equal.
Nor even close to it.
Always biased.

What's on a carriers record will vary based on company policy.

The state keeps a record going back 10 years and it's accessible to potential employers and their insurance companies.

Walmart requires 30 months experience, allows 2 traffic violations in a 3 year period, no preventables in 30 months and no DOT preventable accidents in 10 years. That's not impossible.

The state keeps a record going back 10 years and it's accessible to potential employers and their insurance companies.

Walmart requires 30 months experience, allows 2 traffic violations in a 3 year period, no preventables in 30 months and no DOT preventable accidents in 10 years. That's not impossible.
I was going on a site that says the record clears in 2 years. That's a quote I used.

All accidents go into the PSP as preventable. If it's a DOT recordable accident
Just so everybody knows that.
You or your company must clear it with them or it remains preventable. Even if it wasn't your fault
That's what a DOT guy who I've been communicating with told me yesterday.
If you or your company doesn't fight it and check it....it's gonna say preventable no matter what, according to him.
I don't know if that's new or what. I think CSA only started in November of 2020.

All accidents go into the PSP as preventable. If it's a DOT recordable accident
You or your company must clear it with them or it remains preventable. Even if it wasn't your fault
If you or your company doesn't fight it and check it....it's gonna say preventable no matter what, according to him.
I don't know if that's new or what. I think CSA only started in November of 2020.
That being said...if you had an accident within the last week..
.your fault or not...and it is DOT recordable....it will say preventable on PSP.....wether your fault or not.....and could take 90 days to clear from your record.
So if job hunting...your record is tarnished the next 90 or more days....wether your fault or not.
Guilty until proven Innocent.
When does that mentality ever work?

I was going on a site that says the record clears in 2 years. That's a quote I used.

Where did you get that from? Penndot says their records go back 10 years and I'm pretty sure that's the standard. CSA clears after 2 years. CSA and driving record aren't the same thing.

All accidents go into the PSP as preventable.

I lawyer up for everything because of stuff like that. Better to pay somebody that understands it and can guide you through it, Rather than let it sit and hope for the best.