FedEx Freight | Congress Passed Pension Cuts

http://www.americanmanufacturing.or...ry-dangerously-dependent-on-foreign-suppliers

This is a direct result of unionbusters and their attack on our defenses.
Without the public sector union defense the headline would be worse.
If we follow uniknbusters our society would have to work for the wages in the countries manufacturers leave for....to supply our military and keep us safe.

Letting the market decide will not keep us safe unless we go to 3rd world standards right here.

This story never would've existed when unions had numbers.
Thanks for this, unionbusters

Keep whistling in the wind and ignoring the real world. The uniin way was best and the antiuniin world has ruined what made this country worth dying for.
No healthcare was brought because of abuse by nonunion companies destroying union companies.
Refusal tto join unions has now cost retirees what was rightcully theirs.
Lack of conteacts allowed for low pay where people couldnt afford homes which resulted in Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac.

We no linger have skills or manufacturing to supply manufactures needed for defense due to unionbusting economics destroying manufacturings defense-the unions.

People choose to receive assistance/unemployment instead of working because work no longer pays.
The antiunion side has America in decline. On our way out not up.

You sir are delusional!

Why was Obamacare needed?
Why was Fanny and Freddy needed?

Because people didn't recieve health insurance.
Because people didn't make enough to buy new homes.

Why?
Imports.
Trade deals for companies and against unions.

The great "competition" that Red favors under allowing Mexican trucks here under NAFTA.
All leading too not making enough to buy homes.
All leaving more and more without health insurance...........all due to listening to the same types of arguments you guys present against unions.

Allowing one side to dominate all economics from your own employers to local, state and national politics.
That's what brought it all.
How's it working out?

You still decide to allow that side to dictate to you by voting no to representation.
You allow them to sit making trade deals on their own behalf in the TPP.
All the while making it harder on all of us and easier on very few.

THAT, Mr.johndeere, is delusional.

What your link actually shows is that in both years represented, the amount of employees represented by unions (freeloaders) outnumbers the amount of actual union members! When we factor in that less than half of the states, (24 out of 50), are Right To Work states where forced unionization is illegal, that number becomes staggering!
This graph also shows another startling graphic...when you look at the total amount of members/non-members for the 25-34 demographic compared to the 35-44 demographic and up, you see a BIG drop off in the numbers. Why? Could it be because this is the age group where most people "start" their employement with a union employer and then leave within the first ten years due to continuous layoffs, lack of work, no advancement in seniority, better employment opportunities, etc...?
Private sector unions are experiencing a slow and painful death while it's members who were lied to are trying to hang on...and I don't blame them. What baffles me is why anyone would want to join in their misery?
Public sector unions make up a majority of the union memberships numbers and those numbers will probably never see decline since they're forcibly funded by the taxpayers....just one of the many reasons that even FDR was opposed to public sector unions.
Not sure where you're seeing freeloaders outnumbering actual members. It looks to me to show between 1% and 1.5% (depending on the demographic) who are represented but NOT members. These would seem to be the "freeloaders", right?

I don't see the BIG drop you note ( you may be comparing the Total for 25 and up, to the next group). The percentage continues to grow for each age demographic until you hit the "over 65" demographic. May want to take another look http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.t01.htm

The reasons people like "private sector unions", is simple. Historically higher compensation/benefits. More job security via balanced rule enforcement.

Now, on to Public Sector unions... You are likely correct, in that public sector is a significant part of the total union number (good catch!). Much to the dismay of many, I don't support public sector unions, in general. The private sector unions have market forces that limit (eventually), and balance the power. The public sector has no such limitation or market force, to keep things in check.

Why was Obamacare needed?
Why was Fanny and Freddy needed?

Because people didn't recieve health insurance.
Because people didn't make enough to buy new homes.

Why?
Imports.
Trade deals for companies and against unions.

The great "competition" that Red favors under allowing Mexican trucks here under NAFTA.
All leading too not making enough to buy homes.
All leaving more and more without health insurance...........all due to listening to the same types of arguments you guys present against unions.

Allowing one side to dominate all economics from your own employers to local, state and national politics.
That's what brought it all.
How's it working out?

You still decide to allow that side to dictate to you by voting no to representation.
You allow them to sit making trade deals on their own behalf in the TPP.
All the while making it harder on all of us and easier on very few.

THAT, Mr.johndeere, is delusional.

I have no intention to take this any further you are not capable of having a real reasoned argument and I don't have the time you do to keep it up. But I want to point out we DID NOT need Obama care or Fanny and Freddy, government is not the answer it is the problem.

Could it be that BIG dropoff could be attributed to WISDOM. The young dont see wbat the older ones know.
Which may contribute to whats going on at Fedex Freight right now. WISDOM has come.......and they see the benefits which they could not before. In Charlotte, South Brunswick and EPH!
What your link actually shows is that in both years represented, the amount of employees represented by unions (freeloaders) outnumbers the amount of actual union members! When we factor in that less than half of the states, (24 out of 50), are Right To Work states where forced unionization is illegal, that number becomes staggering!
This graph also shows another startling graphic...when you look at the total amount of members/non-members for the 25-34 demographic compared to the 35-44 demographic and up, you see a BIG drop off in the numbers. Why? Could it be because this is the age group where most people "start" their employement with a union employer and then leave within the first ten years due to continuous layoffs, lack of work, no advancement in seniority, better employment opportunities, etc...?
Private sector unions are experiencing a slow and painful death while it's members who were lied to are trying to hang on...and I don't blame them. What baffles me is why anyone would want to join in their misery?
Public sector unions make up a majority of the union memberships numbers and those numbers will probably never see decline since they're forcibly funded by the taxpayers....just one of the many reasons that even FDR was opposed to public sector unions.

Unions are the answer.
I have no intention to take this any further you are not capable of having a real reasoned argument and I don't have the time you do to keep it up. But I want to point out we DID NOT need Obama care or Fanny and Freddy, government is not the answer it is the problem.

For an admitted Operating Engineers union member, you act as though your businesses make no money off the things you oppise. You, your companies, and your union probably made most of the money off of Fanny and Freddy construction besides the top dog bankers on Wall St......just like you make most off of government stimulus public building projects.
Who's delusional?

You guys should all just sign the petitions, vote yes and get this overwith. Then I can give the Fedex mods a much needed break.....and move on to Conway.
Kapish?

Not sure where you're seeing freeloaders outnumbering actual members. It looks to me to show between 1% and 1.5% (depending on the demographic) who are represented but NOT members. These would seem to be the "freeloaders", right?

I don't see the BIG drop you note ( you may be comparing the Total for 25 and up, to the next group). The percentage continues to grow for each age demographic until you hit the "over 65" demographic. May want to take another look http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.t01.htm

The reasons people like "private sector unions", is simple. Historically higher compensation/benefits. More job security via balanced rule enforcement.

Now, on to Public Sector unions... You are likely correct, in that public sector is a significant part of the total union number (good catch!). Much to the dismay of many, I don't support public sector unions, in general. The private sector unions have market forces that limit (eventually), and balance the power. The public sector has no such limitation or market force, to keep things in check.
I referred to them as "freeloaders" because that was the name given to those who are represented by the union but are not union members...by those union members that post on this board.
The numbers show in 2012 - 14,366 union members, 15,922 "freeloaders"
The numbers show in 2113 - 14,528 union members, 16,028 "freeloaders"
Therefor, even though over half the states do NOT support Right To Work laws, there are more "freeloaders" than dues paying members.

You are correct as far as the demographics, I read the wrong lines on the table...I WAS WRONG. (:

Here's where we differ...IMO, the reason people like "private sector unions" is simple, it's because they think about themselves, personal greed, the "what can the company do for me" mentality. Yes, unions have higher wages and bennies but at what cost? Since deregulation, most LTL union companies have gone under....with YRC & ABF the only two lone survivors of the top 50 LTL union companies since 1980...and both are struggling to stay afloat. Not necessarily what I'd call job security!

I think we agree on public sector unions.

The reason ANYBODY goes to work is because they think about themselves Red.

They think about themselves AND their coworkers when they join.....and that can stretch to caring about their Local who looks out for all kinds of workers in their locality
and can stretch further into caring about the International caring about the whole nations workers.

Your antiunion way cares ONLY about SELF.

I believe companies should provide wages. What you do with your wages is up to you.

Exactly provide wages that is it with you guys. But to get and retain employees they better come up with a good benefits package or they will have alot of turnover and not keep quality employees.

The reason ANYBODY goes to work is because they think about themselves Red.

They think about themselves AND their coworkers when they join.....and that can stretch to caring about their Local who looks out for all kinds of workers in their locality
and can stretch further into caring about the International caring about the whole nations workers.

Your antiunion way cares ONLY about SELF.
That's not necessarily true, I went to work for AF because they were a non-union company, therefor I was also thinking about the company as well as myself. I had choices and I made mine.
I grew up with plenty of guys that worked for union companies, Freightliner, Yellow Freight, and Carolina Freight with the older guys, and they were constantly being laid off or just weren't worked at all. Those who worked for non-union companies, Watkins, Wilson, Southeastern, didn't experience such problems.
The choice was a no brainier for me.

We had one layoff at my terminal in 10 years red. Maybe 5 guys maybe 2 months. Thats out of 100 or so FT guys.

But if you really went to work for the company because somehow you adored them or something....we live on different planets.

I wouldn't doubt that nonunions laid off a higher percentage around here in the last 15 years.

Seeing that you said you actually picked AF because they were nonunion, I can tell you I picked my path cause it was union.
It took a long time.
You couldn't get a Teamster Freight job here when I started.

I was pretty much stuck with nonunion for 9 years. I didn't like it. Too many backstabbers. Too many suckups. Too many people who imagined they were great. Too many people living in fear.
Too many drivers who thought they were bosses and acted like it. Too many looking for an attaboy. Too many who wouldn't stick together.
I worked places with no retirement plans. No dental. No eyecare. No paid sick time. No raises. One place changed insurance 2-3 times in a year...everytime getting worse.

They were just jobs.
Just like those young guys in your graph. No union.
I'm wiser now.
Stability is in a union.
There's rules made by both sides. Not just one.
The only threat to the stability is all those dumb jobs I left behind.
They do nothing but wreck a good thing.
It makes absolutely not one bit of sense to me why such a large group of guys in LTL would've picked the nonunion way over the union way. Not one bit.

Fear of people in their own ranks probably plays a major role. What a shame. What lost time...living in fear.

Seems like the beloved UPS has put the screws to the Central States pension fund!
I say beloved UPS because of those who like to use UPS as an example when arguing for union representation.

http://makeupsdeliver.org/

UPS lobbyist fought for and won a special loophole just for UPS, relieving them of paying for cuts to the Central States pension, cuts that their retirees were already protected from....saving UPS $2 Billion!!!!
What a GREAT union company!!!!