Yellow | Connect The Dots! Something Is Up At The KCGO?!

These meetings were scheduled coming off of the heels of some dumb decisions made by lower management subordinates.I.E...The laying over of Dallas to Okc bid drivers in OKC.Thats just to name a few boneheaded dispatching mistakes.

"...lower management subordinates..." do not make decisions, they are instructed to take a course of action.

May that be a "...boneheaded..." mistake, it constitutes, but one.

While this may affect profitability in this particular lane, I doubt it is worthy of a call to all linehaul managers to report to KCGO for a 'strategy' conference.

When my I asked my TM about this meeting, he responded:

"I had hoped you would clue me in."

:smilies-19296:

What concerns me the most is that both the company and the International will try to keep this from the members as long as possible. Please don't misunderstand me on this, I know the Freight Division needs time to understand what the company wants and time to offer counter proposials ect,Ect. But again it seems to me that neither sides understands in this day and age with Cell phones and the Internet nobody is going to keep the members in the dark for long.
The powers that be need to get it through their heads that the Membership is no longer a bunch of mushrooms! Try keeping us in the loop so to speak. You will never get us to agree 100% of the time but more trust would be gained if things were more out in the open.

Just a thought.

What concerns me the most is that both the company and the International will try to keep this from the members as long as possible. Please don't misunderstand me on this, I know the Freight Division needs time to understand what the company wants and time to offer counter proposials ect,Ect. But again it seems to me that neither sides understands in this day and age with Cell phones and the Internet nobody is going to keep the members in the dark for long.
The powers that be need to get it through their heads that the Membership is no longer a bunch of mushrooms! Try keeping us in the loop so to speak. You will never get us to agree 100% of the time but more trust would be gained if things were more out in the open.

Just a thought.

You say the membership is "no longer a bunch of mushrooms"? Have you been reading many of the comments made here on TB? :hide: :LMAO: :hide:

You say the membership is "no longer a bunch of mushrooms"? Have you been reading many of the comments made here on TB? :hide: :LMAO: :hide:

Ha! The "mushroom" analogy is funny! But a bit inaccurate. "Mushroom" suggests that we are being deprived of information. When I read the absurd comments about getting a tax refund on wages we were never paid. I believe that the problem is lack of common sense, not information!
Don't misunderstand, LEHIGH vALLEY, I agree that a reasonable dialogue between labor and management should be the goal. However, and without fear of disagreement, there are quite a few here who's ability to digest FACTS is questionable at best.

"...lower management subordinates..." do not make decisions, they are instructed to take a course of action.

May that be a "...boneheaded..." mistake, it constitutes, but one.

While this may affect profitability in this particular lane, I doubt it is worthy of a call to all linehaul managers to report to KCGO for a 'strategy' conference.

When my I asked my TM about this meeting, he responded:

"I had hoped you would clue me in."

:smilies-19296:

These meetings were scheduled coming off of the heels of some dumb decisions made by lower management subordinates.I.E...The laying over of Dallas to Okc bid drivers in OKC.Thats just to name a few boneheaded dispatching mistakes.

Elwood, some just don't understand linehaul operations! It has, is, and ALWAYS will be cheaper to pay layover, than run empty miles! And as you so astutely observed, mid level managers and their subordinates, follow instructions. They do not formulate strategic plans!

Elwood, some just don't understand linehaul operations! It has, is, and ALWAYS will be cheaper to pay layover, than run empty miles! And as you so astutely observed, mid level managers and their subordinates, follow instructions. They do not formulate strategic plans!

You keep using words like that Bag, and they will make you R-78 coordinator!!!!

Okay, here is what I have gathered so far, it's not much.

One major issue is getting trailers back to the west coast. Too many trailers leave, thus the pool is severely diminished.

Is it reasonable to haul barely or less than profitable freight as opposed to deadheading trailers back?

Do we compromise on the quality of freight we have gained leading us to profitability?

I do not know the numbers on how much more freight moves from west to east than vice versa.

Okay, here is what I have gathered so far, it's not much.

One major issue is getting trailers back to the west coast. Too many trailers leave, thus the pool is severely diminished.

Is it reasonable to haul barely or less than profitable freight as opposed to deadheading trailers back?

Do we compromise on the quality of freight we have gained leading us to profitability?

I do not know the numbers on how much more freight moves from west to east than vice versa.

Sell the trailers when they reach the east coast and buy new ones as needed on the west coast, kind of like they used to do with shipping containers coming to the east coast from China. When enough drivers pile up on the east coast fly them back west in one big bunch. Why didn't anyone think of this? :hide:

Sell the trailers when they reach the east coast and buy new ones as needed on the west coast, kind of like they used to do with shipping containers coming to the east coast from China. When enough drivers pile up on the east coast fly them back west in one big bunch. Why didn't anyone think of this? :hide:

West coast TL companies have been doing that for years. Buy a new trailer on the east coast, load it with LTL freight. Send it on the rail to the west. We use it a couple times then it gets registered as 'used.' We get free trailer use, low overhead on equipment and the TL gets lower cost on registration. win/win!

West coast TL companies have been doing that for years. Buy a new trailer on the east coast, load it with LTL freight. Send it on the rail to the west. We use it a couple times then it gets registered as 'used.' We get free trailer use, low overhead on equipment and the TL gets lower cost on registration. win/win!

UPS has been doing that for ages also. Nice, clean load of parcels and the trailer arrives looking like it just came out of the showroom.

So your saying we can just load the drivers up in one of the empties and ship them back by rail? :hide: