Yellow | Compete, and perform or else..

I guess we see O’Brien differently. The facts and his real life experience say otherwise.
It seems he did well with ABF. And I'm sure he'll do well with TForce and UPS.
But Yellow cannot be handled the same way.
It's a lot of union jobs and you don't look good if you're risking losing them.
This place can't be played the same way.

O’Brien grew up in a Teamsters family, with his father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all members of Local 25 in Boston, driving trucks. He has two sons, his oldest, Sean Jr. is an up and coming stand up comedian, while his youngest Joseph, is an accomplished athlete.[6] O’Brien attended University of Massachusetts Boston for one semester before joining Local 25 in 1991.

What did he do as a Teamster pre-2006?
In 2006, O’Brien was elected president of Local 25, and has been re-elected six times as of 2022.[6] In the fifteen-year span of his presidency, the local’s membership has increased by 30%, notably organizing a group of more than 1000 parking lot attendants, many of whom were immigrants from East Africa.[6]

Women do not marry losers with no hope of a house and a family.
Women demand a burden of performance of men, to provide for a family.
If a company offers men a life of excuses regarding failure, that company will fail.
Men cannot come home to a woman and offer excuses ever. That cannot ever happen.
Men must always provide for their family.
If a company cannot offer that to men as drivers, guess what? That company is done.
Leading to divorce, bankruptcy, loss of children and child support.
The company must meet their burden of performance just like the driver.
In the market, a driver will always look for the highest potential of provisions for his family.
Any company that fails to provide that as compensation will fail.
"Fair days work for a fair days pay"...
Who could be against that?
Drivers hold ALL the power, the company holds none.
The women are drivers now. This isnt 1960. Most people when they marry starting off have very little but they have love. Ive known families that have been poor their whole lives but they loved one another. You have a strange outlook. Im thinking you may need therapy. Sounds like you maybe have went off the deep end. What ever happens life will go on. Ive been laid off before and been with companies that closed yet life went on. If yellow is where you work then its your job but not your whole life, and this women demand this burden of men. What is that. A lot of families the woman is the bread winner. Bro its going to be ok.

Nonunion will eventually realize they cannot support their life in these market conditions. They will hear Sean and realize he is right.
Teamsters ask for very little.
A fair days work for a fair days pay. That is all we have asked for the whole time.
But now, things are different. We have the internet, so everyone is connected.
Men cannot ever fail to perform. Than cannot ever happen.
Either perform, or fail in life.
Women leave, divorce, child support, a life of misery.
The bar has been raised to a degree.
It will go even higher. Finally after 60 years of suffering by driver

Since a big issue seems to be making drivers work the dock. And it seems he might allow them to shut down for that.

I'll be watching the TForce negotiations very closely to see if they strike or call " close the gates"......if their present contract isn't altered to eliminate road working dock

To be solid and true it must be removed from TForce contract..
Or they walk.
I don't think we'll see that

It's almost as if it's Obama making policy.
So Trump.must overturn the policy.
And then Biden must overturn Trump

O'Brien must destroy what Hoffa did?
Pretty dumb.
We sacrificed for the place for a lot of years.
Not to just start over.
If the offer negotiated is reasonable it should be our vote.

Possible he knows there's nothing we can do at all which would save it.
Possible he knows they're bluffing.
T force can make profit by selling all the assests they have and come out ahead Yellow not so much.

The women are drivers now. This isnt 1960. Most people when they marry starting off have very little but they have love. Ive known families that have been poor their whole lives but they loved one another. You have a strange outlook. Im thinking you may need therapy. Sounds like you maybe have went off the deep end. What ever happens life will go on. Ive been laid off before and been with companies that closed yet life went on. If yellow is where you work then its your job but not your whole life, and this women demand this burden of men. What is that. A lot of families the woman is the bread winner. Bro its going to be ok.
Women initiate 75% of divorces. And it's almost always over money or lack there of. Just because you know an exception, doesn't make it the rule.

I am sure you folks already know where I am going.
The market is brutal.
Life is brutal.
A home is 350k, car 50k, plus all the stuff for a family
Teamsters, YOU are The union, YOU are the company, YOU hold ALL the value.
The bar has been raised.
Teamsters, YOU set the bar of excellence. Day after day YOU are there to serve America.
YOU are the reason this country has life.
YOU deserve to have a life.
"A fair days work for a fair days pay", is all we ever asked, for over 120 years.
Cheers to you Teamster.
The whole earth sees you. Nonunion sees YOU fighting and knows you took a stand for everyone. "Solidarity, Unity, to serve". We have been here this whole time.
Now is your time. It is an honor to be called Teamster. Because of YOU.
Thank you for standing up.

200.gif
I've been telling my generation that came in from 2014 to present. We need OUR union to step up (US in general). We need our union leaders to let us know and we need to set a bar up high on ourselves to be able to compete vs the non union wether we like it or not we have to compete. Running 1-3 bills and hour isn't crap. We need to be running 5+ bills hourly and us as P&D need to step up too and deliver and pick up all Freight but first it starts by taking care of freight. We need each and everyone of us to hold ourselves accountable. The company can't do nothing. But how about we (Teamsters Union) show them how to run it. We can't sit back and wait to see if we will be open another month. We should've been giving them a reason why we are still open and why we deserve what we the teamsters ask for in wages and benefits. We need to be the backbone of this company and not management. Simply taking care of each pallets will make a difference and loading and unloading with care will make a difference.

I've been telling my generation that came in from 2014 to present. We need OUR union to step up (US in general). We need our union leaders to let us know and we need to set a bar up high on ourselves to be able to compete vs the non union wether we like it or not we have to compete. Running 1-3 bills and hour isn't crap. We need to be running 5+ bills hourly and us as P&D need to step up too and deliver and pick up all Freight but first it starts by taking care of freight. We need each and everyone of us to hold ourselves accountable. The company can't do nothing. But how about we (Teamsters Union) show them how to run it. We can't sit back and wait to see if we will be open another month. We should've been giving them a reason why we are still open and why we deserve what we the teamsters ask for in wages and benefits. We need to be the backbone of this company and not management. Simply taking care of each pallets will make a difference and loading and unloading with care will make a difference.

Anyone not checking weights on pallets and damaging freight NEEDS to be hold accountable. I'm sure ABF Freight does and that's why they got a pretty darn good contract. We need to try men. It's our Job, it's our bread in the table for the family. It's our roof over yours and your family's heads and also mine. We need a leader that cares and it can start with you (us). Remember when you wanted to be a teamsters, we need to make people feel like that. I didn't but I sure love to hear the stories. Why not fight for it back? Old timers you are the backbone, we can't be divided. Show us the real teamsters ropes and pass it on to keep it going.

I totally agree. Be a professional. I see casuals come on the dock and leave after a few weeks, saying the environment is terrible. They run circles around senior dock workers. And yep, we leave a ton of freight on the shippers dock. Morale in general was never good. After this latest announcement its at an all time low. If you try to be supportive, you are knocked. Honestly Im over it all. This is my last year of trucking.

Why doesn't one of you just come right out and say it?
Prima Donna road drivers think they are too good to work the dock and do physical labor.
Prima Donna road drivers think they are too good to work the dock and do physical labor.
There, anything else I can do for you? :1036316054:

Anyone not checking weights on pallets and damaging freight NEEDS to be hold accountable. I'm sure ABF Freight does and that's why they got a pretty darn good contract. We need to try men. It's our Job, it's our bread in the table for the family. It's our roof over yours and your family's heads and also mine. We need a leader that cares and it can start with you (us). Remember when you wanted to be a teamsters, we need to make people feel like that. I didn't but I sure love to hear the stories. Why not fight for it back? Old timers you are the backbone, we can't be divided. Show us the real teamsters ropes and pass it on to keep it going.
We, old-timers, gave you everything on a silver platter, heater, AC, PS, air ride, heated mirrors. auto transmissions, just to name a few.
Now you have some on here who want to euthanize us old bastards who work more than 30 years.
Pray tell me what more do we have to offer?
I still have my original hips and knees, that's more than some of you who work the docks can say.
They're not up for grabs.

Women do not marry losers with no hope of a house and a family.
Women demand a burden of performance of men, to provide for a family.
If a company offers men a life of excuses regarding failure, that company will fail.
Men cannot come home to a woman and offer excuses ever. That cannot ever happen.
Men must always provide for their family.
If a company cannot offer that to men as drivers, guess what? That company is done.
Leading to divorce, bankruptcy, loss of children and child support.
The company must meet their burden of performance just like the driver.
In the market, a driver will always look for the highest potential of provisions for his family.
Any company that fails to provide that as compensation will fail.
"Fair days work for a fair days pay"...
Who could be against that?
Drivers hold ALL the power, the company holds none.
I don't know if anybody told you but a lot of our wives make more money than us and are totally self sufficient without us. You are not in 1950's Merica anymore. You might want to rethink your thinking about women unless you just want to keep paying for it at truck stops.

I don't know if anybody told you but a lot of our wives make more money than us and are totally self sufficient without us. You are not in 1950's Merica anymore. You might want to rethink your thinking about women unless you just want to keep paying for it at truck stops.
Excellent point. Divorce statistics also show that if the woman makes more than the man, in general, not every time, but its predominant, that she will leave.
Sexual dynamics has been all over Youtube for 6 months. Rollo Tomassi, Fresh and Fit, Just Pearly things. There are several podcasts that talk about this.
A woman typically gets with a man who is equal or above her in the sexual market place. A rich man will easily get with a broke woman. A rich woman would even consider getting with a broke man.
It goes back to tribal days, with men getting provisions for women. When a man gets provisions, he is glad to know he can have a family. When a woman gets those provisions on her own, she is "independent". Independent of who? Men! Now women can get the bag. And they are miserable. Because a woman is hard wired to raise a family. Men are wired to provide for a family and protect. This is why marriage is on the decline, and divorce rate is very high.

The only reason it exists is to keep your pay down due to supply and demand.
And to keep your reproduction down.
A plan of usurers.
Compound interest wins.