Estes | company info

Isn't estes-fr8 the one hill[billy frog asked a question and he has refused to answer:chairshot: Just like management,:hysterical: :hysterical: when they can't think of an answer they will ignore the question

truckinjesus dont you see hillbilly frog allows you to be here. stop pokin and start makin good posts. it's easy to attack. i did it. i had to stand back and realize we all want the same out come. some of us wanna go different routes.we all wanna go to the same place

truckinjesus dont you see hillbilly frog allows you to be here. stop pokin and start makin good posts. it's easy to attack. i did it. i had to stand back and realize we all want the same out come. some of us wanna go different routes.we all wanna go to the same place
your a good man beerboy. And you are still an employee of Estes which makes everything you say in here worth my time to read...so crack another beer, sit back, and watch the game with me :)

your a good man beerboy. And you are still an employee of Estes which makes everything you say in here worth my time to read...so crack another beer, sit back, and watch the game with me :)
I guess you think no one except people that work at Estes are worth anything?
You certainly give this impression by your post. You must really lead a secluded life.

I do, I'm kind of a hermit. It's sad but hey it works for me. At least I got my beer to keep me company. As I sated before most posters in here are ex employees with an axe to grind, but it's good to know we have others like beerboy in here. No need to take it to heart frog :)

Beerboy, I must say. that was right on the mark. This industry has been cut throat for way too long. It is time for a level playing field. Deregulation opened up a pandora's box. Rates dropped from the sky like an anvil from wiley coyote. This cut throat rate war has made our city streets, freeways a very dangerous place to travel. It is time to screen drivers the way they used to do. And to set the freight rates at a level as to support top pay and benefits. This will lure young men and women into our industry and keep them here. You are correct in that we all want the best for our fellow employees in this great industry we call TRUCKING! Elvis out.....:funky: :1036316054:

need to quit giving out those damn 80% disc with fak 70 up to class 250! I know we try to not play the rate game too much, but in this market with carriers like usf, and others and their insane discounts it makes it tough!

I do, I'm kind of a hermit. It's sad but hey it works for me. At least I got my beer to keep me company. As I sated before most posters in here are ex employees with an axe to grind, but it's good to know we have others like beerboy in here. No need to take it to heart frog :)

HOW SAD TO BE A HERMIT!

:hysterical: yeah right! As far as banning me, well if you feel that is what you must do to let the bashing go unchallenged on here then so be it. btw Estands4Evil refering to an eariler post?

so did you get to do it or did you do as I predicted?

I wasn't even graced with their presence. Which i could really care less, I'm just going to do my time until this lack-luster economy decides to pick-up and move on. It's apparent to me just from alot of the attitudes around 024 that people really don't care what they are or are not compensated for. There are a few of us that do in fact care and then there is the majority that are just happy to have a job and to warm their noses in managements butt. That's not me, so instead of worrying about people that could really care less, I'm just going to shut up and move on. I'm thinking that somewhere out there I'll be able to find people that care about the job they do, care about being compensated, and care about their fellow employees. Probably a fading reality.

I wasn't even graced with their presence. Which i could really care less, I'm just going to do my time until this lack-luster economy decides to pick-up and move on. It's apparent to me just from alot of the attitudes around 024 that people really don't care what they are or are not compensated for. There are a few of us that do in fact care and then there is the majority that are just happy to have a job and to warm their noses in managements butt. That's not me, so instead of worrying about people that could really care less, I'm just going to shut up and move on. I'm thinking that somewhere out there I'll be able to find people that care about the job they do, care about being compensated, and care about their fellow employees. Probably a fading reality.

this guy right here is all talk ya'll. if ya say ya gonna speak your mind, then speak ya mind. don't bring all dat union talk and then back down brother, you gotta speak up or they ain't gonna listen.

estes is just as good a company as the rest.only the ones that want something for nothing are the ones that raise cain.just do your job and quit worrying about other peoples business and u will be fine..rob needs all the income he can get to keep this co running.it takes more than u expect.greedy people get what they deserve in the end.be satisified with a healthy income and benefits.a lot of people have a lot less...go on strike and see what you get.or better yet,join a union and let them control your life for you.u have no say so what so ever.no matter what you think... let em smoke u .............come back!!!!!!:smilie_132:
I appreciate your opinion, but the opinions of those who prefer to get paid for the time and duties they perform are just as important.

You may be complacent in your position, but for those who see the writing on the walls about this company's direction, keep up your efforts to reform this sorry excuse for a leader we have here at Estes.

Reform doesn't have to mean Union, but if that's what it takes, then so be it.

And for those of you who say just quit if you don't like it here, you have no sense of responsibility. Just because problems arise and you want to try and correct them doesn't make you a traitor. Trying to get the leadership here to wake up to their college boy mentality and put down the beers and pot to pay attention to their problems is the best thing to do. To not do so would be the wrong thing to do. I am not a deserter, I will fight for what's right.

Or, would you just rather have everyone that disagrees with their position leave the big E. Damn I remember Barby Streisand and the others promising to leave our lands if Bush was elected, then the same promise if he was re-elected. Their still here damnit. Now those are traitors.

I will not be a liberal minded traitor or a deserter. I will stay and fight. Now, you stay...call us whatever you like, but at least we recognize problems and want to try and fix them from within, not lay down and take the continued downfall our leadership consistently pushes on us.

Pay no mind to robsnightmare. I am an ex GI employee, now a proud Estes employee. He couldnt hang with Estes so he split and went to ABF. He is just a disgruntled ex employee who has nothing better to do than to sit on here and try to stir up the ranks at estes for no reason other than serving his own selfish agenda. And really when you look at it, he has a reason to want to see our company fail seeing as how he works for a competitor that is in financial trouble already. And poor old Elvis is also in the same boat, however he didnt have enough qualifications to get hired on a union carrier. Gotta love it, we should feel flattered that they pay us so much mind. As for Estandsforevil, he wont answer the question that was asked because im sure he is a big man on the keyboard, but a scared puppy dog in person. Gotta love it. Be careful what you say on here though, the moderators of these boards are predominantly pro union, so they will delete your post if they dont like it. When you throw facts at them, before they can respons they have to round up a posse of moderators to jump on you too. Glad to see you posting Harleyrider. Truck easy and safe.

Seacrest Out
For your reading abilities, look to the weekend coupons in the paper...JC Penneys has eyeglasses on sale 2 for 149.95.

As for moderators...after you get the glasses, read the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Have you seen Elvis behind the wheel of his new truck? I haven't either, but I sure know you haven't either. Soooooo, maybe you're comment about his employment was a knee jerk reaction?

As for robsnightmare and estandsforevil, good to see you have opinions about everyone else that disagrees with you.

So now that you've got your hatred and not truth spew out of your system, any ideas on improving this place?

Have you paid attention to the news from YRC, UPS, FedEx? Seems all three have had their meetings referring to their competition. Big E has fallen off their radar as competition. Hmmm, guess all the plans our college educated leaders and our top dog owner that wants to **** his workers of what their due just may be on the wrong track.

this guy right here is all talk ya'll. if ya say ya gonna speak your mind, then speak ya mind. don't bring all dat union talk and then back down brother, you gotta speak up or they ain't gonna listen.

Well, im not sure 5 guys out of the 200+ we have in 024 is going to get us that 50+1 vote we need. We've all just kinda figured that we'll just take our services else-where when that time comes.

For your reading abilities, look to the weekend coupons in the paper...JC Penneys has eyeglasses on sale 2 for 149.95.

As for moderators...after you get the glasses, read the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Have you seen Elvis behind the wheel of his new truck? I haven't either, but I sure know you haven't either. Soooooo, maybe you're comment about his employment was a knee jerk reaction?

As for robsnightmare and estandsforevil, good to see you have opinions about everyone else that disagrees with you.

So now that you've got your hatred and not truth spew out of your system, any ideas on improving this place?

Have you paid attention to the news from YRC, UPS, FedEx? Seems all three have had their meetings referring to their competition. Big E has fallen off their radar as competition. Hmmm, guess all the plans our college educated leaders and our top dog owner that wants to **** his workers of what their due just may be on the wrong track.

Considering that we're at least 10 to 15 years behind our competition in technology. That'd be the first place I'd start. Knowing what each individual bill consists of and knowing exactly where it's at, at any given time in the system. Being able to have some sort of inbound/outbound planning. As it stands right now, unless someone actually takes the time to read through all of the inbound manifests, we'd would never know that we have enough freight to fill a trailer that we would normally just send through another break. Being able to build a solid load through WMX or MEM. All that'd have to be done is, a break and a re-hook on that pup. Technology would also help reduce the amount of misloads. Freight being sent to wrong terminals, or the co-mingling of hazmat classes that shouldn't be loaded together. It'd also help prevent over-loading. Taking away a lot of our inefficiences would be a great way to not have to pay 1 guy for doing something that should have never happened in the first place, allowing them to actually pay a driver to sit and wait on his load or his set.

Next thing I'd do is start trying to ween ourselves off all this horrible HD freight. We need to decide as a freight system if we want to be HD's private in house carrier or we want to be a national Ltl carrier. I'm not saying get rid of the HD freight, its about the only thing keeping us afloat right now, but building on that freight, to make sure you guys aren't pulling empty sets up and down the highway all night.

I'm not a driver but I do appreciate one thing that Estes does for as many as they can and thats to provide you with a set schedule. I'm not sure how it works at many of the big places (yellow, Roadway, Abf.) I'm assuming they all have call boards for dock/road/city, and we don't have that here. All the dock guys have a set start and end time, and don't have to sit around a phone and not be able to plan anything. But not having that sort of system it seems sometimes backfires, you'll have 10 guys on the dock with nothing to do, besides push a broom. When you could call them in when there is freight that needs moved. Drivers that have a set run and all they're going to do is pull a set of empties in and leaving with a set of empties out. When there might be freight available to go somewhere else but not back where they came from. Instead of having to take whats available. It just seems like the company's willingness to pay for someone to do nothing should be their willingness to pay OT after 40 or to pay drivers for time spent on the clock but not driving.

I've got a lot of ideas on this crap and I'm interested in hearing anyone else's take on stuff.