Holland | City Driver's Running out of Hours !

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Is this happening at any other barn's too , where the city Driver's are running out of hours by Friday noon ?? company is really spinning out of control lately !!:nightmare:

Yes ever day. We have drivers work over their 14 just to get the next day off. What happened to covering your bid time? Our managing team is clueless.

I call it each supervisor covering their own ass. Drivers come in at night and work the dock or hook up outbound loads. O/b supervisors not keeping up with who's working and where their working. And what's so bad if the drivers didn't stay cut times would be midnight instead of 9:30. Bad cycle going on down here. RAISE THE PAY DUMBASSES AND YOULL GET SOME HELP!

On a good note, engineer team from Holland did a complete makeover of our terminal. Changed dock doors all around. Put 7 city tractors and 20 trailers back into our pool
That's not bad....at our barn the dispatchers supervisors and TM don't show up on Friday....not sure if they ran themselves out of hours or not? :D
Between UE's, FMLA and the forgotten contractual earned days off, this barn has become a business nightmare. It's funny back in the day we used to bust the sales reps balls about not getting the freight. Now I here the reps asking management how they are to grow the business if you can't get drivers to work. Wow how the shoe is on the other foot.

Just got word that another driver quit yesterday. That's a total of three drivers in two weeks, that new hiring program is working great....better put some more posters on the drivers room wall. By the way that's just road drivers I don't know if any city guys have left.

Just got word that another driver quit yesterday. That's a total of three drivers in two weeks, that new hiring program is working great....better put some more posters on the drivers room wall. By the way that's just road drivers I don't know if any city guys have left.
Since Jan. 2016 we have had 6 city Driver's Quit and One new hire , but good news is they have added more trap trailer's for freight we can't delivery with Driver shortage !

In Milwaukee city, Since Jan we have had 4 retire, 4 quit, and currently have 4 discharges waiting hearings. There are probably about 35 that can go anytime they are ready. And now we are about to enter work comp season. We are literally hiring anyone with a pulse.[/QUOTE. Discharges for what? They never stick down here.

Yes ever day. We have drivers work over their 14 just to get the next day off. What happened to covering your bid time? Our managing team is clueless.
I thought if you go over 14 hours & one minute that counts as your 16 hour day and cant do it again for 7 more days?

Since Jan. 2016 we have had 6 city Driver's Quit and One new hire , but good news is they have added more trap trailer's for freight we can't delivery with Driver shortage !
Sorry to disagree partner, but please do not say driver shortage, when it has always been a pay and benefit shortage, for all carriers. It is like they said in Field of Dreams. If you pay them, they will come....

Sorry to disagree partner, but please do not say driver shortage, when it has always been a pay and benefit shortage, for all carriers. It is like they said in Field of Dreams. If you pay them, they will come....
You are both right. There IS a driver shortage for some companies.......because of their sub-standard pay and benefits package.
:grouphug:

Yes your are correct partner , pay them and they will come !! "SHOW ME THE MONEY" as Jamie would say !!!