Yellow | Closed Terminals still being staffed ?

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
So heard a rumor that the closed terminals are still being staffed by managers & office people ?? Thought they filed bankruptcy with no money left for payroll ??

So heard a rumor that the closed terminals are still being staffed by managers & office people ?? Thought they filed bankruptcy with no money left for payroll ??
Wong, have you been hiding under a rock?? Yes, every or nearly every terminal has been staffed by management personnel since July 30th. They have been doing bargaining unit work, dispensing remaining freight to other carriers and contract truckload carriers. They received permission from the Bankruptcy Court to pay them from the debtor-in-possession financing that was obtained early in the bankruptcy proceedings. There were about 1,600 of them across the country; it's down to less than 1,000 now.
Now, since every unionized employee received Notice of Permanent Layoff and Consequent Termination, unless you filed a notice with the bankruptcy administrator (Epiq) protesting your termination in a timely manner, you can't do much about it. For those who did file a protest, a runaround grievance is the next step. I am one of those who did both; don't know how many more there are.

Wong, have you been hiding under a rock?? Yes, every or nearly every terminal has been staffed by management personnel since July 30th. They have been doing bargaining unit work, dispensing remaining freight to other carriers and contract truckload carriers. They received permission from the Bankruptcy Court to pay them from the debtor-in-possession financing that was obtained early in the bankruptcy proceedings. There were about 1,600 of them across the country; it's down to less than 1,000 now.
Now, since every unionized employee received Notice of Permanent Layoff and Consequent Termination, unless you filed a notice with the bankruptcy administrator (Epiq) protesting your termination in a timely manner, you can't do much about it. For those who did file a protest, a runaround grievance is the next step. I am one of those who did both; don't know how many more there are.
Well I do live in a man cave , so guess kinda under a Rock ?? But point is they have money to pay them , but no money to pay drivers back vacation pay ??
Saoirse Ronan Hello GIF by Focus Features

Well I do live in a man cave , so guess kinda under a Rock ?? But point is they have money to pay them , but no money to pay drivers back vacation pay ??
Saoirse Ronan Hello GIF by Focus Features
The amount of vacation pay due is many times the amount of salary these folks are getting. Consider the vacation pay due (in excess of $90 million) versus the salaries (about $3.5 million/week to begin with, and less now)

I don’t recall reading a post on here where you shared/advised your fellow Teamster to protest the layoff/termination. Glad you were able to get yours in.

I don’t recall reading a post on here where you shared/advised your fellow Teamster to protest the layoff/termination. Glad you were able to get yours in.
Roll, I'm not at all certain that my actions will "bear fruit", but not doing these things has a very predictable outcome.

The amount of vacation pay due is many times the amount of salary these folks are getting. Consider the vacation pay due (in excess of $90 million) versus the salaries (about $3.5 million/week to begin with, and less now)
Again they always got money for upper management , but none for the Drivers ??? Just like back when we gave them -15% yellow stepchild support , then they gave themselves Bonuses and nobody in upper management gave back -15% neither ??:horseshit:

Dude, let it go. SOB killed it, it's over, move on. You aren't going to get anything more, the corpse is rotting.

Went past Carlisle, Pa on the Pa Pike this morning. Looks like a lot more trailers than a few weeks ago. Jockey truck was moving. Shop open, several cars. Guessing just getting ready for the auction

Get real, of course he put the final nail(s) in the coffin. Lots of blame to go around definitely including him.
Have you seen the proof of claim list, Yellow owed a lot towards unsecured debt. IMO, it seems not only we’re the Teamsters going on strike, a lot of their vendors cut them off (strike), and other vendors weren’t running to fill those gaps. The word on the street was the Yellow was broke, Hawkins admitted himself.