Central Transport | Chaos in Dallas

The person looking back at you in the mirror is the one you have to answer to every day. They actually did some good things today...And if they continue to try so will I........Nothing is perfect ....even baby steps goes along way for many including myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone is trying to force out Vitran drivers on purpose. I do know it was said to reevaluate ALL drivers and anyplace you may have more than needed, take the best. Regardless of whether it's a V or CT driver. I am also not sure there is a "good" plan for this. A company has to keep the drivers and customers all happy. I've thought about this long and hard since I went through the PJAX/Vitran debacle. If someone came to me tomorrow and said "Merge these 2, keep as many drivers as you can and as many customers as well and move the freight timely", I would prolly just scratch my head.

I don't know if anyone is trying to force out Vitran drivers on purpose. I do know it was said to reevaluate ALL drivers and anyplace you may have more than needed, take the best. Regardless of whether it's a V or CT driver. I am also not sure there is a "good" plan for this. A company has to keep the drivers and customers all happy. I've thought about this long and hard since I went through the PJAX/Vitran debacle. If someone came to me tomorrow and said "Merge these 2, keep as many drivers as you can and as many customers as well and move the freight timely", I would prolly just scratch my head.

Don't even compare the two. P-jax / Vitran was done with a lot more forethought. It took time. It was more of a merger than an acquisition. THIS is ridiculous. Case in point- wage disparity. P-jax got O.T. after 45 hours. Vitran got it after 40. How do you combine the two? Well they actually THOUGHT about it. Vitran LOST the five hours of O.T. but got a bump in pay so that they would make the SAME amount of money once they worked 45 hours. It worked out. I am not aware of anyone that took a huge pay cut. If anyone did, I would REALLY like to hear about it. How does the Central / Vitran "acquisition" handle it? -By taking away ten hours of O.T. from the Vitran guys (which screws them) AND letting the Vitran guys KEEP their higher wages (which screws the loyal Central drivers). In other words- THIS SCREWS EVERYBODY. I have absolutely no idea how a Central driver could even defend this... I have respect for ALL drivers (INCLUDING CENTRAL DRIVERS), but the company SUCKS.

I just want things to be fair across the board....Both CT and Vitran employees must make sacrifices....Not just Vitran...It appears special treatment is being given to CT employees...If things don't change soon I will break it down for all to see. All they need to do is be fair. When I see 2 CT guys running my old P&D route with just a couple of years seniority and I have been running that same route for 10 years that is not fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want things to be fair across the board....Both CT and Vitran employees must make sacrifices....Not just Vitran...It appears special treatment is being given to CT employees...If things don't change soon I will break it down for all to see. All they need to do is be fair. When I see 2 CT guys running my old P&D route with just a couple of years seniority and I have been running that same route for 10 years that is not fair.

Just remember this train, your TM used to be very high up on the ladder at vitran. So i gurentee you that he will do whatever it takes to get back up that ladder, he is a hot headed snake, that will bite at anytime. The man has no patience, and does not take crisisume lightly. (I dont think i even came close to spelling that right lol). And by the way, since i became a road driver, i have alot less stress. My only problem now is i gained 15 lbs. Lol

See... That's what I don't understand. CT pays less than every other major LTL carrier, and the first thing you say is. " Both CT and Vitran employees must make sacrifices....". Ummmm.... WHY? Do you assume that in order for a company to be successful, they have to pay the drivers crap wages? If that were the case, Central would already be a better carrier than they are. And, other companies would be failing. Check your premise.

See... That's what I don't understand. CT pays less than every other major LTL carrier, and the first thing you say is. " Both CT and Vitran employees must make sacrifices....". Ummmm.... WHY? Do you assume that in order for a company to be successful, they have to pay the drivers crap wages? If that were the case, Central would already be a better carrier than they are. And, other companies would be failing. Check your premise.

I think what RT means is we as Vitran drivers can't expect to walk in and take over like it was still Vitran, but we also shouldn't be expected to be treated like red-headed step children either.

Rob Stamper told us, that if 2 vitran drivers and 2 ct drivers running that same route it would stay that way. The vitran drivers would not be bumped. Must have been another feel good story to keep us happy.

I've been reading this thread and all the while going, "Yeah ... that's right ... been there ... truth!" I feel your pain RT. My husband was exactly like you. Started out really upbeat and positive, encouraging other drivers to hang-in-there, wait it out, good things may be down the road ... yadda yadda yadda! I've had to watch this man come home night after night with signs of it wearing him down. The lack of communication is appalling (laughed at the comment to go to a liason ... WHAT LIASON???) Every day he goes in it's a matter of 'will I even have a job'. This from a 20 year PJAX/Vitran guy. :shrug:

My husband feels the same way. He calls in and doesn't know if he'll even be running every night. Last week he didn't run 2 nights. One night he had already driven down there, and they sent him home (We live an hour away from the terminal). He is stressed out. He has worked at Vitran for 10 years.

My husband feels the same way. He calls in and doesn't know if he'll even be running every night. Last week he didn't run 2 nights. One night he had already driven down there, and they sent him home (We live an hour away from the terminal). He is stressed out. He has worked at Vitran for 10 years.

That's EXACTLY the way Central operates. ANYTHING goes wrong - drivers fault or not- YOU pay the bill. (But that's okay.... YOU HAVE A JOB. Oh, and that little check you get on Friday will cash... Right Mother Goose?)

*smdh*

Well I can't defend Vitran like some of u older drivers. This coming April would have been
5yrs for me at Vitran. And I haven't received pay respectable pay raise since ive been
here. Jus lies and broken promises. I heard how great vitran was, but I never seen it with my owns eyes. And u guys talk about how CT is treating us. Vitran treated the milan drivers worse. They had to start over completely. No seniority, no vacation. No bump in pay and they had to reply. So stop all the crying. Bc Vitran didnt give a s#/% about us.

Well I can't defend Vitran like some of u older drivers. This coming April would have been
5yrs for me at Vitran. And I haven't received pay respectable pay raise since ive been
here. Jus lies and broken promises. I heard how great vitran was, but I never seen it with my owns eyes. And u guys talk about how CT is treating us. Vitran treated the milan drivers worse. They had to start over completely. No seniority, no vacation. No bump in pay and they had to reply. So stop all the crying. Bc Vitran didnt give a s#/% about us.

I'm actually glad you said something about your experience. I waited for a pay raise during the freeze, but never experienced what you did. All I can promise is that Central will be worse. Stick it out. Let me know. If I'm wrong and you're compensated better at Central, I'll be man enough to apologize.
Let me let you in on a little secret.... I've been wrong before. I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm also very opinionated. I call a spade a spade... EVEN and ESPECIALLY to management. If they've lied- I'm not afraid to point it out. Right now in my hands I have papers with information for drivers from Central. They have opposite information on them. One says one thing- the other says exactly the opposite. You don't even need to take the word of another driver. Read it for yourself.
If you're just interested in seeing Vitran drivers suffer because you did- I wish you the best. Vitran drivers ARE getting screwed, especially the drivers who hung with them through the hard times. Guess what? Central is SCREWING their own loyal drivers as well. THAT is the kind of company they are. NO ETHICS WHATSOEVER.

Anyway... I'll be happy to apologize when you prove me wrong. ;-)

I'm actually glad you said something about your experience. I waited for a pay raise during the freeze, but never experienced what you did. All I can promise is that Central will be worse. Stick it out. Let me know. If I'm wrong and you're compensated better at Central, I'll be man enough to apologize.
Let me let you in on a little secret.... I've been wrong before. I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm also very opinionated. I call a spade a spade... EVEN and ESPECIALLY to management. If they've lied- I'm not afraid to point it out. Right now in my hands I have papers with information for drivers from Central. They have opposite information on them. One says one thing- the other says exactly the opposite. You don't even need to take the word of another driver. Read it for yourself.
If you're just interested in seeing Vitran drivers suffer because you did- I wish you the best. Vitran drivers ARE getting screwed, especially the drivers who hung with them through the hard times. Guess what? Central is SCREWING their own loyal drivers as well. THAT is the kind of company they are. NO ETHICS WHATSOEVER.

Anyway... I'll be happy to apologize when you prove me wrong. ;-)

Plz post what you have so we all can see what you are talking about. Otherwise it is just gossip.

I am not exactly sure how to post this, but I'm looking at a paper that says we will be covered by VITRAN insurance (Highmark), Delta, & vision) through the end of the year. I made appointments accordingly. Now I find out that's all being canceled on my last day at Vitran. You've all read it. Not to mention MOST of you already know you've been lied to. You may be choosing not to gripe about it as much as I am, (lol) but I really doubt any one of you could honestly say this is a straight-up deal.

Anyone.......??

.....Not to mention the "We will continue Chasing Greatness" and "We saved Vitran" and. "Vitran will continue to run as a separate company " and ....... REALLY?

Denial.... is a river in Egypt.

We work for bottom feeder express, management hates us, our customers hate us, we hate each other... What a great thing to be a part of, right? Seriously, what a crap-tastic situation we are in. I thought the PJAX-Vitran merge was rough... We merge Dec2 at LVL, almost none of us have been trained on the scanner, management admits they are failing us, and yet it'll be us that'll catch the heat and take blame for this debacle. I pray to be fired so this bumpy ride will end.

Good luck to us all..

I think what RT means is we as Vitran drivers can't expect to walk in and take over like it was still Vitran, but we also shouldn't be expected to be treated like red-headed step children either.
Exactly my point...It just appears they are playing favorites.

Now your are seeing what happens when you go from a corporate owned company to a private one. Matty is gonna do what he wants. Its happened 20years ago and his mo is still the same. Everyone that drank the kool aid at my terminal is now regretting,they didnt get out sooner. For most its too late. I got 6 months to go and they are gonna get just what this old fart is goin to give them. Not much talking with anyone I don't know. Have a lot of guys to give me heads up on certain stuff. Like I said before, this anlke can go bad any time, just push the wrong time. As far as Hartman is concerned, met, talked with him and wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him. Watch you back. It is a shame that after all the years, with bids both road and city we now come down to this. I thought I would of never seen this happen at Vitran. The merger of PJAX and V here took 3 years and all we wanted was a seniiority list to see where we fit. in. They bought them clowns of PIT in the last day to give us a peep talk and how glad they were tha twe were comming to their term. Following Monday it was like looking at a firing squad. We had to exert our self as a group that we would not loose our seniority. Now to this s***t hole and the mandatory 14 hours a day. Do the route and work the dock. Oh and at 6pm on Friday get a notice Saturday in a mandatory work day WTF? this is the worst, I said this is the worst Ltl company out there with their 55 hrs and s*** health care and 14 hours. I am counting the days. Oh,,, I told you so..