Estes | company info

Considering that we're at least 10 to 15 years behind our competition in technology. That'd be the first place I'd start. Knowing what each individual bill consists of and knowing exactly where it's at, at any given time in the system. Being able to have some sort of inbound/outbound planning. As it stands right now, unless someone actually takes the time to read through all of the inbound manifests, we'd would never know that we have enough freight to fill a trailer that we would normally just send through another break. Being able to build a solid load through WMX or MEM. All that'd have to be done is, a break and a re-hook on that pup. Technology would also help reduce the amount of misloads. Freight being sent to wrong terminals, or the co-mingling of hazmat classes that shouldn't be loaded together. It'd also help prevent over-loading. Taking away a lot of our inefficiences would be a great way to not have to pay 1 guy for doing something that should have never happened in the first place, allowing them to actually pay a driver to sit and wait on his load or his set.

Next thing I'd do is start trying to ween ourselves off all this horrible HD freight. We need to decide as a freight system if we want to be HD's private in house carrier or we want to be a national Ltl carrier. I'm not saying get rid of the HD freight, its about the only thing keeping us afloat right now, but building on that freight, to make sure you guys aren't pulling empty sets up and down the highway all night.

I'm not a driver but I do appreciate one thing that Estes does for as many as they can and thats to provide you with a set schedule. I'm not sure how it works at many of the big places (yellow, Roadway, Abf.) I'm assuming they all have call boards for dock/road/city, and we don't have that here. All the dock guys have a set start and end time, and don't have to sit around a phone and not be able to plan anything. But not having that sort of system it seems sometimes backfires, you'll have 10 guys on the dock with nothing to do, besides push a broom. When you could call them in when there is freight that needs moved. Drivers that have a set run and all they're going to do is pull a set of empties in and leaving with a set of empties out. When there might be freight available to go somewhere else but not back where they came from. Instead of having to take whats available. It just seems like the company's willingness to pay for someone to do nothing should be their willingness to pay OT after 40 or to pay drivers for time spent on the clock but not driving.

I've got a lot of ideas on this crap and I'm interested in hearing anyone else's take on stuff.

WOW i agree :D, someone get Elvis a stool he is gunna fall down :D LOL.

as far as not having the technology taht we should, the examples you gave , what i see is someone not doing thier job. is it not someones job to check the IB/OB reports???

yes we have problems, aka growing pains, Estes wants to do things thier way, GI, eeerrr i mean Estes west, wants to do things thier way. someone needs to step up and say we are doing it THIS WAY!!!! we will never become compition to the other ltl companys if all we doing is fight against the east and the west.

what we need is accountibility!!! at all levels, from the dock boy to Rob himself. if you screw up be responsible and admit it. and take some friken advice, or at least humor someone and listen.

and yes this is still me eventhough it doesnt sound like it :D, and i still want to smack the living SH*T out of them stupid people that voted for annual bids useing linehaul senority. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!! and no i dont want to hear all the BS about CRAP!!! one day soon you all will be in the shoes i am wearing and then and only then will you realize your stupidity

as far as not having the technology taht we should, the examples you gave , what i see is someone not doing thier job. is it not someones job to check the IB/OB reports???

yes we have problems, aka growing pains, Estes wants to do things thier way, GI, eeerrr i mean Estes west, wants to do things thier way. someone needs to step up and say we are doing it THIS WAY!!!! we will never become compition to the other ltl companys if all we doing is fight against the east and the west.

what we need is accountibility!!! at all levels, from the dock boy to Rob himself. if you screw up be responsible and admit it. and take some friken advice, or at least humor someone and listen.

and yes this is still me eventhough it doesnt sound like it :D, and i still want to smack the living SH*T out of them stupid people that voted for annual bids useing linehaul senority. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!! and no i dont want to hear all the BS about CRAP!!! one day soon you all will be in the shoes i am wearing and then and only then will you realize your stupidity
Why did you get outbid by someone with more seniority.that's the way it should be and when you gain enough seniority you will understand and be grateful it is this way.You see I have been in your shoes and I know it can suck but am glad that I stuck it out and for the most part don't have to deal with those issues

I have no idea about who's job it is to read the IB/OB reports. I just know that we can't plan ahead enough most of the time to take swift action once a problem arrises. As for you statement about accountability, I couldn't agree more. There really is no system of accountability here @ Estes. Most guys just think well hey it came from point A all crushed and torn, we'll just go ahead and send on to point C that way. Writing things up damaged really only does 1 thing and that passes the claim back to the terminal that either did it or failed to write it up in the process. You see the same horrible loading from the same terminals day in and day out. We have no dunnage, we have minimal load bars, supposedly there is 30,000 of them in the northeast alone, and when you walk the dock you can barely find 1. How is anyone supposed to do their job when you aren't given the proper tools to do your job? What about some plywood or airbags? I'm sure our bigger competitors are providing their employees with the things to do their job properly. Ever wonder why you never see a possible future customer tour one of our dock's? I'd be ashamed to show them what goes on too. We get new customers and they threaten to drop us due to damages the following week. Then you have management that will just pull the door down on anything and send it on its way.. no stepping it down..no time taken to block or brace it, just door down outta site its the next terminals problem. Professionalism at its finest

As for Estandsforevil, he wont answer the question that was asked.

This is a joke right? You have been dodging questions for over a week now and you have the nerve to complain about someone else not answering a question.:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I've heard it all now.

this guy right here is all talk ya'll. if ya say ya gonna speak your mind, then speak ya mind. don't bring all dat union talk and then back down brother, you gotta speak up or they ain't gonna listen.

Now look here, dubtee I sure dont post much but when I do its for a good reason.

You lay off this man, he is just tryn to earn a buck and look out for his family. Cant say i blame the man. I thinnk we are all just wlookin for a fare shake and chance at a good life, so why dont you just pipe down with all that hogwash . were in this together!

SMOKESTACK: WHICH SIDE OF THE FENCE DO YOU STAND ON.YOU BLOW A LOT OF SMOKE BUT DO YOU EVER WORK FOR A LIVING.OR DO YOU JUST KICK UP A LOT OF DUST.PEOPLE LIKE US THAT WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND ARE PROUD OUR JOBS CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT TO TEAR DOWN THERE COMPANYS.LISTEN TO BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ABOUT COMPANIES IN THE USA AND HOW THEY WERE BUILT.KEEP EM GOING DON'T KEEP ARING THEM APART.THE JAPS WILL COME IN AND TAKE OVER AND KICK YOU OUT AND TAKE OVER WITH CHEAPER LABOR.WAKE UP....:chairshot:

SMOKESTACK: WHICH SIDE OF THE FENCE DO YOU STAND ON.YOU BLOW A LOT OF SMOKE BUT DO YOU EVER WORK FOR A LIVING.OR DO YOU JUST KICK UP A LOT OF DUST.PEOPLE LIKE US THAT WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY AND ARE PROUD OUR JOBS CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT TO TEAR DOWN THERE COMPANYS.LISTEN TO BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ABOUT COMPANIES IN THE USA AND HOW THEY WERE BUILT.KEEP EM GOING DON'T KEEP ARING THEM APART.THE JAPS WILL COME IN AND TAKE OVER AND KICK YOU OUT AND TAKE OVER WITH CHEAPER LABOR.WAKE UP....:chairshot:
I have a suggestion HD rider. You stay on your scooter, listening to Bruce Springsteen, and we will do the heavy lifting for you. Elvis out...

Creative in you're issues you are. Wow, to waste your time on bashing others must only lead us to believe you're harley is down on it's luck. Take a ride man, clear the head, then try again.:1036316054::funky::smilie_132:

Harleyrider, your post was removed due to your racial comment. If you'd like to post to Smokestack again go ahead but please keep the racial stuff out of it.

Thanks

i'm not just enjoying...a night that has been givin to me ... well off tonight.. win some loose some i guess

losing your RUN!

i'm not just enjoying...a night that has been givin to me ... well off tonight.. win some loose some i guess

I guess you lost tonight? your run that is! to a lower senority :nutkick: driver that makes less per Mile???:hysterical: I know how that feels I would have to stay at home too!! so the JR man who made less than me could work!! i also liked when i could only take one week at a time for vacation so the next guy below me could get my second choice and so on! and so on! and no delay pay ! anyway! SUCKS!:funky:

well i am the lower guy i worked in the city for a year and 2 months came to linehaul in aug. got 2 guys under me. i have a 528 mile a night bid so i cant really *****. gotta pay my dues so to speak.......... i out gonna try to get my sexy on lata... nights off have there up sides

well i am the lower guy i worked in the city for a year and 2 months came to linehaul in aug. got 2 guys under me. i have a 528 mile a night bid so i cant really *****. gotta pay my dues so to speak.......... i out gonna try to get my sexy on lata... nights off have there up sides
WHAT!!!!I think your saying that your gonna get lucky? well being the bottom guy you get taken care of!!