Yellow | Chains .....

roadway77

TB Regular
Credits
You know it scares me when u stop to put chains on and like 5 dif drivers in broken english want ur help on how to do it. Not its not hard after someone shows u a couple times. Just goes to show how prepared alot of these guys are and just get thrown out here . That or all of them are in there first winter. Put ur seatbelts on guys and watch out its a scary road these days :/

Chicago 309

I belive YRC would rather the freight show up late, then not at all. There was a memo put out last winter about driving in adverse weather conditions. If you make the decision to continue driving in bad weather; when you should have stopped and it goes bad. There will be consequences. Good luck Super truckers.

When the going gets tough, the smart pull over.

On the surface that sounds like a good reasonable thought and where I live it's OK, to go that route. But I believe that there are sections of our country where you'd be in the motel for six months before you could roll again.

Chicago 309

You may NOT proceed beyond chain control without chaining up. REAL Teamsters chain up as needed,its part of the job.

The only job i have is to protect my licence. When YRC goes belly up I will need a clean MVR to get a job somewhere else. Real teamsters, don't get me started on that one.

Tell a drive from North Carolina, Tennessee or Georgia that they have to chain up. :smile:

And wait for the look you will get. :popcorn:

That suggestion of protecting your life and your license was good advice.If you think that you are a well informed stakeholder raise your hand?I didn't think so.With these pay cuts and vacation cuts and reverse stock splits.alot of us Teamster's attitudes have changed for the worse.You have guys taking unnecessary risks and harming their health for the almighty dollar.some of these guys don't take breaks on a run.they just run straight to point b.Sleeper teams take loads without checking the weather.So they can get the miles.I don't know why we even have breaks on the trucks and trailers.if it wasn't for the laws.They wouldn't stop to put chains on.Its just terrible to see all of this

You may NOT proceed beyond chain control without chaining up. REAL Teamsters chain up as needed,its part of the job.
A Very Very true statement! But also remember that some of drivers who have to drive over the "Little Mountains" Here in the east also know when to get the hell off the road! No Ego invollved here folks! Just common sence!