ABF | Change of operations proposal.

I would read my contract and supplements if I had them. Word here in nashville is no books printed yet. I guess a year and a half is not long enough for the printers. Just sayin
Always the same answer, at beginning of each new contract. Sometimes would get maybe the last year r so.

Name calling. You're cool
Not name calling. You're worried about a layoff that would essentially be voluntary, as you would have to refuse the all-expenses-paid chance to follow the work.

Nobody is getting laid off unless everyone chooses not to follow the work. If you were at the bottom of the board and refused, you've made the decision to be laid off. There's nothing special to it. No secret. And why you'd throw away the opportunity to continue employment at ABF at no cost to you in favor of being laid off is beyond mind boggling.

You're sounding very alarmist over something that you'd have to do to yourself willingly against all sense. I call it how I see it, and the only thing that quacks is a duck.

...... And why you'd throw away the opportunity to continue employment at ABF at no cost to you in favor of being laid off is beyond mind boggling.
Because of a million good reasons from not wanting to move the kids, spouses with lives and careers. Not to mention responsibilities to older people who need support. And because laid off is not and end to employment at ABF. And moving is hardly a guarantee against being laid off.

Because of a million good reasons from not wanting to move the kids, spouses with lives and careers. Not to mention responsibilities to older people who need support. And because laid off is not and end to employment at ABF. And moving is hardly a guarantee against being laid off.
All good points. But it's very much unlikely that they wouldn't find anyone willing to move, and that's essentially the main point.

I would read my contract and supplements if I had them. Word here in nashville is no books printed yet. I guess a year and a half is not long enough for the printers. Just sayin
We were told to order our books from the printer in October. B.A. ordered nice spiral-bound copies of the contract and supplements,........ Only the best for us!.. Now, in December, we're told that the ABF Labor guy and our Two-Man committee,..... which actually consists of one apparently overworked Joint Council officer.....who has no freight barns in her Local,........have yet to sit down and PROOFREAD the contract books,.......the ones we ordered already!.......so they haven't gone to the printer yet! Too busy to bother to do her job.......Too busy to get those stinky, whiny ABF Teamsters, and their stupid, piddling concerns over contract books out of her highly-sprayed hair...........But now, apparently, there are other Joint Councils who haven't got their contracts yet? And I thought WE were the only ones with lazy and Incompetent people in charge of our representation......... Hurry up July Convention.......

We were told to order our books from the printer in October. B.A. ordered nice spiral-bound copies of the contract and supplements,........ Only the best for us!.. Now, in December, we're told that the ABF Labor guy and our Two-Man committee,..... which actually consists of one apparently overworked Joint Council officer.....who has no freight barns in her Local,........have yet to sit down and PROOFREAD the contract books,.......the ones we ordered already!.......so they haven't gone to the printer yet! Too busy to bother to do her job.......Too busy to get those stinky, whiny ABF Teamsters, and their stupid, piddling concerns over contract books out of her highly-sprayed hair...........But now, apparently, there are other Joint Councils who haven't got their contracts yet? And I thought WE were the only ones with lazy and Incompetent people in charge of our representation......... Hurry up July Convention.......
If you are in need & don't wish to wait you can download it on to your phone the National conteact & any & all the supps. 3 years is unacceptable for them not to have your book

If you are in need & don't wish to wait you can download it on to your phone the National conteact & any & all the supps. 3 years is unacceptable for them not to have your book
I have what's known as the blue-lined copy, plus the old contract book to cross-reference......... So actually, I have a briefcase full of loose-leaf sheets and one old tattered, heavily lined and noted old broken-spined contract book.

We keep a printer copy at the terminal, and we've printed up a few complete copies for a few of the guys I represent who wanted to file grievances. All in all, it feels like we're represented by the Amalgamated Brotherhood of Skunk-skinners and Bushwhackers Local # 14794.2 from Eastern Tennessee,........ instead of from the once proud International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

It used to be a point of pride that I had a well-crafted, easy-to-use, professional-looking contract book that was the admiration and wonder of the unorganized and minimally-,represented.

Now I have a pile of loose papers marked up with pencil and magic markers, and a well-used wad of a book that I can shake out of my briefcase in a big pile and wade through it like Bob Cratchit during tax time, any time a guy asks me about new changes in the contract. Impressive! .....And,.........designed to inspire confidence in your competence. .......

We USED to get a contract book within 6 months of ratification,...........but that was back when we were getting 3 year contracts,..........long before Hoffa's time.

I guess I should feel "lucky" to have a photostated copy from the "World's Largest Union".........

I have what's known as the blue-lined copy, plus the old contract book to cross-reference......... So actually, I have a briefcase full of loose-leaf sheets and one old tattered, heavily lined and noted old broken-spined contract book.

We keep a printer copy at the terminal, and we've printed up a few complete copies for a few of the guys I represent who wanted to file grievances. All in all, it feels like we're represented by the Amalgamated Brotherhood of Skunk-skinners and Bushwhackers Local # 14794.2 from Eastern Tennessee,........ instead of from the once proud International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

It used to be a point of pride that I had a well-crafted, easy-to-use, professional-looking contract book that was the admiration and wonder of the unorganized and minimally-,represented.

Now I have a pile of loose papers marked up with pencil and magic markers, and a well-used wad of a book that I can shake out of my briefcase in a big pile and wade through it like Bob Cratchit during tax time, any time a guy asks me about new changes in the contract. Impressive! .....And,.........designed to inspire confidence in your competence. .......

We USED to get a contract book within 6 months of ratification,...........but that was back when we were getting 3 year contracts,..........long before Hoffa's time.

I guess I should feel "lucky" to have a photostated copy from the "World's Largest Union".........
I was going to say, The last contract I saw, or most recent, was a handful of papers with a bunch of lines drawn through it and corrections made to it. not a professional contract and left open a mess of interpretation issues, etc.. which where I am from grievances are far and few between, terminations and suspensions are now no longer protested, its a mess. Couldn't agree with this post more..

We just gots ours 2 weeks ago!

We just gots ours 2 weeks ago!
Good for you, Brother! Maybe the ice jam backlog on certain officer's desks have finally cleared and they have the time to proofread and verify the contract........... that was ratified in November 2013.

Only,....what?.....2 years and 3 months,.......which is exactly the amount of time that new book is valid.......

I guess if you were going to the convention in July, that's one less sign you'd have to hold up......"Where's My Contract Book? ".....along with the " Where's My Vacation?"…..and the "Where's My American-Made Uniform?"......

I'll still keep all my signs, though. We'll see how long it takes to get our books in this. Joint Council.