XPO | Con-Way Freight Workers in Texas Join Teamsters Local 657

Joe Nuno

Teamster member 848
Credits
On September 12, 2014, drivers and dockworkers at Con-Way Freight in Laredo, Texas voted to join Teamsters Local 657.
“This is a great victory for the workers at Con-Way and we hope this campaign spreads,” said Frank Perkins, President of San Antonio-based Local 657. “These workers are seeking fair wages, respect on the job and job security. They also want to have a pension and improved health care coverage.”
There are 113 workers in the bargaining unit.
“We chose Laredo because it is the busiest inland port in the United States,” Perkins said. “Seven thousand trucks cross the border with Mexico every day.”
On September 9, Teamsters Joint Council 42 in Southern California filed for election at three Con-Way terminals.

Con-Way Freight Workers in Texas Join Teamsters Local 657 | Teamsters

"Great Job Laredo"

uh, it shouldnt be! you guys used to have a pension, whats wrong with guys wanting it reinstated? no one wants 401k's, everyone has seen the load of crap they have been sold.

How much money would you say goes into a teamster pension every week? Say like for a ups freight worker?

uh, it shouldnt be! you guys used to have a pension, whats wrong with guys wanting it reinstated? no one wants 401k's, everyone has seen the load of crap they have been sold.
Look at the pensions for some of the LTL..I read on here that the contributions had to be reduced..they cant afford to keep them funded. Why would a company want to do something that is not profitable? We have no control over pensions.. the 401 you can move around..its our money.

About time someone says enough. Great job and God Bless you.

Great job on screwing up this company.better sell your stock. You don't care..you don't work here any more. You don't care that this is gonna cost a lot of us money. Thanks.

Great job on screwing up this company.better sell your stock. You don't care..you don't work here any more. You don't care that this is gonna cost a lot of us money. Thanks.

How would it cost you money? What it is gonna do is let a man come to work and be productive without always looking over his shoulder, give them the confidence in their employment!! Knowing that the smallest little thing is not going to effect their job!! Being able to come to work and do their job knowing they will be treated fair and respectful!!! Why does that bother you so much?? Everyone will have the same confidence as you now, a level playing field so to speak!!! Maybe that's the issue, I don't know??? Congrats Laredo!!!

Wait!! You said that there was nothing going on down there. That there was no talk of union anywhere.

Your not sore are you ??? Sounds to me like your really taking your loss really hard. The way i see it, you win some and then you win some more! On to California !!

You really are clueless, not everybody is 40 living in there parents basement!!!! They are thinking of there future....

You need to read up on the changes to the pension regulations.

Also the gov pension insurance bill expires this year. My F ing parents are gonna be living in my basement. :fingure:

Look at the pensions for some of the LTL..I read on here that the contributions had to be reduced..they cant afford to keep them funded. Why would a company want to do something that is not profitable? We have no control over pensions.. the 401 you can move around..its our money.

and the 401k will NEVER see enough money from conway workers, or anywhere else. do some quick math, instead of berating pension funds. it seems that everyone should be dumping 10-15% of their earnings into them, and no one does that. a lot of people dont even contribute at all.

the nation is facing a retirement crisis because everyone bought into the 401k sham. you think these 401k retirees are greeters at walmart because they like it? its because theyre broke.

go ask a guy who retired off Central States Pension what he gets with a full pension. i doubt most 401k participants are saving that much.

And now your taking your ball & going home....

and the 401k will NEVER see enough money from conway workers, or anywhere else. do some quick math, instead of berating pension funds. it seems that everyone should be dumping 10-15% of their earnings into them, and no one does that. a lot of people dont even contribute at all.

the nation is facing a retirement crisis because everyone bought into the 401k sham. you think these 401k retirees are greeters at walmart because they like it? its because theyre broke.

go ask a guy who retired off Central States Pension what he gets with a full pension. i doubt most 401k participants are saving that much.

The CSPF is the worst example possible. It was corrupted and is massively under funded. Whatever he is getting he won't be getting for much longer. Take that check while you still can.