Yellow | Connect The Dots! Something Is Up At The KCGO?!

Don't know what you are looking at, but YRCF's CSA score for maintenance was at 72% in October........KK

KK
I look at the breakdown of violations, seat belts were the highest [mind boggling], followed by log and certification infractions. The mechanical was a very low #, % wise. I'm sure that you have access to the same info in ATL. I urge you to check it out.

you mean " that tire still had tread when i left". i was coming home out of cleveland this morning and had the BALDEST tire ive ever seen on a trailer. not even litfle indentations where grooves used to be. it was an inside tire, and i was low on time, so i dragged it back, BUT i wrote it up.

over here at holland, it seems like everything is servicable, and if you drive junk, speak up and get it fixed. ive never worked anywhere that the mechanic walks over and post trips your equipment for you.....

you mean " that tire still had tread when i left". i was coming home out of cleveland this morning and had the BALDEST tire ive ever seen on a trailer. not even litfle indentations where grooves used to be. it was an inside tire, and i was low on time, so i dragged it back, BUT i wrote it up.

over here at holland, it seems like everything is servicable, and if you drive junk, speak up and get it fixed. ive never worked anywhere that the mechanic walks over and post trips your equipment for you.....

Am I missing something? You "dragged it back" you mean- " I drove it back illegally" is what you meant to say. Because you were short on time? Shame on you. What would your answer be if that bald tire had a blow out and someone lost a life? I don't understand people sometimes. Maybe its just me.

I Worked with a city driver that was in the shop every morning never made it out the gate in 15 minutes.
The city operations manager was going crazy because of this guy and his poor numbers.
They decided to have this drivers tractor and trailers taken to the shop after they were hooked. Mechanics were told to go over this equipment and fix anything that was wrong and pull to ready line. Driver comes in and still finds things wrong so to the shop he goes.
881 at its finest.

Am I missing something? You "dragged it back" you mean- " I drove it back illegally" is what you meant to say. Because you were short on time? Shame on you. What would your answer be if that bald tire had a blow out and someone lost a life? I don't understand people sometimes. Maybe its just me.[/QUOTE

SCRABBLE, any tire, new with deep tread or old with no tread can blow without notice. It is usually due to imperfections in the casing, ie. capped to many times. The tire in question was hard, no scales or DOT on Sunday, who hasn't done this, let him or her cast the first stone. Brother BB said it was inside on a van. He wrote it up.

I duct taped an air tank up on a pup one night, left side bracket broke, a vendor would have done the same thing. I red tagged it back @ 135, problem solved.

January 1 is right around the corner, companies usually like to start off the new year with good or bad news.. I say by the 15th y'all will get the news of what went down..

Am I missing something? You "dragged it back" you mean- " I drove it back illegally" is what you meant to say. Because you were short on time? Shame on you. What would your answer be if that bald tire had a blow out and someone lost a life? I don't understand people sometimes. Maybe its just me.

I picked up a set yesterday at a dark terminal that the tail pup had a brake chamber disabled. Load was picked up Columbus and came through Akron and Buffalo. Somewhere along the line or before it was loaded in Columbus the spring broke in the chamber. Some wing nut of a wanna be mechanic decided that instead of changing the chamber he would just disconnect both air lines and cap them and back the brake off. This trailer came through 2 relays and 2 shops before it made it across the border. When I called Buffalo to get a vendor to come and change the chamber I was accused of not knowing what I was talking about because they had just sent the set across the bridge and the driver that brought it didn't have any problems. Just goes to show how poorly some mechanics and drivers check the equipment out before it goes down the road. I got 3 hours delay pay sitting and waiting for the vendor to replace the chamber.

The vendor in #116 changed a can on my set in 18 minutes 3 weeks ago. Total delay under an hour.

sorry, i guess you think im one of hollands heroes, and that my truck is souped up. yep, i dragged it back, since i wanted to get home instead of sit in a hotel on my earned time off, and then wrote it up. looks like it was a month overdue. dont get your panties in a bunch over it.....

I picked up a set yesterday at a dark terminal that the tail pup had a brake chamber disabled. Load was picked up Columbus and came through Akron and Buffalo. Somewhere along the line or before it was loaded in Columbus the spring broke in the chamber. Some wing nut of a wanna be mechanic decided that instead of changing the chamber he would just disconnect both air lines and cap them and back the brake off. This trailer came through 2 relays and 2 shops before it made it across the border. When I called Buffalo to get a vendor to come and change the chamber I was accused of not knowing what I was talking about because they had just sent the set across the bridge and the driver that brought it didn't have any problems. Just goes to show how poorly some mechanics and drivers check the equipment out before it goes down the road. I got 3 hours delay pay sitting and waiting for the vendor to replace the chamber.
I see that in Canukistan proper pre-trips are conducted. Unfortunately there are a significant number of drivers whose idea of a pre-trip consists of "is the key in the ignition?".

I see that in Canukistan proper pre-trips are conducted. Unfortunately there are a significant number of drivers whose idea of a pre-trip consists of "is the key in the ignition?".

That, and how many even check the PTO for the manure spreader to make sure it is working properly???

That, and how many even check the PTO for the manure spreader to make sure it is working properly???

If you've spent much time here on TB you have to wonder if the manure spreader PTO can handle the high RPM's it's been spinning at! :LMAO:

(Oh crap, I hope I'm not in trouble again for that comment). :hide:

Good agricultural practice requires proper soil preparation. That being said, I think we'll have quite a "crop" next season!:Emoticon_digging::biglaugh: