XPO | Con-way Drivers are bad-***

I guess I was mistaken when I thought kool aid is when you buy into company policies and info? :duh:

My driver has been driving since 1975 of all types of trucks including pups. And has backed up a set of pups.

It's not an easy skill, is it? Not many have you or my husband's years of skill in this that are still on the road today :woot:

Ok you had enough of that kool aid. It's nice your proud of hubby. I would like to see him and the other dude back in to dock.[By the way i was one of the first one's to pull doubles in Pennsllyania 1982 was the year. {when some of the young guys on this board were pooping yellow in their diapers}so i know what they do but i could never back dolly in to the rear pup.Idon;t know if they call them dollys any more or not:

What's unsafe about backing a pup with a dolly on it? By the way I've seen a certain USM driver back his set to the dock every night and he did it fast like it was a straigh box. That boy has skills

I would like to see a video of some1 backing a set...

What is unsafe about it?

Rat :loser:

I believe it would have to do with the fact that if it gets to far either way it will break the glad hand off.

I have seen plenty of guys back their dollys to a kite, & I have seen 2 guys back a full set to the dock ( it took me over 10 years of being at conway before I witnessed this).

I believe it would have to do with the fact that if it gets to far either way it will break the glad hand off.

I have seen plenty of guys back their dollys to a kite, & I have seen 2 guys back a full set to the dock ( it took me over 10 years of being at conway before I witnessed this).

XER has two line drivers that are the best I have ever seen at backing their sets. Both can do it well enough that it saves them time. One or two quick pull-ups and they are in the dock straight. I can back a dolly under a kite but I cannot back a set.

What's unsafe about backing a pup with a dolly on it? By the way I've seen a certain USM driver back his set to the dock every night and he did it fast like it was a straigh box. That boy has skills

sounds like "Super K".....????

Being spotter for CF for many years I learned how to back up lead boxes and dolly`s to the rear box..easy...I also learned in that time to back up a set to the dock. very hard. I only knew 3 people in the Chicago area that could do that. Might have been more..Sure helped me in a tractor to do that.

Tell him to dim his lites, i'm backing a set of trips on the other side.

I'm not being sarcastic or funny but I'd really love to see a video of you doing that. I can't imagine pulling triples and then backing them! :thumbsup: My grandson would love to watch that also. His dad is a trucker also but O/O -OTR for years until he became local when the kids were born.

CF has been closed for a few years now so that would be impossible . Company I am with now do not pull double pups but they do pull double semi`s. I am local so no doubles for now

Question for you guys on something I've noticed in several different truckers:

When driving your own personal vehicle and you pull into a parking space, do you back up and redo the parking??? I've been around truckers all my life and have found that they've done this more than once!!

I know sometimes when backing a trailer they'll pull forward and back again to get the trailer just right but the darn car?? If I'm with someone that starts that I say wait a minute and when they stop to look at me to see what I'm talking about I jump out. Last thing I want to do is sit there until there is an equal amount of space between the tires and yellow parking stripes on BOTH sides. Geeze....

If I don't park close/far enough to/from the curb my husband will start in and I just tell him I can walk to the curb from here!! And GET OUT OF THE CAR.:biglaugh:

kickem while there down its eaiser

We have a crapload of outstanding drivers that are always willing to do a little extra! But it is just like a dog, when you get kicked one too many times, you don't come back wagging your tail anymore! Management has destroyed everyones' desire to do no more than what they must while keeping the LOI/TERMINATION monster off of their backs!!! Make your empolyees feel good about their job, show thanks when due, do not micro-manage, be honest! Do all of the above and people will put out 110% without question! I guess the current company philosophy is to keep kicking while you're down!!!!!!!!!!
i totally agree with you on this one. just keep kicking me and see what happens????:nutkick:

I never even pulled trips little on back them. If you ever take me serious you are in deep sh**.

practice what you preach

Question for you guys on something I've noticed in several different truckers:

When driving your own personal vehicle and you pull into a parking space, do you back up and redo the parking??? I've been around truckers all my life and have found that they've done this more than once!!

I know sometimes when backing a trailer they'll pull forward and back again to get the trailer just right but the darn car?? If I'm with someone that starts that I say wait a minute and when they stop to look at me to see what I'm talking about I jump out. Last thing I want to do is sit there until there is an equal amount of space between the tires and yellow parking stripes on BOTH sides. Geeze....

If I don't park close/far enough to/from the curb my husband will start in and I just tell him I can walk to the curb from here!! And GET OUT OF THE CAR.:biglaugh:
i drive my truck and my car in the same manner just because your not in your truck doesnt mean you drive any different.i park my car in the farthest spot away from where im going cause i dont trust people and the door dings,i preach to my wife and her kids to do the same,whats wrong with a little exercise? most people who dont drive for a living send messages to there kids with bad driving habits saying to them its ok to drive this way and i say bull s#%t its to dangerious nowdays on the hiways to be teaching our kids to drive in such an unsafe manner. children will learn by example so please think and drive,its not a race course out there although sometimes i think those women going to the mall really think so,not just singling out women eather.

Just spent the past year or so, teaching my last born, how to drive. She passed her driver license exams the first time and is going to be an excellent driver. 30 yrs as a commercial driver, Smith system training, etc., passed on to a 16 yr. old, does wonders. All of you pro drivers, have a set of skills, some of which you aren't even aware of, that are unmatched anywhere in the world.

driving skills

Just spent the past year or so, teaching my last born, how to drive. She passed her driver license exams the first time and is going to be an excellent driver. 30 yrs as a commercial driver, Smith system training, etc., passed on to a 16 yr. old, does wonders. All of you pro drivers, have a set of skills, some of which you aren't even aware of, that are unmatched anywhere in the world.
well said and very true!!:punk: