TForce | Contract Language for UPSF

Accel... my last post was not directed to any one in particular, but nobody (except Mike E) really knows what the outcome is gonna be. I only post my opinion based on past experiences and from what I believe to be possibilitys that would be best for all. I dont think its a good idea to say what IS going to happen. there are to may scenarios and we can predict things but i believe this deal will be completely different than what anyone has ever seen before.

Union negociations,are always give,and take.

The company always wants something for whatever is being asked for.

UPS isn't going to say bring it on,whatever you Freight workers want we are going to give you,because we love the Teamsters so much,and becides they've got to much power to disrupte the freight division that we've already sunk so much money into.

NOOO SIR.

Whatever the wants of the workers on be half of the Teamster representivies.

UPS is going to shave down,and also ask for something in return,for their generosity.

You union folks that think this contract is going to be the best,in union history better think again.

GIVE,and TAKE thats what every union contract is about.
Mark my words you'll see I'm right on this point.

Apostolic said:
You union folks that think this contract is going to be the best,in union history better think again.
Mark my words you'll see I'm right on this point.
Apo,
I don't remember anybody saying that this new Contract will be earth shattering.....but one thing is certain....it'll have to be better than what you guys get now and I'll bet it will be.

Because Brown is self centered ,shrewd , & forward thinking....All the time... They are entering into a new era of full service , Air ,Parcel,Freight ,cross border ,plus thing are changing world wide; they need full coperation within the rank(s) to function with maximum effect..

wassesname said:
Accel... my last post was not directed to any one in particular, but nobody (except Mike E) really knows what the outcome is gonna be. I only post my opinion based on past experiences and from what I believe to be possibilitys that would be best for all. I dont think its a good idea to say what IS going to happen. there are to may scenarios and we can predict things but i believe this deal will be completely different than what anyone has ever seen before.

Do not take that personally, I just wanted to clarify the original post, not point the finger. Sorry if I offended you.

Long days said:
Because Brown is self centered ,shrewd , & forward thinking....All the time... They are entering into a new era of full service , Air ,Parcel,Freight ,cross border ,plus thing are changing world wide; they need full coperation within the rank(s) to function with maximum effect..
We've been trying to convince the former O guys that UPS is exactly as you describe...some believe it...others haven't seen the light yet. All the more reason to join the Teamsters....can you imagine the abuse if UPS (parcel) wasn't Unionized?

hTe company always wants something for whatever is being asked for.

UPS isn't going to say bring it on,whatever you Freight workers want we are going to give you,because we love the Teamsters so much,and becides they've got to much power to disrupte the freight division that we've already sunk so much money into.

NOOO SIR.

Whatever the wants of the workers on be half of the Teamster representivies.

UPS is going to shave down,and also ask for something in return,for their generosity.

Mark my words you'll see I'm right on this point

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

steve5 said:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I just get a laugh out of the fact that UPS bought a profitable LTL co. and now somebody, somewhere has to be shaking thier head in disbelief. And thanx Steve, you are 100% correct.

Long days said:

True, but sometime's companies have a tendancy to get too big, too quick ,and loose the luster that brought them there to begin with. And we want to hope the top heavy co. does'nt come crashing down.

I have no doubt that it will be union; have all along. I believe a little diplomacy in the negotiations will go a long way for both! Face it , both partys are savvy.They have years of contract experience (both partys) except it must have clauses to enhance UPS`one itinerary. Furthermore,this is collective barganing at it`s finest, one season for both Freight & Parcel... Air is already decided ;let`s go to work!!!

Long days said:
I have no doubt that it will be union; have all along. I believe a little diplomacy in the negotiations will go a long way for both! Face it , both partys are savvy.They have years of contract experience (both partys) except it must have clauses to enhance UPS`one itinerary. Furthermore,this is collective barganing at it`s finest, one season for both Freight & Parcel... Air is already decided ;let`s go to work!!!
Not to mention that they both have an agenda. We will be the bargaining chip for the 2008 parcel contract. I don't think it was coincidence that the teamsters and UPS bargained for a card check for Upsf and early negotiations for the 2008 parcel contract at the same time.