Yellow | Coo 06/2014

IMPO....This is what happens when UN-EDUCATED PEOPLE are scared into voting yes and then later finding out what for and start demanding change ,and cry I did not know.......BS!!....(I told You So)....KK

As opposed to the many UN-EDUCATED people who voted NO and were ready to shut the job down? Give me a break.

Anything happening now can still be contested and fought if it violates the conditions of the MOU. If the job ended up shutting down because the MOU was rejected and YRCW could not get refinancing then what would you be moaning about? At least all working are still getting paid every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
As opposed to the many UN-EDUCATED people who voted NO are were ready to shut the job down? Give me a break.

Anything happening now can still be contested and fought if it violates the conditions of the MOU. If the job ended up shutting down because the MOU was rejected and YRCW could not get refinancing then what would you be moaning about? At least all working are still getting paid every week.
Does that mean you would be open to a 6th giveback as long as you kept your job?

Does that mean you would be open to a 6th giveback as long as you kept your job?

Not at all. If (and that's strictly conjecture) another proposal is made for further concessions down the line sometime, every one of us will have the opportunity to examine and evaluate it in light of conditions existing at that time and then coming to an educated decision on how to vote. That's how EDUCATED people do things in my opinion.

PS - Here's a bit of news just out today which everyone should take into account in any decisions they might make about the job:

The U.S. economy turned in its worst quarter since the first three months of 2009, when GDP flagged 5.4% in the wake of the financial meltdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
As opposed to the many UN-EDUCATED people who voted NO and were ready to shut the job down? Give me a break.

Oh for God's sake and all that's Holy....IMPO....They did not shutdown afetr we voted NO in the first vote......they scambled to postpone the 2013 Financial Report that was to come after the first vote and put it off until AFTER the 2nd vote that the IBT got involved in (I thought we were to choose our own destiny, TYSON) because it showed a small profit and the top dogs got MILLIONS in stock bonus after the second vote cleared!

Would you have voted yes in the 2nd voted if you knew this first?

But thats ok...."After all, we still have a job!"

Im sitting back and enjoying the show and will not let those who were duped, forget.....KK

Oh for God's sake and all that's Holy....IMPO....They did not shutdown afetr we voted NO in the first vote......they scambled to postpone the 2013 Financial Report that was to come after the first vote and put it off until AFTER the 2nd vote that the IBT got involved in (I thought we were to choose our own destiny, TYSON) because it showed a small profit and the top dogs got MILLIONS in stock bonus after the second vote cleared!

Im sitting back and enjoying the show and will not let those who were duped, forget.....KK

Your last sentence shows what a pathetic little man you've turned out to be. The vote was taken, we're still in business, and there's a good possibility we can recover what we gave up if and when the company's financial condition and the economy both improve. But you'd rather come on here like a 12 year old with your snarky attitude. What a shame from a man I once held in high regard.

Your last sentence shows what a pathetic little man you've turned out to be. The vote was taken, we're still in business, and there's a good possibility we can recover what we gave up if and when the company's financial condition and the economy both improve. But you'd rather come on here like a 12 year old with your snarky attitude. What a shame from a man I once held in high regard.

We will NEVER NEVER get back what was given up. NEVER

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Not at all. If (and that's strictly conjecture) another proposal is made for further concessions down the line sometime, every one of us will have the opportunity to examine and evaluate it in light of conditions existing at that time and then coming to an educated decision on how to vote. That's how EDUCATED people do things in my opinion.

PS - Here's a bit of news just out today which everyone should take into account in any decisions they might make about the job:

The U.S. economy turned in its worst quarter since the first three months of 2009, when GDP flagged 5.4% in the wake of the financial meltdown.

Don't worry about the economic shrinkage, we had weather this year, we never had weather before, the Obama prosperity is right around the corner, once they get a handle on sheep flatulence all will be fine.

We will NEVER NEVER get back what was given up. NEVER

That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, and I respect that. The issue is that it is just an opinion. From the early 1970's when we were making around $6.00 per hour our pay has increased to roughly four times that rate over the ensuing years. When the economy was good and the surviving companies were doing well we got increases. Why would that not continue AS LONG AS THE ECONOMY IMPROVES AND THE COMPANY IS PROFITABLE? Why is that concept so hard for so many of you to understand? Most all of us, myself included, have never experienced a downturn in the economy as severe and widespread (the worst since the Great Depression) as the recent one. Taking a pay cut has been something unfamiliar to most of us. Nobody likes what's happened, but in my opinion it's better than having the job shutdown.

That's your opinion, you're entitled to it, and I respect that. The issue is that it is just an opinion. From the early 1970's when we were making around $6.00 per hour our pay has increased to roughly four times that rate over the ensuing years. When the economy was good and the surviving companies were doing well we got increases. Why would that not continue AS LONG AS THE ECONOMY IMPROVES AND THE COMPANY IS PROFITABLE? Why is that concept so hard for so many of you to understand? Most all of us, myself included, have never experienced a downturn in the economy as severe and widespread (the worst since the Great Depression) as the recent one. Taking a pay cut has been something unfamiliar to most of us. Nobody likes what's happened, but in my opinion it's better than having the job shutdown.
Zollars leveraged YRCW to the point of near collapse. Survival is obviously more important to the majority of YRCW Teamsters. What is in store for the future? No one has that answer. Opinions yes, but ONLY opinions. Despite all the p***ing and moaning, the wages and conditions are superior to most driving jobs today. Is it as good as when I started, no. Nothing is.
Trip, fortunately more do understand the relationship of profitability and wages. However a very vocal minority feel .that the answer is to under perform as an act of revenge. Simple thoughts from simple minds! If there is any chance of recovery, those actions are surely counterproductive.

What does that $6 equate to in today's dollars? And it isnt just about pay, we gave up vacation, retirement, and most of all with the pts, jobs. Im at Holland so the pts doesnt affect me. Yet. But you guys voted your own jobs away and now they are restructuring the network to keep them away. But hey you still have a job right? For now.

No they didn't shut down after the first and should have been the final vote.They just pulled out the ol trickery ballot boxes.all of us have some doubts about the honesty that is running around rampant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

We can argue about the yes and no thingy til the cows come home.I just let our Union handle all of this.dont fight just sit back and watch everything go.

You've drank too much koolaid triplex.no one is saying whos right or wrong.Just some of what has happened was on the sligh and shady.we all know it.

No they didn't shut down after the first and should have been the final vote.They just pulled out the ol trickery ballot boxes.all of us have some doubts about the honesty that is running around rampant.

So what you're inferring is that in 1994 when we rejected the first proposal, ALL the union LTL companies should have just shut down???
There are some people here who are in dire need of a refresher on how labor negotiations work.
Management makes a proposal, the union votes to accept or reject. Once a proposal is rejected it may be modified and offered again or resubmitted unchanged. Once a proposal is ACCEPTED, it will NOT be proposed again. Why would it, it's been accepted.

Let's see the union was neutral on the first vote that was handled by an independent third party and it was voted down!
The union said the sky was going to fall and the votes were stuffed in a craftsman toolbox and it passes the second time!

:couch::hysterical::438::wtflol::smilies-19296:

We can argue about the yes and no thingy til the cows come home.I just let our Union handle all of this.dont fight just sit back and watch everything go.

How has the union handling everything worked out so far ! Have you been under a rock jeesh! Open your eyes the union is in bed with the company !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DUH!

What does that $6 equate to in today's dollars? And it isnt just about pay, we gave up vacation, retirement, and most of all with the pts, jobs. Im at Holland so the pts doesnt affect me. Yet. But you guys voted your own jobs away and now they are restructuring the network to keep them away. But hey you still have a job right? For now.

Holland, Reddeway, and New Penn votes counted on YRCF pts , which wasn't right. Guess they should let ABF vote on it too. :17113:

So what you're inferring is that in 1994 when we rejected the first proposal, ALL the union LTL companies should have just shut down???
There are some people here who are in dire need of a refresher on how labor negotiations work.
Management makes a proposal, the union votes to accept or reject. Once a proposal is rejected it may be modified and offered again or resubmitted unchanged. Once a proposal is ACCEPTED, it will NOT be proposed again. Why would it, it's been accepted.
what negotiations it was take it or were shutting down just like the last giveback ....

what negotiations it was take it or were shutting down just like the last giveback ....
And that is the privilege that YRCW enjoys, they OWN the company. YRCW is under NO obligation to negotiate. As employees, Teamsters have the privilege of accepting or rejecting the offer. Whether it's negotiated or not. Also as Teamsters we have the right to seek another employer when we feel that our efforts are not properly compensated. Which, if I'm not mistaken, you have done. And I admire your courage in doing so.
At this time ALL YRCW company employees are faced with the consequences of the current MOU. In the event you are unaware the labor movement in America is under attack. And with little or no support from politicians there is little hope of any changes to strengthen Labor Law.