FedEx Freight | Changes coming in June?

Road or city?
Supposedly both. Nothing official about it yet on our end, but im sure the express boys know about it already.

If you got ****ed by the watkins deal in the past you better lube up that ass because those express boards can be pretty heavy on the seniority.

My guess as to how it'll work out is we pickup and deliver the current stuff we're getting for express and our P&D will bring stuff to the airport that needs to go via air.

Last edited:
Supposedly both. Nothing official about it yet on our end, but im sure the express boys know about it already.

If you got ****ed by the watkins deal in the past you better lube up that ass because those express boards can be pretty heavy on the seniority.

My guess as to how it'll work out is we pickup and deliver the current stuff we're getting for express and our P&D will bring stuff to the airport that needs to go via air.
I don't see how they can come to both, but nothing surprises me here. If it comes off a plane and they delivered it. So that's P&D to me, but it's FedEx. They do what they want employees be damned.

No one needs to complain, because you said you wanted to give them another chance. Personally I hope they offer a buyout if this is true because I'm gone, and that's exactly what FedEx wants.

A whooole lot of road drivers would scream bloody murder when they get pushed down by a city guy that's worked days for 20yrs,only to slide in, and get a 600+mi day run.
Would you blame them. The main reason most high seniority city guys didn't come to the road was they didn't want to work nights. So we pay our dues for a decade. Then some city guy bumps you back to nights.
Sounds fair.... To every city guy that wants road money without the night work...

Seniority may be deep in some big markets, but even then, there's just not that many of those guys. I'd say for every 1 Express p&d driver, there's 50 Freight drivers.

I will say it will be interesting to see how they'd manage it. Very few of their guys are endorsed to pull doubles, let alone tanker qualified. FxF requires that you have both endorsements. Furthermore, it would be very interesting if they had the option to go to the road.

Would you blame them. The main reason most high seniority city guys didn't come to the road was they didn't want to work nights. So we pay our dues for a decade. Then some city guy bumps you back to nights.
Sounds fair.... To every city guy that wants road money without the night work...
No argument there, I was just saying that will be the result of everyone pushing for 1 board.

I think I'd decertify
Monday Mood GIF

I don't see how they can come to both, but nothing surprises me here. If it comes off a plane and they delivered it. So that's P&D to me, but it's FedEx. They do what they want employees be damned.

No one needs to complain, because you said you wanted to give them another chance. Personally I hope they offer a buyout if this is true because I'm gone, and that's exactly what FedEx wants.
They also run a small linehaul operation. along with their 200 some mile 5 stop city routes.

then let them come with their job class and dovetail like the rest if us do when we are folowing work not get to keep all your company time as your new job class that’s what i was talking about. When i have dovetailed following work i never fell at the new location with my companytime on the road i fell with job class. That’s what I meant by super seniority because they all got to go where they wanted that was available and use their entire companytime as their job class. and if you did 10 years city and 10 years road at Watkins/National you fell with 20 years road i have seen it. not fair
Like it or not, that IS how a chance of operation works, the way I understand it.

That's why many a driver has spent half their time here HOPING for a change of operation. For most, it never happened.

:smilie93c peelout:

Your guess is as good as any. Just know, some have a LOT of seniority, but there are not that many of them.

Either way some will be very disappointed. VERY.
:smilie93c peelout:

I will say it will be interesting to see how they'd manage it. Very few of their guys are endorsed to pull doubles, let alone tanker qualified. FxF requires that you have both endorsements. Furthermore, it would be very interesting if they had the option to go to the roaroag
Most won't understand the difference, other than most of road runs nights.

Sadly I'd bet FedEx won't go too deep explaining, day runs vs shuttle, vs the few remaining laydowns...

We'll see...

Seniority may be deep in some big markets, but even then, there's just not that many of those guys. I'd say for every 1 Express p&d driver, there's 50 Freight drivers.

I will say it will be interesting to see how they'd manage it. Very few of their guys are endorsed to pull doubles, let alone tanker qualified. FxF requires that you have both endorsements. Furthermore, it would be very interesting if they had the option to go to the road.
I know in NHS, and NAS the driver trainers were training Express a while back to pull doubles. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
60% of the time, I'm right every time.

Last edited:
Either way, it will be a total culture shock to any Express driver that's been running a 5 stop, 350+mi trailer for 15yrs to come into a situation where they're expected to run a 23 stop trailer that doesn't go 60mi.

Another factor I forgot.
Express uses a LOT of class B straight trucks for their heavyweight. A good deal of them are not even class A.

I know in NHS, and NAS the driver trainers were trainer Express a while back to pull doubles. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
60% of the time, I'm right every time.
Could well be.

Unlike in the past, one cannot just walk into a DMV office, pass a test or two, and walk out fully endorsed. You must have proof of training from an accredited "school" In order to make any upgrade.

So, there would need to be some training involved. Even if it's computer based training for HazMat, for example.

:popcorn:

What will happen will happen. No sense in worrying about it. They can and will do whatever they want. I seem to remember 7 years ago so many co-workers said the company signs the checks and we should take what we are given without question. Hopefully things will work out.