Yellow | Chicago

I replied once to your question but I was only estimating.
As of 01/03/10 the last road driver working is #534 (out of a total of 893) his date of hire was 09/06/02. I was pretty close 349 laid off, my guess was 350! Maybe in the 2nd quarter we will have regained enough business to recall some drivers.:shrug:
Thanks Albag......one more thing.......
Are they still running sleepers out of 309?

Thanks Albag......one more thing.......
Are they still running sleepers out of 309?

Yes we still run teams out of the Heights. No where near the number as when it was Big R. Not sure how many though, under 90 no doubt.

Casual Dock Worker (Bolingbrook) - YRC – 090001181

Apply Online

Description

A casual works on an as-needed, on-call basis with no set schedule nor a guarantee of hours.

The primary function of a Dock Worker is to efficiently sort, handle, and load freight into and unload it from over-the-road equipment, containers, city trailers and/or straight trucks in accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal and state regulations.

Qualifications
Ability to work various shifts and days of the week.
Ability to record applicable freight information on bill of lading.
Ability to match information on freight bill with description on bill of lading.
Preferred Qualifications
Experience in the transportation industry.
Experience operating a forklift.

YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Casual, does that mean I could wear cut-offs.:biglaugh:
Seriously you guys have enough work there to hire full time.
Quick somebody get some WD40 Andy is squeaking.:biglaugh:
I would suggest another type of lubricant but this is a family forum.:biglaugh:

The drivers that are applying, can't exceed more than weighing 250lbs. Can't smoke and they do ask for religous back grounds. It is also a plus that if the drivers are bilingual.

Did anyone notice over the last couple weeks no mention of the situation in Chicago ???
What do you want to hear that they sold a terminal, or they moved all the work to another area, or that all of the workers will end tail to terminals were they will all be but on layoff??? Any of these things may happen. I hope it dosen't.

The drivers that are applying, can't exceed more than weighing 250lbs. Can't smoke and they do ask for religous back grounds. It is also a plus that if the drivers are bilingual.

They can't use casuals unless everyone on the list is working under the NMFA

Being called a knucklehead is the mother of all insults. I admire any who can pull off a win based on a strong position. But last I heard you are only getting the 5%. The pension payments will have to be settled in a court. The other thing is the consequences of the no win is not good. Chicago Ridge shuttered and major work arounds can't be considered a victory

That was obvious. Why have 2 break-bulk terminals in Chicago? Chicago Heights/309 is still here.

Any 1 who thinks that this it over better wake up . $bill is just reloading and with his deputies jr and tj the bull will hit the fan sooner or later .
THEY ARE THE KIND TOO CUT OFF THEIR NOSES TO SPITE THEIR FACE

They have a lot of guys laid off at 304, you need 17yrs. to be working now, dont know how many are left. Will they move work to 316, they moved some already and I heard there could be a lot more, will wait and see.

Isn't that discrimination? And if that's true someone get a copy of the application.

You hit it with that one, this is still going to be a painfull year, they better start getting the frt. back that was lost,but if not they can and still will lay people off and you can bet more terminal closings are on the way! I wonder when lay offs will come at our local? Too many BA'S for the amount of teamsters working!

IBT Tells YRC Members that the Plan Is Working | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

January 8, 2010: The International Union held a YRC members conference call yesterday to congratulate themselves and to thank members for their sacrifices to keep YRC rolling. IBT Freight Director Tyson Johnson also stated that he expects Chicago Teamsters to take a 5% pay cut by February 1.
The rumor in Chicago is that another vote is coming soon. It will be the third vote on the same concessions for Local 705 and the fourth for Local 710 members.

In response to a question, Freight Director Tyson Johnson said he expects YRC to meet its commitment to resume paying members’ pension contributions at the end of 2010. That will be about $300 per week per member, or about $500 million in 2011.

"In response to a question, Freight Director Tyson Johnson said he expects YRC to meet its commitment to resume paying members’ pension contributions at the end of 2010. That will be about $300 per week per member, or about $500 million in 2011."
believe that when i see it.

spose to have repositioning 1-17 was told 3800bills on hand by foreman at 7pm sun as he tried to get overtime 4 hrs offered on both ends called 27 laid off to work this week to try to get caught up so we can layoff more when and if this repositioing takes place