Yellow | CDL hiring process if broken

That being said...if you had an accident within the last week..
.your fault or not...and it is DOT recordable....it will say preventable on PSP.....wether your fault or not.....and could take 90 days to clear from your record.
So if job hunting...your record is tarnished the next 90 or more days....wether your fault or not.
Guilty until proven Innocent.
When does that mentality ever work?

Fault doesn't matter to DOT. Its reported if one of more of the three occur

1) a vehicle is towed.
2) somebody gets medical treatment immediately after or at the scene AKA ambulance ride.
3) there's a fatality.

Fault doesn't matter to DOT. Its reported if one of more of the three occur

1) a vehicle is towed.
2) somebody gets medical treatment immediately after or at the scene AKA ambulance ride.
3) there's a fatality.
It matters when you look for a job and something is listed preventable on your PSP report, when it wasn't preventable..
And it tends to make employers throw your application out especially if there's 2 in 5 years.

And I did lawyer up for the one in question and the lawyer also had the police report stating the other driver messed up.
As soon as returning to terminal I was told to immediately speak to the insurance type people..third party..claims.
I had a sore finger and needed it checked. Small fracture.
I've seen more people required to resign from a union company due to workers comp fraud than for any other reason..I knew it'd be comp because I wasn't gonna push and pull skids or climb in trailers
from the ground, with a bum finger. Not serious,but serious enough to know serious permanent damage could occur with normal work requirements. So to protect my job and to know the legal ways to do it..I got home and got a lawyer.

So then, not only do you get a bad mark on your record for a DOT recordable, automatically assumed preventable, until proven otherwise.
But you ALSO get a bad mark for filing a comp claim if looking for a job.
For an accident which wasn't even your fault.
I didn't file a comp claim to get rich or milk it.
Just for time to heal legally.
I hate going in for 8 hours doing nothing.
If I could've rushed the company doctor more to release me faster I would have. But they drag it out longer than I would

It matters when you look for a job

Obviously. I said "to DOT".

So then, not only do you get a bad mark on your record for a DOT recordable, automatically assumed preventable, until proven otherwise.
But you ALSO get a bad mark for filing a comp claim if looking for a job.
For an accident which wasn't even your fault.
I didn't file a comp claim to get rich or milk it.
Just for time to heal legally.
I hate going in for 8 hours doing nothing.
If I could've rushed the company doctor more to release me faster I would have. But they drag it out longer than I would

The issue you're having is that there are a limited amount of jobs in this economy and you're competing with a bunch of other people in the situation as you, but those people don't have the issues you have with the accident.

Obviously. I said "to DOT".

The issue you're having is that there are a limited amount of jobs in this economy and you're competing with a bunch of other people in the situation as you, but those people don't have the issues you have with the accident.
The issue shouldn't exist.
Guilty until proven innocent is not a concept which works anywhere.

Plenty of our guys get the same Email...."We are not moving forward with the application."

My hunch is that accidents may be on their PSP which they may not know have been deemed "preventable" on their PSP.......Even though they were not preventable and they were not at fault.

.......all of the sudden there was no driver shortage...and they've trained a bunch of "diverse" people to replace you....and have no experience but nothing on their driving record because they haven't driven.
But they're diverse and that get you points.

5 of our young diverse trainees got jobs ...UPS..and other
$30/hour jobs.
And we get the Emails.
Women. Hispanics. Immigrant's from Hispanic nation.
Haitians who have been here less than a year. To
We had a guy with only an automatic transmission CDL.
No experience. He was trained.
Worked less than 2 years here with new manual transmission CDL.
He gets hired at UPS along with a brand new trainee female with less than 2 years.

Guys with 30+ years LTL with no accidents nor discipline write ups get the "application is not moving forward" email.

Last edited:
The issue shouldn't exist.
Guilty until proven innocent is not a concept which works anywhere.

What were you convicted of?

A determination of fault is not a conviction and reporting an accident isn't either. The issue exists and the economy sucks.

You were told to get off the ship before it sank. You refused because of seniority, vacation time and health insurance. Now you have to compete to get on the lifeboat.

Do the best you can with what you have.

A determination of fault is not a conviction and reporting an accident isn't either. The issue exists and the economy sucks.

You were told to get off the ship before it sank. You refused because of seniority, vacation time and health insurance. Now you have to compete to get on the lifeboat.

I was convicted of a nonpreventable accident on my PSP.
It is there for employers to see.
It prevents hiring.

And it takes 90 days to clear.

Repercussions are that it's another mark for employers to use to throw the application away.

Yet I wasn't at fault. I showed the police diagram and report above. It shouldn't exist as preventable

There should be no record if this is the system.

I was convicted of a nonpreventable accident on my PSP.
It is there for employers to see.
It prevents hiring.

And it takes 90 days to clear.

Repercussions are that it's another mark for employers to use to throw the application away.

Yet I wasn't at fault. I showed the police diagram and report above. It shouldn't exist as preventable

There should be no record if this is the system.

That's not a conviction.

That's a crock of ::shit::...once again holding the driver at fault.
Nobody EVER knows when a company is gonna go down or turn it around.
I've worked at a few companies who thought their ::shit:: don't stink....and one day....the doors close.
And we've worked atYRC...when they were gonna go down....yet last 15 more years.
There is no functional crystal ball to predict.

Any company which has a board on this site can close by 5pm tonight.
And some will never see it coming.

That's a crock of ::::shit::::...once again holding the driver at fault.
Nobody EVER knows when a company is gonna go down or turn it around.
I've worked at a few companies who thought their ::::shit:::: don't stink....and one day....the doors close.
And we've worked atYRC...when they were gonna go down....yet last 15 more years.
There is no functional crystal ball to predict.

Any company which has a board on this site can close by 5pm tonight.
And some will never see it coming.

Everybody knew, you chose to ignore the writing on the wall. You gambled and lost. It happens. Go back and read the multiple threads that said you should leave now because the job market won't be kind and your reponses. It's not the employees fault, it's just what happened.

Everybody said this isn't like the last 15 years. O'Brien won't budge, Hawkins is saying they're broke and they're not paying benefits. Even O'Brien said it was going under, but nobody saw it coming.

If an employer sees it on there....and throws out the application......what is the terminology you'd use?

A record of an accident and it's going to be there for 10 years.

Everybody knew, you chose to ignore the writing on the wall. You gambled and lost. It happens. Go back and read the multiple threads that said you should leave now because the job market won't be kind and your reponses. It's not the employees fault, it's just what happened.

Everybody said this isn't like the last 15 years. O'Brien won't budge, Hawkins is saying they're broke and they're not paying benefits. Even O'Brien said it was going under, but nobody saw it coming.

It not only a record of an accident.
The PSP report says it's a record of a preventable accident. And it isn't gonna be marked otherwise unless the DOT FMCSA PSP people do the right thing...which takes 90 days.

We had guys leave. This year.
One went to ABF.
He's working at Ryder now because ABF laid off and hasn't hired anybody near here at 3 terminals or more since their contract passed.
Bad move on O'Briens part imo.
If he knew..like you said ..that the economy sucks.

Then he should've negotiated for our members sake
Even with UPS employee numbers...we probably have more combined seniority...which he should've been concerned with.

But my hunch is that he isn't concerned.
He's concerned about himself. And for him to prosper ...he will tow the BlackRock and WEF and UN lines.
Meaning screw the people who've been here forever.
Screw seniority for what the investors and corporations and politicians want

I have one word for that....actually more than one.....but ****** assed ********** is a start.

Last edited:
It not only a record of an accident.
The PSP report says it's a record of a preventable accident. And it isn't gonna be marked otherwise unless the DOT FMCSA PSP people do the right thing...which takes 90 days.

Such is the bureaucracy. Get it fixed and move on.
We had guys leave. This year.
One went to ABF.
He's working at Ryder now because ABF laid off and hasn't hired anybody near here at 3 terminals or more since their contract passed.
Bad move on O'Briens part imo.
If he knew..like you said ..that the economy sucks.

Then he should've negotiated for our members sake
Even with UPS employee numbers...we probably have more combined seniority...which he should've been concerned with.

You were here for all of that. You were told to jump ship, but again, seniority vacation and health insurance.

Remember the tombstone, "'do nothing' Darren", the late night negotiations that went nowhere, yellow saying if they don't get their way there going to go under.... This wasn't that long ago.

Remember you and I debating because you said the teamsters care about 22,000 Members paying dues and I told you that's a drop in the bucket for the IBT and you said I was wrong. You're wrong again. I'd bet UPS has way more combined seniority than yellow and seniority only matters to the company.

You were here for all of that. You were told to jump ship, but again, seniority vacation and health insurance.

Remember the tombstone, "'do nothing' Darren", the late night negotiations that went nowhere, yellow saying if they don't get their way there going to go under.... This wasn't that long ago.

Remember you and I debating because you said the teamsters care about 22,000 Members paying dues and I told you that's a drop in the bucket for the IBT and you said I was wrong. You're wrong again. I'd bet UPS has way more combined seniority than yellow and seniority only matters to the company.
Seniority. Vacation. and health insurance...are the union selling point.
Without it there's nothing.

And now...there's nothing.

He fought for higher dues and more dues paying part timers.
That's what he fought for.
Because that's what higher part time rates bring in.

And do the part time warehouse and package car drivers get insurance?

How about vacation?
He fought for nonunion principles of just pay.
No insurance and living wage....not at part time.
No vacations

In other words ...he fought for what the companies have always wanted...and threatened to strike over it.
Really big smokescreen show.

The big picture= the economy get kids working 6 or 8 hour jobs until 2-4pm....then going to UPS part time to work trailers..
They get no vacations not sick pay from either job.....and work all day and night. They get good pay at UPS and the union gets tons of dues payers who ..."coincidentally"(wink wink)....pay higher dues due to the higher pay rate.

Just what corporation love.
All day and night for them.
He fought for them.

This union is almost done.
If I thought like you....I'd be taking TForce out of the picture ...and leave only ABF ....and no doubt they're already thinking about that.

Part timers is not the answer
And indifference toward the Yellow workers is also not the answer.
It's gonna cave much sooner than we think.

Last edited:
Seniority. Vacation. and health insurance...are the union selling point.
Without it there's nothing.

And now...there's nothing.

My point is everybody saw it. If you didn't see it, it's because you refused to.

He fought for higher dues and more dues paying part timers.
That's what he fought for.
Because that's what higher part time rates bring in.

And do the part time warehouse and package car drivers get insurance?

How about vacation?
He fought for nonunion principles of just pay.
No insurance and living wage....not at part time.
No vacations

In other words ...he fought for what the companies have always wanted...and threatened to strike over it.
Really big smokescreen show.

The big picture= the economy get kids working 6 or 8 hour jobs until 2-4pm....then going to UPS part time to work trailers..
They get no vacations not sick pay from either job.....and work all day and night. They get good pay at UPS and the union gets tons of dues payers who ..."coincidentally"(wink wink)....pay higher dues due to the higher pay rate.

Just what corporation love.
All day and night for them.
He fought for them.

UPS nor the union have that kind of power.

Yes part timers get teamcare after 9 months.

My point is everybody saw it. If you didn't see it, it's because you refused to.

UPS nor the union have that kind of power.

Yes part timers get teamcare after 9 months.
Vacations?

No not everybody saw it.
Some people said they saw it as if they knew ...ever day for the last 18-19 years I worked there.
Every day somebody said they're going down.

Then they got a loan from Trump...
And a bunch of things before that.
So...nobody really knew until it really happens.

Just like the DOT says my record will change in 90 days.... I'll believe it when it happens.
I worked places that nobody knew the place was closing.
One day ya come in....and overnight they came and took all the trucks.....then ya know

Vacations?

No not everybody saw it.
Some people said they saw it as if they knew ...ever day for the last 18-19 years I worked there.
Every day somebody said they're going down.

Then they got a loan from Trump...
And a bunch of things before that.
So...nobody really knew until it really happens.

Just like the DOT says my record will change in 90 days.... I'll believe it when it happens.
I worked places that nobody knew the place was closing.
One day ya come in....and overnight they came and took all the trucks.....then ya know

It's all documented here. Go read the posts. Everybody knew.

If I thought like you....I'd be taking TForce out of the picture ...and leave only ABF ....and no doubt they're already thinking about that.

If you thought like me, you would've jumped ship at the right time, not with everybody else. You also wouldn't have this current problem because I try to get ahead of everything. I told you before I'm at FedEx because I like what I do. If they went under tomorrow, no skin off my nose. Life is about preparing and planning.

Union has over a million members, it's not going anywhere. Yellow went under, IBT is fine just like everybody said would happen.

If you thought like me, you would've jumped ship at the right time, not with everybody else.

Union has over a million members, it's not going anywhere. Yellow went under, IBT is fine just like everybody said would happen.
I'm sure all the unemployed guys are really glad that they're fine.
20 years of dues for them to be fine and us unemployed.