XPO | Con-way Drivers are bad-***

Just spent the past year or so, teaching my last born, how to drive. She passed her driver license exams the first time and is going to be an excellent driver. 30 yrs as a commercial driver, Smith system training, etc., passed on to a 16 yr. old, does wonders. All of you pro drivers, have a set of skills, some of which you aren't even aware of, that are unmatched anywhere in the world.
It's just to bad my car insurance co. doesn't realize this.

It's just to bad my car insurance co. doesn't realize this.

Oh yeah.........whole nother story. My insurance bill, went from 1200 a year, for two cars and my wife and I.......to 2500 when we added my daughter, and now, that she has her first vehicle, is going to 3600......from 100/month, to, 300/month......

and we haven't had a claim, any claim, in over 15yrs...

YIKES

thumbnail.aspx

Oh yeah.........whole nother story. My insurance bill, went from 1200 a year, for two cars and my wife and I.......to 2500 when we added my daughter, and now, that she has her first vehicle, is going to 3600......from 100/month, to, 300/month......

YIKES

thumbnail.aspx

I am 2 months away from my youngest becoming a licensed driver...both my boys are Smith trained...and you're right, insurance company could give a rat's behind...can't wait for the first bill...

First I was joking, I realize that it's hard to show emotion on here. I went through classes in order to get my license way back in the 70's and taught both my kids to be safe. I also had my husband put me through the Smith system after he taught everyone at his SC.

No accidents on any of our reports. So far. Never say never.
I spent 25+ years watching my father in law pull in wrecks when he was a wrecker O/O, saw a few of the pictures and so had my kids (of the cars, not bodies) and my FIL implemented the local program with state troopers to have sessions for high school kids. Drive safe, buckle up and don't drink & drive.

I firmly believe everyone should have a class or two and some refresher courses once in a while if possible.

Last, I had my kids learn to drive standard first and then automatic, had them drive with me for a year before getting their licenses.

I'm still suffering from the whiplash.....

You can tell your kids how to drive but they mostly learn by watching you. Also I don't care if I find a spot close to the front door, I'll park out in the middle even tho I have heart problems and pushing the buggy up the hill that the local wally world has in the parking lot nearly kills me! LOL!

i drive my truck and my car in the same manner just because your not in your truck doesnt mean you drive any different.i park my car in the farthest spot away from where im going cause i dont trust people and the door dings,i preach to my wife and her kids to do the same,whats wrong with a little exercise? most people who dont drive for a living send messages to there kids with bad driving habits saying to them its ok to drive this way and i say bull s#%t its to dangerious nowdays on the hiways to be teaching our kids to drive in such an unsafe manner. children will learn by example so please think and drive,its not a race course out there although sometimes i think those women going to the mall really think so,not just singling out women eather.

I am 2 months away from my youngest becoming a licensed driver...both my boys are Smith trained...and you're right, insurance company could give a rat's behind...can't wait for the first bill...

Put my daughter through a program that AAA gave us a "heads up" on. It's called "TeenSmart"...........you do it on your puter, mostly it's a virtual reality type program that gets your teen involved......when she finished, passed the final test and got the certificate in the mail, the insurance went down 30%....I think it cost about $100, worth every penny. Check it out, I really liked it.
:waycool:

insurance

YIKES

thumbnail.aspx
maybe you should try american family ive had very good luck with them although my 15 yr. old isnt on it just yet but they are very reasonable.wouldnt stop me from looking around,that seems pretty high dollar.:smilie_132:

kids driving

First I was joking, I realize that it's hard to show emotion on here. I went through classes in order to get my license way back in the 70's and taught both my kids to be safe. I also had my husband put me through the Smith system after he taught everyone at his SC.

No accidents on any of our reports. So far. Never say never.
I spent 25+ years watching my father in law pull in wrecks when he was a wrecker O/O, saw a few of the pictures and so had my kids (of the cars, not bodies) and my FIL implemented the local program with state troopers to have sessions for high school kids. Drive safe, buckle up and don't drink & drive.

I firmly believe everyone should have a class or two and some refresher courses once in a while if possible.

Last, I had my kids learn to drive standard first and then automatic, had them drive with me for a year before getting their licenses.

I'm still suffering from the whiplash.....

You can tell your kids how to drive but they mostly learn by watching you. Also I don't care if I find a spot close to the front door, I'll park out in the middle even tho I have heart problems and pushing the buggy up the hill that the local wally world has in the parking lot nearly kills me! LOL!
you are one of a very few i might say,great job.:smilie_132:

Hmmmmmmmm Con-Way Great LOL realy maybe the biggest cover up company out there ... Let's see Did Con-Way contact DOT for any of these I know for a fact NOT Driver puts dolly in the pound at XCL, driver runs over fence and leaves the seen so Con-Way just paid out, Con- Way driver goes to sleep in pickel park and Does not set the brakes and truck rolls into sign and breaks passenger side window and mirrow, Then a driver run's the one that didn't set his breaks over in the yard with dolly Hmmm Sound's like to me there should of been a drug test or two given here but did they no come on who are you tring to fool ? Are you realy that dum or is your job worth all that to you. Instead of giving out thursday dounuts and hat's they could make it easyer on you if they gave you some knee pads and vasaline a bib would be nice to wipe your chines LOL

Hmmmmmmmm Con-Way Great LOL realy maybe the biggest cover up company out there ... Let's see Did Con-Way contact DOT for any of these I know for a fact NOT Driver puts dolly in the pound at XCL, driver runs over fence and leaves the seen so Con-Way just paid out, Con- Way driver goes to sleep in pickel park and Does not set the brakes and truck rolls into sign and breaks passenger side window and mirrow, Then a driver run's the one that didn't set his breaks over in the yard with dolly Hmmm Sound's like to me there should of been a drug test or two given here but did they no come on who are you tring to fool ? Are you realy that dum or is your job worth all that to you. Instead of giving out thursday dounuts and hat's they could make it easyer on you if they gave you some knee pads and vasaline a bib would be nice to wipe your chines LOL

Let's see...

You can't type and obviously can't spell. Your substance induced rant is in itself self-incriminating...so this begs the question....

What are you doing posting here with people of integrity?

(Yeah Mods I know the rules...sometimes ya' just gotta break 'em!)

Rat

Let's see...

You can't type and obviously can't spell. Your substance induced rant is in itself self-incriminating...so this begs the question....

What are you doing posting here with people of integrity?

(Yeah Mods I know the rules...sometimes ya' just gotta break 'em!)

Rat

I have a headache...

Everyone has a bad day.

*HIC* :guiness:

Ohhhhh........ Well, that settles it for me, I vote we take all of them out behind the woodshed and beat the cr** out of them........damn con-way drivers anyway. (me included of course).......(actually, me first, come to think of it)......
:duh:

Ohhhhh........ Well, that settles it for me, I vote we take all of them out behind the woodshed and beat the cr** out of them........damn con-way drivers anyway. (me included of course).......(actually, me first, come to think of it)......
:duh:

Yeah...that works for me!!!

I volunteer av8tor to go first!!!!

:rofl2::rofl2:

Rat :loser:

If you are beaten to the point of injury..........

You guessed it - Chargeable!

No I'm not tiring to knock Con-Way drivers. But the company, the drivers are put under way to much stress to keep there jobs and if you ever worked there you know it. And all the thing's I listed are report able even the mirror. You at least shouldn't drive it away until repaired.

§393.80 Rear-vision mirrors. (a) Every bus, truck, and truck tractor shall be equipped with two rear-vision mirrors, one at each side, firmly attached to the outside of the motor vehicle, and so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway to the rear, along both sides of the vehicle. All such regulated rear-vision mirrors and their replacements shall meet, as a minimum, the requirements of FMVSS No. 111 (49 CFR §571.111) in force at the time the vehicle was manufactured.

I have seen management tell DSR that have been working days forever to grab a log book and make something up we need you to run Friday night line haul. And to make it work show half your time driving and half on-duty. Now if you have any common since you know better than that. They DO NOT give drivers enough time to do a proper pre trip or really anything else. It's all about the $$$$ numbers. I have never seen a driver check air pressure or pull on a slack adj.. And if something goes wrong who do you think will be left out to dry? The DSR? Hmmmmmm Now you might say the same-thing about OTRD but IF the driver is worth his salt then he or she can tell you when there truck needs oil by how long and many miles it's been ruining. Air pressure is the same thing If you check in the north @110 then get down south it will be up by as much as 15psi = 125 been there done that. Hell there so cheap they have you freeze you tail off on the docks then get in a cold truck because it will not idle long enough to warm up. Unless you leave the tractor brakes off then some will run longer. And it just might break them if they put in an AM/FM radio. Did anyone think that if they had CB's in them that when you got to a FAC you could call out a mile or two away and get your dock doors but all know it's all about punch to punch to punch and if you take over 20 min. You better right something down (lie). But then I guess you can be thankful they give you that can of spay window cleaner to use for cruse control or driver fatigue would be a bear. So now lets be onus does Con-Way really have safety in mine? Or the old mighty Dollar ? And as far as the DSR go well they deal with what they got and pray nothing goes wrong and no one gets hurt or killed so they can get another pay check. Because if you really don't know it's wrong then maybe you shouldn't be driving that truck now should you. Now like I said before I'm not trying to put the DSR (And there's a reason they call you DSR and not Driver's look in the little green book) down but don't play me off as if I don't know what I'm talking about. Been there done that and I have the road map and a pack of matches to prove it. OK ...... Over a million safe miles and still going and no thanks to Con-Way

yall are so right hard work with sometimes no appreciation it seems about all ther is left anymore . although there are still those that beleve in what they are doing still those higher ups that really forget how and who it truly is that keeps this company going day after day i applaud each and everyone of you for all the hard work you and we do