Yellow | Compete, and perform or else..

I bring 24 years of experience. I am a professional driver.
Get off your high horse. My nephew is 16 and learned how to drive a hay truck, you are not that special. Your endorsements that you are so proud of take a weekend of studying to get. Nice PHD Bro. There are some dockworkers on this site as well and you wouldn't have anything to haul if somebody didn't load that effing truck for you. Sure we would all like $50 and if nobody wants to drive long haul you will get your $50. But to bargain with Yellow like we are UPS is just ridiculous. A lot of people at Yellow make decent money, we just have to work 10 hours more than most. Is that fair? No, but it is where we are at. For the IBT to agree to our contracts for the last 15 years including giving up our pension and now apparently weeks from closing they are going to play hardball? Read the room. The Teamsters are about to lose 22,000 teamster jobs and O'Brien is like oh well tuff sh*t. If we are lucky maybe 1,000 of us will find another teamster job the rest of us will be starting at the bottom of another non union carrier and the Teamster demise will continue. I am not advocating more give backs but to fight for five bucks an hour now, is unattainable. Kick the can down the road for now so we can all support our families and let Yellow sink or swim on their own without an IBT boot on their head.

Get off your high horse. My nephew is 16 and learned how to drive a hay truck, you are not that special. Your endorsements that you are so proud of take a weekend of studying to get. Nice PHD Bro. There are some dockworkers on this site as well and you wouldn't have anything to haul if somebody didn't load that effing truck for you. Sure we would all like $50 and if nobody wants to drive long haul you will get your $50. But to bargain with Yellow like we are UPS is just ridiculous. A lot of people at Yellow make decent money, we just have to work 10 hours more than most. Is that fair? No, but it is where we are at. For the IBT to agree to our contracts for the last 15 years including giving up our pension and now apparently weeks from closing they are going to play hardball? Read the room. The Teamsters are about to lose 22,000 teamster jobs and O'Brien is like oh well tuff sh*t. If we are lucky maybe 1,000 of us will find another teamster job the rest of us will be starting at the bottom of another non union carrier and the Teamster demise will continue. I am not advocating more give backs but to fight for five bucks an hour now, is unattainable. Kick the can down the road for now so we can all support our families and let Yellow sink or swim on their own without an IBT boot on their head.
Chill dude.
We just got a little more time.
Thread 'Good job, President O'Brien and Freight Director Murphy' https://www.truckingboards.com/bb/t...nt-obrien-and-freight-director-murphy.123833/

Lmao =)

giphy.gif

Drivers, do as you see fit.
But remember, every day you risk your life at work. You can die on the job, and for what?
The Teamsters have always said a fairs days work for a fair days pay. That has never changed.
If you cant afford a house to sleep in, a car to drive to work, and a family, what is the point?
Why would you ever agree to that?
It's your life, ffs.
Drivers, I think you deserve more. With a contract that we can all see. But do as you will.
Time for a desk job for you. This risking your life on a daily basis must be exhausting. Life insurance, that's what you need to sell then you can say "Life" all day long.

No doubt there. But, is it worth you losing an otherwise decent paying career and benefits? Yellow isn't asking union members for much to move forward and secure the jobs of "almost" 30,000 (maybe 800 will be gone, not even 3% lost) by modernizing the carrier into super-regional status. Many of the older guys will be working the dock at non-union companies or unable to find work. Just playing devil's advocate, but it's reality.
Wow, nice to see common sense here. Love all the people that don't work for Yellow to say "close the doors". Might be a little different if it were their doors that were closing. It's like people that live on high ground saying " I ain't afraid of global warming let the water rise". The people at the beach are like "WTF".

Time for a desk job for you. This risking your life on a daily basis must be exhausting. Life insurance, that's what you need to sell then you can say "Life" all day long.
No I am also a certified welder and journeyman electrician. And those wages are close to $50. I have been here close to 10 years, doing my job. No complaints. I have supported Sean. What else would you have me do?
This is a message board. To shoot the chit. I think trucking should also pay $50. It's just my opinion. Who cares....
I have no seniority, I am a lowly line haul driver. I do have experience watching trucking change over time. So whatever.
My opinions have no bearing on what happens to Yellow. That is determined by management, like Murphy said.

Keepingon, the reality of the current situation is dire. It may not look good to you, but the company is not bluffing...they WILL go under if the Teamsters don't allow OneYellow to proceed asap. IF THE COMPANY WOULD HAVE MODERNIZED LAST YEAR, you'd have a point. But it didn't happen and now everyone is walking on eggshells trying not to slip. I feel for those that gave up a lot, but it doesn't change anything at this moment. The company "can" prosper again and shed the negative image, forget the contract - save the damn company first!
We at Yellow don't like what has happened the last 15 years. What we don't like even more is being unemployed. As long as we are open we have a chance(albeit a small chance in hell chance ) at turning this place around and the company making money and hopefully us making more money. If the doors close, well we all know for the most of us, that means less pay(at least originally), less vacation and contributing to health and welfare. And for us in our 60's, maybe no work at all.

I've been telling my generation that came in from 2014 to present. We need OUR union to step up (US in general). We need our union leaders to let us know and we need to set a bar up high on ourselves to be able to compete vs the non union wether we like it or not we have to compete. Running 1-3 bills and hour isn't crap. We need to be running 5+ bills hourly and us as P&D need to step up too and deliver and pick up all Freight but first it starts by taking care of freight. We need each and everyone of us to hold ourselves accountable. The company can't do nothing. But how about we (Teamsters Union) show them how to run it. We can't sit back and wait to see if we will be open another month. We should've been giving them a reason why we are still open and why we deserve what we the teamsters ask for in wages and benefits. We need to be the backbone of this company and not management. Simply taking care of each pallets will make a difference and loading and unloading with care will make a difference.
This is a great motivational speech here. Sounds like a Rocky movie. I like it.

I don't know if anybody told you but a lot of our wives make more money than us and are totally self sufficient without us. You are not in 1950's Merica anymore. You might want to rethink your thinking about women unless you just want to keep paying for it at truck stops.
I admire the women truck drivers. This job can be tough on a guy you know with stomache issues and bathroom breaks and dollys be froze up etc. My hats off to the females who it.

Wow, nice to see common sense here. Love all the people that don't work for Yellow to say "close the doors". Might be a little different if it were their doors that were closing. It's like people that live on high ground saying " I ain't afraid of global warming let the water rise". The people at the beach are like "WTF".
You are right. People who work for Yellow have skin in the game. People who do not most dont care. I do not work for Yellow but i do have compassion on my fellow drivers and i for one do not want to see you all go under. I hope Yellow and the Union work this out. I know most of you guys have families and they depend on you. Im not going wish anyone to lose their jobs. I hope cooler heads prevail. The more trucking companies we have the more competition and i think that keeps most companies competitive with wages and benefits.

Women do not marry losers with no hope of a house and a family.
Women demand a burden of performance of men, to provide for a family.
If a company offers men a life of excuses regarding failure, that company will fail.
Men cannot come home to a woman and offer excuses ever. That cannot ever happen.
Men must always provide for their family.
If a company cannot offer that to men as drivers, guess what? That company is done.
Leading to divorce, bankruptcy, loss of children and child support.
The company must meet their burden of performance just like the driver.
In the market, a driver will always look for the highest potential of provisions for his family.
Any company that fails to provide that as compensation will fail.
"Fair days work for a fair days pay"...
Who could be against that?
Drivers hold ALL the power, the company holds none.
A sexist
I have health insurance. The out of pocket max is high, but manageable. I live below my means and can afford it, but I'm also paid enough to be able to afford it.
says the broke dude, every time! Hahahaha

Yellow (Darren) does not care. He is counting on what you are saying.
But what I am saying is that the market says otherwise.
The bar has been lifted way up. Nobody wants anything to do with trucking at all.
You may think, "well, ill just go along to get along". Ya, not happening.
Yellow is losing money now, and cannot afford a raise.
Meanwhile the rest of the blue collar sector is at $50 an hour.
Even if you vote to give back whatever, new hires leave quickly at Yellow. Because there is no future in it.
All the hoops you have to jump through, the hours, job, work stress, people are leaving the industry in droves, and this will continue.
The only people who will stay are the old farts, who are close to retirement.
Hey!!!

You should probably rethink your strategy of trying to convince a bunch of old dudes that paid child support and alimony for decades that you’re independently wealthy.
Never claimed to be wealthy. What does people paying child support and alimony have to do with me?