XPO | Con-Way vs XPO

Which company cared more about their employees and treated them better?

• Con-Way

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • XPO

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Only worked for one of them

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • CCX

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters
CSE felt like a family of drivers. But like many families it was dysfunctional. Spent money like crazy and had many "favorite " drivers. Good times?

Correct. My guess is they are too stupid to figure out why they can’t hire anyone nationwide, why driver animosity is at an all time high, why terminals are still voting to unionize. So, they hire these firms to troll social media to gauge driver feedback. Jeff has some pretty good tools available to us mods, it didn’t take me long to figure it out.
I don't think their too stupid, worse. I think they just don't give a crap and that I believe is why so many of us fear XPO's LTL division being sold off at any time to the highest bidder and the uncertainty that comes with it.

Correct. My guess is they are too stupid to figure out why they can’t hire anyone nationwide, why driver animosity is at an all time high, why terminals are still voting to unionize. So, they hire these firms to troll social media to gauge driver feedback. Jeff has some pretty good tools available to us mods, it didn’t take me long to figure it out.

If you are in the corporate office right now. Do you feel there will be more votes or less ? More resignations or less ? If you feel more, and I have to believe they do. Why wouldn't you make a few subtle changes to eliminate the momentum ? The bereavement thing is just awful. The raise was way to low for the current conditions. Most are unhappy with the lack of PTO and losing vacations to various other work absences. You could do quite a lot and not even spend a lot to improve the drivers attitudes and willingness to work here.

Can these people really be trying to scour the web looking for a way to get people happy to take less ? Unfortunately, that would mean going union. troubleman84 hired into YRC knowing there was a give back and didn't care. He was happy to take less. So if you are reading these boards and looking to find a path to people taking less and loving it, going union is your path to success.

I figured there were professional trolls on our forum. Ever since the Union push started I guessed that there were company trolls and teamster trolls trying to persuade the silent majority that read but rarely post. I hate trolls.

No surprise. None at all.

I have still not been paid for my participation in this garbage. Someone send me a dollar and be my sponsor for the next post.

( for fun )

This post brought to you by icuicp. I sure did enjoy typing icuicp today on the truckingboards, and icuicp's posts are the best posts out there. Magically intelligent and extremely whitty. Without the ability to respond or react to icuicp and have icuicp interact with me. Shoot. I can't imagine a world like that. No icuicp is a bad day.

Until the next dollar comes in !!! I'm about the ugliest thing you might ever throw a dollar at. But I did once grace the cover of GQ. You know the one. Gone *****. Not the one you were thinking ? Yes, it was. Throw me a dollar. I'll even dance around for you. :icon dance::icon dance::icon dance:

Ho
How do you identify them if they use a VPN?

Did they merge with CSE or were they sold? It happened shortly after I started.
CSW and CSE were merged into one company, retaining the CSE name with the CSW president, who later left the company on his own accord. In my opinion, he saw the handwriting on the wall.

No surprise. None at all.

I have still not been paid for my participation in this garbage. Someone send me a dollar and be my sponsor for the next post.

( for fun )

This post brought to you by icuicp. I sure did enjoy typing icuicp today on the truckingboards, and icuicp's posts are the best posts out there. Magically intelligent and extremely whitty. Without the ability to respond or react to icuicp and have icuicp interact with me. Shoot. I can't imagine a world like that. No icuicp is a bad day.

Until the next dollar comes in !!! I'm about the ugliest thing you might ever throw a dollar at. But I did once grace the cover of GQ. You know the one. Gone *****. Not the one you were thinking ? Yes, it was. Throw me a dollar. I'll even dance around for you. :icon dance::icon dance::icon dance:
Started my own men dance review called the CHUNKEN DALES. Tons of fun

Hey public relations expert ! Why don't you tell them that if they want to know what we think, they can swing on into any terminal they want to. Sit down and listen. All day or night. For free. And hear it all.
They (upper Management) only show up and are all ears when you file for a union election. Then all the sudden they care .

Their action here using someone posing as a driver shows that their not beyond going to extremes that some would scoff at.

Using a firm posing as a driver to infiltrate these forums show the extremes they will go to. You have to wonder if this is the only time they have done this.

Last edited:
They (upper Management) only show up and are all ears when you file for a union election. Then all the sudden they care .

Their action here using someone posing as a driver shows that their not beyond going to extremes that some would scoff at.

Using a firm posing as a driver to infiltrate these forums show the extremes they will go to. You have to wonder if this is the only time they have done this.
The company should get their money back,27 responses is not a very good indicator of how the whole company feels, although the fact that not one voted for XPO is telling.

Hey public relations expert ! Why don't you tell them that if they want to know what we think, they can swing on into any terminal they want to. Sit down and listen. All day or night. For free. And hear it all.
Because all the unhappy drivers sit in their seats with hands folded looking down and don't say a thing.

The company should get their money back,27 responses is not a very good indicator of how the whole company feels, although the fact that not one voted for XPO is telling.
Sad part is not one person picked xpo. Its just the way this industry is heading. These companies wonder why they cant get drivers, pay more & they will show up. Instead you got greedy ceo's making millions while throwing crumbs to their employees....

Instead you got greedy ceo's making millions while throwing crumbs to their employees....
It's really what it all about, they only want to give the bare minimum that they have too..and not because they can't afford it. They poll only to see what they can getaway with. Unsustainable for the long term

It's really what it all about, they only want to give the bare minimum that they have too..and not because they can't afford it. They poll only to see what they can getaway with. Unsustainable for the long term
I should add it’s not just the drivers, it’s everyone below them, which makes the whole company sour....

I'm not sure posting on a message board is extreme. And that poster didn't say they were a driver or anything else. No disguise was used. Just keeping things from getting to twisted. Any one can sign up and post. It's not much of an infiltration. No massive effort on elaborate undertaking involved.

Have they done it before ? Oh yeah. Definitely. Without a doubt.