Yellow | Connect The Dots! Something Is Up At The KCGO?!

just to keep up on the drama and hyperbole, i pulled a trailer with a glad hand seal that was folded over tonite. i shouldnt have done that, someone could have died. i should have waited for a vendor to come in and change it for me.....

I think you guys are in the okie dokie mode... I think if it was something with substance that they talked about in KC, you would had heard something by now...

just to keep up on the drama and hyperbole, i pulled a trailer with a glad hand seal that was folded over tonite. i shouldnt have done that, someone could have died. i should have waited for a vendor to come in and change it for me.....

Could always keep a couple of seals in your bag for those times when it doesn't make sense to wait for a vendor. I personally wouldn't change one when the terminal is open and a mechanic is available, but at a closed terminal in the middle of the night when the temperature is below zero I think I would change it myself and get rolling.

Could always keep a couple of seals in your bag for those times when it doesn't make sense to wait for a vendor. I personally wouldn't change one when the terminal is open and a mechanic is available, but at a closed terminal in the middle of the night when the temperature is below zero I think I would change it myself and get rolling.

i know. i was just being dramatic....

I see that in Canukistan proper pre-trips are conducted. Unfortunately there are a significant number of drivers whose idea of a pre-trip consists of "is the key in the ignition?".
The DOT up here is very serious about truck safety. I'm a little anal retentive about making sure my equipment is safe to pull down the road. They don't just select the sketchy looking trucks for inspection up here, they will pull in nice clean well maintained trucks too. If it's rolling down the road it's fair game to them. To them it's not about a money grab, it's all about safety.

I see that in Canukistan proper pre-trips are conducted. Unfortunately there are a significant number of drivers whose idea of a pre-trip consists of "is the key in the ignition?".

I've seen far too many guys at the relays I've been to open the passenger door and climb over their travel bag to the drivers seat, start the truck and drive away without even checking trailer numbers let alone check the equipment over.

I think you guys are in the okie dokie mode... I think if it was something with substance that they talked about in KC, you would had heard something by now...

To add insult to injury though, Red Ball had a "meeting of the minds" just before they closed the gates on us.... We knew something was up, but I never thought it was a closing coming.. We thought they were trying to sell us..

That "Smiling Service" wasn't smiling too good that day...

Does anyone know if Operational People from the other YRCW Co.'s were asked to attend the meeting?
I can't believe everyone is being such a Secret Squirrel about what went on. They must have swore an oath of Omerta.

Last edited by a moderator: