ABF | Conway Laredo Votes Yes

There it is. The comment that I was waiting for. If more people would join, it would make it better for us. Not that you care what happens at Conway or FedEx, you just want them to join so you have better bargaining power. Can't leave the non-union carriers alone because you need them to make your contract better. Purely selfish. You could careless about my future and welfare, you just need my vote.
What kind of cheese would you like with that whine....you seem to be one of the shoe shiners that have it good at Conway, but as you can see the people in larado don't feel the way you do.....

There it is. The comment that I was waiting for. If more people would join, it would make it better for us. Not that you care what happens at Conway or FedEx, you just want them to join so you have better bargaining power. Can't leave the non-union carriers alone because you need them to make your contract better. Purely selfish. You could careless about my future and welfare, you just need my vote.

You might want to take a look at our trade in general and realize his post concerns all of us. If we all stand together we all stand to benefit from it. Our trade has been under attack for decades.

What kind of cheese would you like with that whine....you seem to be one of the shoe shiners that have it good at Conway, but as you can see the people in larado don't feel the way you do.....

And there it is again. First selfish comments and now it goes to name calling. :fingure:

You might want to take a look at our trade in general and realize his post concerns all of us. If we all stand together we all stand to benefit from it. Our trade has been under attack for decades.

I am open to suggestions. I have an open ear and if someone has something decent to say I will listen. I just don't like people coming on this thread and strictly for selfish reasons try to start trouble. Then resort to name calling. If you get that kind of response from "union guys" it is no wonder that people get turned off from the union. I have an open mind but zero tolerance for bashing and name calling.

How long does the 15% give-back last at YRC?
Us brother's and sister's at YRC don't know the answer to that 15% question.Just like the last MOU forced down our throats this year.PTS is running our freight at will with little to no regards to our members at home waiting for a call for work.

Us brother's and sister's at YRC don't know the answer to that 15% question.Just like the last MOU forced down our throats this year.PTS is running our freight at will with little to no regards to our members at home waiting for a call for work.

This a good example as to why grievance language is so important in a CBA. If there are members being "run around" over and above the agreed to percentage there is recourse for this abuse.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I am open to suggestions. I have an open ear and if someone has something decent to say I will listen. I just don't like people coming on this thread and strictly for selfish reasons try to start trouble. Then resort to name calling. If you get that kind of response from "union guys" it is no wonder that people get turned off from the union. I have an open mind but zero tolerance for bashing and name calling.
Your not open to suggestion, your dead set against the union....

And it.will make it better for ALL

Thank you Brother Mike432. I guess some people miss the point that when it gets better for one group,...it'll get better for another. Pay raises in the non-Union companies traditionally followed the Union raises,..........The non-Union employees benefited without having to do any bargaining.....Conversely,....when YRC and ABF took pay cuts,....every non-Union carrier out there slashed pay and benefits,.....and it goes without saying,...that they didn't consult any employee,...nor did they take into account the profitability of that particular carrier. Brother Bigfoot 077,.....wouldn't you finally like to have control over your own future,....have a say-so in what's going on at your own company,.....instead of your CEO adjusting your wages to gain a better share of the freight rates,......irregardless of the effect that has on your family?

I've been watching all this stuff about Conway going union. There has been people giving comments on why they dont think union will work there. A few, and i mean a FEW guys would have a conversation promoting the union the way they see it. You sir are not one of them. Ive only been on this truckingboards thing for a few monfhs but i gotta say that you really dont help your cause out very much. I know this seems like a personal attack and for that i appologize but maybe you will use it to reconcider your tactics on promoting the union. I belive bigfoot had a concern on his post that you just wanted to blow out of the water. I have no dog in this fight. I work for a non union line that is not Conway or fxf so it really doesn't matter to me except that ive learned alot about unions and organizing since Conway started all this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching all this stuff about Conway going union. There has been people giving comments on why they dont think union will work there. A few, and i mean a FEW guys would have a conversation promoting the union the way they see it. You sir are not one of them. Ive only been on this truckingboards thing for a few monfhs but i gotta say that you really dont help your cause out very much. I know this seems like a personal attack and for that i appologize but maybe you will use it to reconcider your tactics on promoting the union. I belive bigfoot had a concern on his post that you just wanted to blow out of the water. I have no dog in this fight. I work for a non union line that is not Conway or fxf so it really doesn't matter to me except that ive learned alot about unions and organizing since Conway started all this.
They are not tactics as you call them, its correcting the mistruths being told by a few on the Conway board. As for the personal attack I could care less im a truck driver not a nun im pretty sure I will get over it....

How can I say crybaby without offending such a fragile person....

Wow, still can't go without the name calling. How are you going to convince anyone let alone me, to join you in your quest to make Conway and FedEx go union. You can't see that you are doing more harm than good? I am not a fragile person. You show your intelligence by how you speak and name calling comes from uneducated weak minded people with nothing better to say. You want have a conversation with me, I am all for it but not if you continue with your name calling.

I am not dead set against any change, union or non union. I am open to suggestions and welcome them. You are never to old to learn something new. I am not happy with the current status my employer has put me in with cuts and so on. I am also not happy from what I have seen from the union. People losing jobs, companies closing doors and so on. This is one of those pick your poison and go on. Right now, I make a decent wage and are able to pay may bills. I have saved for my future. Now, if we were to go union and we close the doors, where does that leave me? I have a job now. Now it is your turn to convince me to change so, get off your soapbox and talk to me without calling me names. Bet you can't.

Wow, still can't go without the name calling. How are you going to convince anyone let alone me, to join you in your quest to make Conway and FedEx go union. You can't see that you are doing more harm than good? I am not a fragile person. You show your intelligence by how you speak and name calling comes from uneducated weak minded people with nothing better to say. You want have a conversation with me, I am all for it but not if you continue with your name calling.
Uneducated & weak minded, good thing you don't call people names or otherwise I might be offended ....

I am not dead set against any change, union or non union. I am open to suggestions and welcome them. You are never to old to learn something new. I am not happy with the current status my employer has put me in with cuts and so on. I am also not happy from what I have seen from the union. People losing jobs, companies closing doors and so on. This is one of those pick your poison and go on. Right now, I make a decent wage and are able to pay may bills. I have saved for my future. Now, if we were to go union and we close the doors, where does that leave me? I have a job now. Now it is your turn to convince me to change so, get off your soapbox and talk to me without calling me names. Bet you can't.
They won't close, shareholders won't let that happen.If you went union you would have better pay , benefits, pension & work rules to name a few. My daughter who is 23 is a union nurse making $29+ an hour & she would take my insurance any day of the week over hers ....

Maybe you missed one point I made. When a carrier is organized their wages & especially benefits increase & yes that levels the playing field for all. Seniority rights help control favoritism. Your job is more secure with someone to stand with you. When a company doesn't have to answer to anybody about discipline or discharge of employees it opens the door for abuse. With a contract employees have protection against zealot management that have no respect for workers.
Do you work under a contract that can be enforced for your benefit? You control your future. If you don't want to be a union member that is your decision but I have a better life by being a Teamster. I have provided for my family & paid for my children's education with the better wages & benefits I have enjoyed.

Hey Bigfoot 007. Just a few thoughts on being a member of the Teamsters. While I am not real happy with my current leadership on all levels, it is better than the alternative. I enjoy being employed under the umbrella of a Collective Bargaining Agreement. It spells out the working rules & regulations the employer & employee have to live under. A very large majority of non union companies tell you to take it or leave. For a very minor infraction of the rules under a non union company, you are terminated with no recourse. Under a CBA there are steps the company has to take when you screw up.
On the flip side of being a Union Member there is a company called Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals in Indianapolis. They really don’t need a Union & the employees don’t want one. Lilly pays them a good wage, pretty good benefits, pretty fair retirement package & they have a board made up of management & workers who hear cases of employees who break the rules. With steps of discipline before losing your job. So I ask why haven’t the employees @ Lilly since 1876 organized & vote in a Union? Because they are content with the wages & benefits the company offers.

As for Con-Way, they have no CBA. Every day they try to work their people 14 hours as allowed under the DOT HOS. In Indy alone Con-Way lost about 30 drivers to Old Dominion with the promise of not forcing them over 10 hours. Don’t know how that is working, but how many companies in this country demand you work 12 to 14 hours each day. Not many that we are aware of. Once again, a CBA prevents abuse of the kind Con-Way is known for. I am not content, but I am grateful I am a member of a Union working under a CBA. One last thought. I have been employed by ABF under a CBA for the last 15 years. I pay about 60.00 bucks a month in dues. And I have NEVER and I mean NEVER paid the first dime for my Medical Premium. ABF pays all of it because of the CBA my Union obtained for me. Beat that with a stick. Von.

None of us are interested in funding their failed pensions. And we are smart enough to be wanting our own pension like what UPS did or settle for a 401K.

Multi employer pensions are garbage.