CF name taken by Con-Way

Moparman said:
Just one more slap in the face to all the former C.F. employees.I guess it's par for the course from a low life company like conway!It may take a while but every dog has it's day!
I hope that when the dog has its day he will think about the reasons why.

i see that a lot of con-way tractors have taking there names off there doors but have in letters at the bottom cnf just wonder what there up to there oh well it wanted be ups freight

excfman said:
i see that a lot of con-way tractors have taking there names off there doors but have in letters at the bottom cnf just wonder what there up to there oh well it wanted be ups freight
They have officially changed the name to Con-Way Freight and will rebrand all equipment along with changing the colors.
Don't really think they had any thoughts about UPS or any purchase of the ConWay empire.
If they had wanted to sell a business, then they would have sold CF back in the 90's instead of filing for bankruptcy.

how many times do we need to say it ??we are con-way freight now,NOT c.f !! its never a good thing when people loose a job,but yall need to move on with your lives and stop bad crying..all our trucks and trailers will say con-way freight on them within 2 years NOT c.f. !!!if this company went under tommorow i would feel bad about starting at the bottom AGAIN but i would just go down the road to another fine company like fedex or ups or usf..not dwell on it forever..its just how corprate america is now we are stuck with this ..look out for yourself see ya........

biggdean said:
how many times do we need to say it ??we are con-way freight now,NOT c.f !! its never a good thing when people loose a job,but yall need to move on with your lives and stop bad crying..all our trucks and trailers will say con-way freight on them within 2 years NOT c.f. !!!if this company went under tommorow i would feel bad about starting at the bottom AGAIN but i would just go down the road to another fine company like fedex or ups or usf..not dwell on it forever..its just how corporate America is now we are stuck with this ..look out for yourself see ya........
well said I've been saying this for months.

brutus said:
well said I've been saying this for months.
You are right ....
Now let's just keep to the comments about the posted thread and remember that the employees of Con-Way had nothing to do with the bankruptcy of Consolidated Freightways.
We are all just working for a living here ....

Animo916 said:
If memory serves me right, Central Freight is the last existing member of the former Roadway Services. Roadway Services was the parent of Roadway Express before they Spun us off from their nonunion divisions. Other members of Roadway Services were, RPS, Coles, Spartan, and Viking. Coles and Spartan are gone, Central is sputtering, and Viking and RPS were acquired by Fedex.
To my knowledge Central Freight was never a part of Roadway Services.

stldude44 said:
Tox,
I believe that at one time Central Freight was indeed under the umbrella that was Roadway Services.
I was trying to see if anyone was on there toes on this issue..... :) Ok I was wrong one time finally in my life. :shutup2:

Toxic said:
CFer I am always confused when you are not here...... :Banger-Cow: :crackup: Was your time off good?

He always takes off time. A couple a months for an itty bitty pitty,
and as soon as he gets back to work he sneaks out on a vacation.........
what a life.

CFer is my hero!!

Animo916 said:
He always takes off time. A couple a months for an itty bitty pitty,
and as soon as he gets back to work he sneaks out on a vacation.........
what a life.

CFer is my hero!!

Sounds like you're jealous to me :whistle:

saddletramp said:
Lawofone, trucker4cf,CFer, and others who worked for CF:

I never worked for them, but in my 35 years of driving line haul for different carriers CF was admired by more than you will ever know. In the early 70's I was sitting one night on top of Lookout Pass headed east in the middle of winter. It was my first time with a set of doubles, the road was a sheet of ice, and trucks heading down the hill into Montana where all over the hill. A CF came up behind me and as he started over he hollered at me on the radio and asked what in the hell was I doing sitting there? I told him it didn't look good to me and he said,"Come on out in the middle with me son and we will go down this thing together. "Away I went and we went down the median, as there was no jersey barrier between the lanes then, it was solid concrete all the way across. The state had plowed all the snow in the middle and you had to run the throttle to get down the hill. Needless to say when we got to St. Regis he bought me a cup of coffee and welcomed me into the world of running doubles in the winter. I will never forget his kindness, and most of all I will never forget the men and women of CF who in there own way made a great company the envy of the rest of us!

Thank you CF drivers!

That was a good story.
Thats a true professional!! where are all the true professionals today? That story earns some respect in my book.