FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

It’s exactly like Xpo. Just different colours on the trailers.
In a bad economy they treat you like crap because they know you aren't going anywhere. Management tells you that your over paid. In a great economy when freight is falling off the docks there are cookouts, management loving on you. Everyone telling you are a asset to company. The later also applies if you petition for a vote just at alot greater scale!

It's very comical to watch really. Also easier to pick out the sellouts and back stabbers too.

They did not come over. The companies merged together. Fedex National was not closed. Just the name was retired to Freight as a combined company.
then let them come with their job class and dovetail like the rest if us do when we are folowing work not get to keep all your company time as your new job class that’s what i was talking about. When i have dovetailed following work i never fell at the new location with my companytime on the road i fell with job class. That’s what I meant by super seniority because they all got to go where they wanted that was available and use their entire companytime as their job class. and if you did 10 years city and 10 years road at Watkins/National you fell with 20 years road i have seen it. not fair

The National LTL and Freight merger was no different as the Yellow and Roadway merger. It did not matter what company you worked for. Seniority prevailed end of the story. Fedex National is now called Fedex Freight Economy, and the old Fedex Freight is Priority.
I bet if the show was on the other foot those National guys would have been crying the blues. Just sayin. they have tried to get ome board here for years it never has happened

I thought they were talking about express dovetailing in on us. My apologies.

Who knows. We sure won't till they want us too. Just info that was passed on to me. Do with it what you will.

Also had another friend called me saying Ground pulls 1 to 2 sets a night out of WME. Hostlers hook them, and they come in and hook and go.

WME has drivers sitting daily. So why is ground pulling our doubles?
if the whole company, the way they are making decisions right now and blowing off customers doesn’t make even the most skeptical person think twice i don’t know what to say. They said after a merger at our barn we were going to be running the freight (from the closed center) on extra board until we bid in a month and add some runs. Now we aren’t bidding….we aren’t running what they said….basically they lied their a$$ off and nobody cares. Hard to take when you see Estes, OD, Southeastern, and XPO expanding and hiring as we shrink and wither….

then let them come with their job class and dovetail like the rest if us do when we are folowing work not get to keep all your company time as your new job class that’s what i was talking about. When i have dovetailed following work i never fell at the new location with my companytime on the road i fell with job class. That’s what I meant by super seniority because they all got to go where they wanted that was available and use their entire companytime as their job class. and if you did 10 years city and 10 years road at Watkins/National you fell with 20 years road i have seen it. not fair
That scenario would be news to me. If true that would be wrong. Dovetail should be with job class seniority.

The watkins deal was a mess. basically some of them got to pick and choose what they wanted to do and what seniority date.
It was such a mess someone wrote a book about it lol.

I bet someone from WME, DAL or any of the big hubs back then could remind us. I remember the general feeling of employees from both sides of the fence of being screwed over which likely promulgated the whole union avoidance fiasco a couple of years later.

FedEx dropped the ball in the late late oughts and early teens with its acquisition and operations strategy. Rail, the introduction of a differed service product (Economy) and merging two companies (three technically), all with different characteristics, was too much at once.

Big changes followed the recession in 08-09 and big changes are to come post Rona/F Smith.

Several high level dept heads are retiring at the end of may. Who knows why… express linehaul to run on THE linehaul network. That’s all I have read. A good portion of air cargo to move by truck. Network optimization is the term being used.
All I know for sure is my situation. I’ll be going soon and another guy will take my run and nobody will care. I’ve watched enough favoritism,and hundreds of rules that don’t matter. I mean the attendance point policy is gone. No way you can get fired for violating attendance policy. I’ll be here to see the next wave of changes in June and then I’m out.
I’ll be just a few months from 30 years on the road board. Good luck to all

Several high level dept heads are retiring at the end of may. Who knows why… express linehaul to run on THE linehaul network. That’s all I have read. A good portion of air cargo to move by truck. Network optimization is the term being used.
All I know for sure is my situation. I’ll be going soon and another guy will take my run and nobody will care. I’ve watched enough favoritism,and hundreds of rules that don’t matter. I mean the attendance point policy is gone. No way you can get fired for violating attendance policy. I’ll be here to see the next wave of changes in June and then I’m out.
I’ll be just a few months from 30 years on the road board. Good luck to all
Express linehaul couldn't handle 10% of what Freight moves on the road.
On top of that, 19 out of every 20 Express drivers aren't certified to pull doubles.

On top of that, I don't think most of you understand just how little skidded freight Express handles compared to FxFreight. They maybe, MAYBE do 5% compared to Freight.
But yes, their f2 and f3 freight does move by truck. Again, a very small amount.

Express ain't doing jack for Freight.

Express linehaul couldn't handle 10% of what Freight moves on the road.
On top of that, 19 out of every 20 Express drivers aren't certified to pull doubles.

On top of that, I don't think most of you understand just how little skidded freight Express handles compared to FxFreight. They maybe, MAYBE do 5% compared to Freight.
But yes, their f2 and f3 freight does move by truck. Again, a very small amount.

Express ain't doing jack for Freight.
They can't. But thats why Express Heavyweight as a division is basically ceasing to exist and they'll be dovetailing into our boards. supposedly.

Atleast thats what DAY, CCI, IND, CMH, ect. drivers are being told.