TForce | Contract Language for UPSF

kuk1210 said:
if this contract is not up to nmf bill zollar wants consesions form the freight carriers correct me if iam wrong that what he said in traffic world we need to be strong and stay together screw zollar just because the ibt saids it dose mean it true
Not up to nmf? Meaning not as good of a contract? And the question is more who is telling the truth..... If we blindly follow anyone then we are the ones to blame if their story is not the truth....

Flexible is a joke. At union barns they perform what is called supreme service to meet the "flexable" schedule. Just another way of basting us in bull.

BusterNite said:
I have a problem with that word,(Flexible) We could not be any more flexible than we are right now. This is what the "O" managment was telling us in the past. ( we are much more flexible being non union)
To me flexible means= The rules can change anytime they see fit regardless of what you bid on, Regardless of seniority and all the issues we all know about. Flexible means, We can change the company policy at any time we see fit.

Amen Brotha!!!!!

Mike01 said:
I tend to agree with ya, BusterNite. Being "flexible" many times means that the supervisor is either too stupid or too lazy to figure out a problem according to the rules. They just pull something out of thier butt and run with it.

Amen Amen Amen!!!!!!.

greezy trucker said:
Just got off yhe phone with the buisness agent and this will not be a white paper contract. It will be a national contract. If I understood it all correctly UPS is waiting until more terminals go thru the card check to negotiate. I might of misunderstood that part so feel free to correct me....

The agreement if I remember correctly was to vote in one terminal and then negotiate a contract, then approach the following terminal's with a contract hoping all will follow along voting yeah for the brotha's.

Waiting for more to get involved with card check ,before negotiation's, is actually a contridiction of the original card check agreement.

Accel,
Starting negotiations in September isn't very much of a waiting period at all. September will only be a few weeks after Indy was certified. I'd say that's pretty fast considering that both sides have alot on their plates already.

Accelerator said:
The agreement if I remember correctly was to vote in one terminal and then negotiate a contract, then approach the following terminal's with a contract hoping all will follow along voting yeah for the brotha's.

Waiting for more to get involved with card check ,before negotiation's, is actually a contridiction of the original card check agreement.
You are correct, That is exactly what their strategy is, To negoitiate a strong contract for one group (Indy) and this will answer many questions the employees might have about the union and then will take this victory and build momentum at other terminals.

stldude44 said:
Accel,
Starting negotiations in September isn't very much of a waiting period at all. September will only be a few weeks after Indy was certified. I'd say that's pretty fast considering that both sides have alot on their plates already.

I gotta agree with you stldude, I've never seen the process go from ratification to negotiations this fast.
It looks to me like both sides are putting this on the fast track to get it resolved.

This came up at our barn about contract language and senoirity. Once we are all teamsters, what will the contract say about senoirity in case UPS buys another company. Will we be at the top and the new additions be at the bottom? Or will it be like what happened at ABF-Carolina. T-251 says the rumor mill has it that UPS will look at ABF. IF we were to be brought together with another teamster outfit, who has the senoirity. This would be a buyout, not a merger. Who goes to the bottom? It's a big question here.

tomcat said:
This came up at our barn about contract language and senoirity. Once we are all teamsters, what will the contract say about senoirity in case UPS buys another company. Will we be at the top and the new additions be at the bottom? Or will it be like what happened at ABF-Carolina. T-251 says the rumor mill has it that UPS will look at ABF. IF we were to be brought together with another teamster outfit, who has the senoirity. This would be a buyout, not a merger. Who goes to the bottom? It's a big question here.

Tomcat, welcome to the boards. Please tell everyone you work with about us.

I wouldn't put much into and buyout rumors at this point. Especially a freight company. UPS will have their hands full for a while with converting Overnite to UPS Freight and the last thing they will want is throwing another company into the mix.

tomcat said:

I must say that is a concern of mine also...

southerngrits said:
I must say that is a concern of mine also...
Me too. What if they put us with their Menlo drivers who are union now? Will union seniority override company seniority?

What if? What if? If I didn't know better I'd say some of you guys are really reaching for anything in an attempt to scare some of the others.......you'd end up being much better protected as a Teamster than you would being totally at the mercy of the Company....but it's a moot point. As you've seen from all of the buyouts lately the buyer continues to run the newly aquired Company as a seperate unit. There's no reason to think anything UPS MIGHT do in the future as far as aquisitions go will be any different. Ask yourself this......could another major Company fit in under the roof of your barn? Is UPS gonna fork over hundreds of millions to build the giant terminals that would be needed to merge 2 big Companies under one roof everywhere there's a terminal? The answer is no.

Accelerator said:

This is what I thought too.... Guy is a little hard to understand on the phone.....

CFer said:
I gotta agree with you stldude, I've never seen the process go from ratification to negotiations this fast.
It looks to me like both sides are putting this on the fast track to get it resolved.

I can agree that it is fast. But unless there was a little wishy ,washy, going on in the background while this check was in progress by eskew and hoffa , it seem's to me it may take a while for a contract to be written and verified by both side's.

And on a further note , taking under consideration that there mite be more aqusitions in the frieght industry by UPS, would it not be smart to have a clause written in the contract about future buyout's. That when condensing barns the member's of the company that UPS is buying will go to the end of the seniority list in the original entity of UPSF. If they went to look for work elsewhere they would be at the bottom of any list anyway.

After all this is our contract, we are told it will be inbetween small package and NMFA. Therefore it will be an original. So those coming in will be leaving thier own contract to join our's will they not. If infact the future purchased entity is union.

Just a thought.

CFer said:
Tomcat, welcome to the boards. Please tell everyone you work with about us.

I wouldn't put much into and buyout rumors at this point. Especially a freight company. UPS will have their hands full for a while with converting Overnite to UPS Freight and the last thing they will want is throwing another company into the mix.

I agree, it will be a while, I give at the least 2-3 years away.

stldude44 said:
What if? What if? If I didn't know better I'd say some of you guys are really reaching for anything in an attempt to scare some of the others.......you'd end up being much better protected as a Teamster than you would being totally at the mercy of the Company....but it's a moot point. As you've seen from all of the buyouts lately the buyer continues to run the newly aquired Company as a seperate unit. There's no reason to think anything UPS MIGHT do in the future as far as aquisitions go will be any different. Ask yourself this......could another major Company fit in under the roof of your barn? Is UPS gonna fork over hundreds of millions to build the giant terminals that would be needed to merge 2 big Companies under one roof everywhere there's a terminal? The answer is no.

The same thing that happened with Carolina-ABF has happened with our guy's at motor cargo and O out west. So who is to say we are jumping the gun by protecting ourselves in a new contract.

Just the clause I have mentioned above or below in this case, is something to take under consideration, This is our future ,not a game, and should not be taken lightly. Now that comment was not to affend you of coarse, but we are not making mud pies here. Post 38.