Yellow | Chicago Ridge 301 /300

This is just a generalization about Terminals. Most are contaminated, Kearny is sitting on toxic Chromium and other known Carcinogenics, high rate of Cancer in that facility. New Brunswick was contaminated with lead from all the batteries Big R buried through the years. When Big R bought the Oneida Carlstadt Terminal for 5 million, it took another million to clean the ground, before we turned the lights on.

My point is, any thing can be cleaned for a price. It all depends how badly someone wants the property. Maybe Penske wants to put a car lot there. Yellow Lancaster became a car lot.

ps. flywheel, good info until the airbag comment.

July 23rd. village meeting At Chicago Ridge:Unfinished Business--- Chairman Meslar also talked about another developer for the YRC
Business property located on Harlem Avenue which is why the continuance
has been asked for in today's public hearing.

So as of now it sounds like village board doesn't have a developer and if ground is bad then what's the chances of finding one. Who Knows !!!

S6kM9B7.jpg

DsepztT.jpg

By the looks of your avatar you could be the Home Plate Umpire
I received my umpire training here in the off season. It is now the home of the Ridge Sox.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS @ Village July meeting as quoted by their minutes...

Unfinished The Board had a discussion on tonight's meeting regarding YRC
Business and what the results can lead to.
Mail/Notes There was no Mail or Notes.
—' Public Mr. Thanos Makris a Realtor (non-resident) asked the Board and
Comment Attorney questions regarding the rest of the Harlem triangle area.
What properties are involved and why it seems like a lot of the
local businesses in that area are being sold. Also what the future
is holding for that area.

Also as you read the minutes you notice attorney for Penske present as well... So slice it as you wish,I see Allbag or Airbag already did.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us all. I stand corrected regarding the sale as finalized.

VILLAGE OF CHICAGO RIDGEPLANNING AND ZONING BOARD
10455 South Ridgeland Avenue, Chicago Ridge, Illinois 60415
MINUTES OF PUBLIC HEARING
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Roll Call The Public Hearing of the Village of Chicago Ridge Planning and
Zoning Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chairman Meslar.
On roll call by the Secretary, the following members were:
PRESENT: Chairman Meslar, Commissioners Zarnowski,
Fletcher, Stortz and McQuaid.
ABSENT: Commissioner Pratl and Salzer.
Public Chairman Meslar called this Public Hearing to order regarding the
Hearing rezoning of the following legally described property located at
10020 S. Harlem Avenue, 10301 S. Harlem Avenue and 10538
Southwest Highway from its current zoning classification of M-1
(Restricted Manufacturing District) to RMU (Regional Mixed-Use).
The Attorneys introduced themselves as: Attorney Mike Stillman
representing the Planning and Zoning Board of the Village of
Chicago Ridge, Attorney Patrick Brankin from Shane Banks
representingYRCand Donna Pugh representing Penske.
Attorney Stillman was sworn in by the Secretary and Chairman
Meslar informed them that this meeting was being recorded.
Attorney Stillman asked for a continuance for this meeting and asked
for it to be rescheduled for September 10, 2015. The explanation for
this continuance is due to development issues.See your point, but who's the one that started the war on police?
With the agreement of all 3 attorneys present the hearing will be
rescheduled. With no further questions, Commissioners Stortz
motioned and McQuaid seconded to continue the Public Hearing on
September 10, 2015. On roll call by the Secretary,the following
members voted:
AYE: Chariman Meslar, Commissioners Zamowski,
Close On voice vote all members present voted unanimously to close
Public this Public Hearing until September 10, 2015.
Hearing

This is just a generalization about Terminals. Most are contaminated, Kearny is sitting on toxic Chromium and other known Carcinogenics, high rate of Cancer in that facility. New Brunswick was contaminated with lead from all the batteries Big R buried through the years. When Big R bought the Oneida Carlstadt Terminal for 5 million, it took another million to clean the ground, before we turned the lights on.

My point is, any thing can be cleaned for a price. It all depends how badly someone wants the property. Maybe Penske wants to put a car lot there. Yellow Lancaster became a car lot.

When I started with Roadway in 1981 it was on a dock of chained together flatbed trailers. If something leaked, it didn't matter what is was, we moved it to the edge of the dock and let it drain.

And the former Yellow Maspeth, Queens terminal is now an Entenmann's Cookie/Cake distribution center. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

jaQBFuw.jpg

VILLAGE OF CHICAGO RIDGEPLANNING AND ZONING BOARD
10455 South Ridgeland Avenue, Chicago Ridge, Illinois 60415
MINUTES OF PUBLIC HEARING
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Roll Call The Public Hearing of the Village of Chicago Ridge Planning and
Zoning Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m. by Chairman Meslar.
On roll call by the Secretary, the following members were:
PRESENT: Chairman Meslar, Commissioners Zarnowski,
ABSENT: Commissioner Pratl and Salzer.
Public Chairman Meslar called this Public Hearing to order regarding the
Hearing rezoning of the following legally described property located at
10020 S. Harlem Avenue, 10301 S. Harlem Avenue and 10538
Southwest Highway from its current zoning classification of M-1
(Restricted Manufacturing District) to RMU (Regional Mixed-Use).
The Attorneys introduced themselves as: Attorney Mike Stillman
representing the Planning and Zoning Board of the Village of
Chicago Ridge, Attorney Patrick Brankin from Shane Banks
representingYRCand Donna Pugh representing Penske.
Attorney Stillman was sworn in by the Secretary and Chairman
Meslar informed them that this meeting was being recorded.
Attorney Stillman asked for a continuance for this meeting and asked
for it to be rescheduled for September 10, 2015. The explanation for
this continuance is due to development issues.
With the agreement of all 3 attorneys present the hearing will be
rescheduled. With no further questions, Commissioners Stortz
motioned and McQuaid seconded to continue the Public Hearing on
September 10, 2015. On roll call by the Secretary,the following
members voted:
AYE: Chariman Meslar, Commissioners Zamowski,
Close On voice vote all members present voted unanimously to close
Public this Public Hearing until September 10, 2015.
Hearing
Rescheduled for September 10, 2015. This an open meeting to all concerned . Whats to stop who ever wants to make a point as to the future of CGB . Some are confused to as does YRC still own the property ? YRC still is paying for security 24/7 . Now if they sold the property why would they pay all that expense for a new owner ? I would suggest that all those who live close the terminal to go to that meeting on Sept 10th .at 7:30.

And the former Yellow Maspeth, Queens terminal is now an Entenmann's Cookie/Cake distribution center. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

jaQBFuw.jpg
Yes, Bimbo Bread. They took that down to the steel and concrete. And started fresh. New dock, doors, roof (:hide:), offices, paved the entire yard, new fence, side walks and shrubbery. I heard 10 million from the local Boys.

Rescheduled for September 10, 2015. This an open meeting to all concerned . Whats to stop who ever wants to make a point as to the future of CGB . Some are confused to as does YRC still own the property ? YRC still is paying for security 24/7 . Now if they sold the property why would they pay all that expense for a new owner ? I would suggest that all those who live close the terminal to go to that meeting on Sept 10th .at 7:30.

Thank you Pup Driver. I couldn't figure what the "war on police" comment was doing in the body of the quote in your previous post. :1036316054:

Yes, Bimbo Bread. They took that down to the steel and concrete. And started fresh. New dock, doors, roof (:hide:), offices, paved the entire yard, new fence, side walks and shrubbery. I heard 10 million from the local Boys.

Better not let that "new roof" comment get out. You know what that could start on here! :lmao:

When I started with Roadway in 1981 it was on a dock of chained together flatbed trailers. If something leaked, it didn't matter what is was, we moved it to the edge of the dock and let it drain.

Kind of like Maislin's old terminal in East Rutherford on which the Meadowlands Sports Complex is now located. Swampy area with who knows what buried in the muck there. Many still feel it's the final resting place of our late Teamster leader.

Kind of like Maislin's old terminal in East Rutherford on which the Meadowlands Sports Complex is now located. Swampy area with who knows what buried in the muck there. Many still feel it's the final resting place of our late Teamster leader.
One rumor was that Jimmy departed southeastern Michigan in a Gateway Transportation trailer, inside a 55 gallon drum.

I once read that he was transported to NJ. on a Gateway Line Haul. Weren't they in Jersey City on Tonnelle Av.
I see mud beat me to it. Yup, that was the rumor going round.

I knew a Bimbo back when I was younger. She couldn't bake but she sure cooked. :hide: