Holland | Closing of Terminals

Dangit Flattop if you gonna argue something don't use Mngt 101. "If you don't like it leave" I hate that and it's beneath a Teamster.:argue: At least tell us you think your smater than the rest of us but don't resort to cheep shots like the boss does.:smilie_132:

Oh man, don't go putting me in managements class. I don't want anyone to leave. I just don't understand why anyone would want to pay to be in an organization that's as bad as some people here make it out be. If it's really as crooked and corrupt as some think it is. On that same note, why send in your ballot if you already know the outcome is determined for you.

Oh man, don't go putting me in managements class. I don't want anyone to leave. I just don't understand why anyone would want to pay to be in an organization that's as bad as some people here make it out be. If it's really as crooked and corrupt as some think it is. On that same note, why send in your ballot if you already know the outcome is determined for you.
:hysterical::biglaugh: And if I did'nt send in my ballot you would tell me I had to no right to beetch. Nope if your gonna act like I'm stupid you will at least have to get original about it cuz I've heard all these things before. Gonna pay my dues and vote and not gonna quit just to make sure you have someone to argue with :Duel::thumbsup:

:hysterical: Thats funny but I WILL find out if I am on the road and I hear an annoucement that I am out of a job. Me and Mr. Zollars will have a heart to heart all the way home. And I will most likely have 3 hots and a cot when I get there too. Damn, it makes me mad to watch someone do what they do.
Here I will throw in my 2 cents. "Honest days work for an honest days pay.." Work hard, be proud of your work, company, and the teamsters. The customers notice, whether you think so or not. I was in PI the other day and a city driver was remarking how a customer questioned if we have a class to send the drivers to because we are always so nice and friendly. He wondered what they did with the grumpy ones. Linehaul drivers dont have to deal with the customers but negativity breeds negativity. Get a group of road drivers bad mouthing everything and geuss who is putting on there coveralls in the break room listening to it right before they hit a dock that is -20. You know it. the city man. As far as the customer is concerned he IS the company. You think they will ever see Mr. Zollars? NO! Think about it guys! Just something that ran through My little brain last night while counting milemarkers. :hide:
Your right Shoeman. We (GY CITY) hear that stuff while we are getting dressed every night. I can only speak for myself, but I have learned to turn the negativity off in front of the customers. I feel that is very important, but, I also think that many of our guys can't. I hear of the negative comments occasionally from customers but I think most of us keep our issues in house. We do have alot of negative things to discuss, but we shouldn't be doing it in front of the customers. Keep it in house. We have enough problems keeping customers! :hide:

They can't close a terminal and then pickup and deliver that freight in the area of the closure using a non-union subsidiary of the NMFA company. I would call my BA and ask what protections you have. It's kind of like when Yellow shut down Preston, it's just a bad deal all around. I think they are violating the 60 day notice law, you may be intitled to something under that. There is all kind of dirty stuff happening with this. It looks like they are trying to get around some new languge gains in the 2008 NMFA, the IBT should be extremmely hot about that. I haven't read any of their statements yet. Good Luck.
As a former Preston driver I can vouch for that
The WARN ACT states that you must give employees notice before closing, if not, they are entitled to 30 days pay plus any un used vacation/ personal days.
It took about 2 yrs but I recieved about $5600.
Also unlike a bankruptcy, employees in this situation DO NOT go to the bottom of the list and settle for pennies on the dollar.
Good Luck to all of thos invloved, the way I understand this y'all will have preferential status in any hiring @ any other TRC companies. Worst case you may want to check the YRC website as far as openings
I know in KC last fall they had a huge billboard on I-70 advertising for Team drivers.
Again best to everyone involved, I know it stinks but you will get through it.
Take Care
Be Safe

Man you act like negativity is a bad thing. I think theres something wrong with people who see silver linings all over the place. :hysterical: Seriously, the vote is all but over and now we will have to find something else to argue about. :smilie_132:
Wolf,
I don't really see a silver lining in all these matters. I'm not blind either. The thing is that I myself see no reason, for me, to get all worked up over the way some things happen when there isn't a thing I can really do about it. I know everybody doesn't deal with info in the same way. To me there's enough stuff to get stressed out in life about without fishing for more. But that's just the way I look at it.

Thanks for the concern guys.
Personally, I will be OK. We all know that driving jobs are a dime a dozen. They just don’t compare to a NMFA company. To bad there are only a couple left to go to. My concern is with my friends who lost their jobs.
A lot of good men were thrown to the wolves today and I wish them the best.

I was told that YRC is going to evaluate every USF terminal and any of them that operate in the red will close. Hope what’s left can stay afloat. I just don’t think they are quite finished destroying peoples lives. I Hope I’m wrong.

I hope your wrong too. Murph. I have been there, with USF Dugan then USF Bestway. Funny how the big YRC Monster can take a line that has made money for years and Adjust the numbers for a few months,then say oh your losing money...We need to close you. (Kinda looking like the old buy up the competion and eliminate it to me)

Good luck to everyone that is loosing their job. Trust me I know how it feels.:nutkick:

I think that the WARN Act only applies to terminals with 50 or more employees.[/Q
That 50 count includes all people in the term.including dispatchers sales and even the terminal mgr. We had a pretty good lawyer with the fiasco at Redstar and it will take about two years to settle If anyone wants his name you can PM me and I will get you the info...

I worked for Viking East Coast and when they closed us the WARN act applied at our terminal. All employees were paid for 60 days after closure. You had to be available to work for them if called within the 60 days. I had to run to pick up drivers who were bringing equipment to consolidation areas. I got my money!

Holland Closing

Let Me Say I Was At The Mobile, Al Terminal. The Problem Is Not That We Were Not Making Money. We Were Till They Changed Our Line Haul Cost. We Went From 90 To 138 Overnight. Then Came Yrc. Changed Our Discounts And Put The Freight On Roadway And Yellow. They Can Haul It For The Same Price We Were But We Could Not Make Money. Think About That. We Were Also Told By The Person Who Came Down From Corp. To Close Us The North East Is Next. Take A Look At The Heartland Map 6 States Thats Whats It's Going To Be Very Soon. Everybody Look Out!!!

if you look at where usf has terminals in P.A you will find there are 8- i beleive.if i was looking at a current map.. isnt that new penn territory? idont have a good feeling about that.. P.S NEW PENN you better hope the yrc thinktank doesnt come knocking on your door and tell you how to do things like they did holland...

if you look at where usf has terminals in P.A you will find there are 8- i beleive.if i was looking at a current map.. isnt that new penn territory? idont have a good feeling about that.. P.S NEW PENN you better hope the yrc thinktank doesnt come knocking on your door and tell you how to do things like they did holland...

holland barn is like 3 miles away from new penn in philly new penn is in jersey right accross the betsy ross bridge.

what makes you think that yrc doesn't tell New Penn how to operate?

They already do. Not total hands on but a lot of decisions are made by YRC. IE: Accident investigations, Determining lay offs, Workmans comp. cases, Hours of service, ect. ect. ect..

good point justice,i just was thinking np was doing a little to well for yrc to be to heavily involved in there operation..