Yellow | Could you guys be bigger babies!

I hear too many rumors at Bloomington. Sad that people are so negative. Lets do what we do best... what we do the best... Freight! If we don't care, the company wont make it

The thing you have to face is that you are dealing w/a group of people and you can't change them. They must choose to change themselves.

Example:

Our terminal has free coffee. I'm sure since its been combined we are starting to use alot more. They don't take contributions for coffee.

My bid runs though the woods. There aren't any cost effective places to get coffee anywhere near the terminal on my run. I got permission from dispatch to get coffee for my thermos. I told him someone was gonna flip because I took 4 or 5 cups of coffee w/me, even though they are entitled to the same thing. Last night I got in, taped to the top of the coffeemaker is a big note saying No Filling of Thermoses. So now instead of giving 50 cents worth of free coffee a week, the company will now pay about $3 a week for extra fuel for me to detour to get coffee on my run. Boy did they show me.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I have to echo 222lifer. Here in Okc we seem to get along pretty good. I don't know any of the RDWY guys hell I really don't know many of the YELL guys. But I see them running together talking on the CBs and eating in the same places. I can respect a mans loyalty to his co. But like the old saying "Times they are a changin". We all work for the same co. now. YRC Inc. Is it just me or is that name redundant? Dosen't the C stand for Corp or Incorparated?[/QUO
You started the thread!!!!!!!!
Read what you wrote in the beginning. Now you say we all get along? Get some help!:chairshot:

Does your brain not work all the time? I have not said anything about all of us. Do you work here in Ok? I really don't think so. I stated that the YELL and RWDY guys here get along fine. I asked if You guys could be bigger babys. Crying about the name and blameing brothers for the crap you think your blesed co. is in.

The thing you have to face is that you are dealing w/a group of people and you can't change them. They must choose to change themselves.

Example:

Our terminal has free coffee. I'm sure since its been combined we are starting to use alot more. They don't take contributions for coffee.

My bid runs though the woods. There aren't any cost effective places to get coffee anywhere near the terminal on my run. I got permission from dispatch to get coffee for my thermos. I told him someone was gonna flip because I took 4 or 5 cups of coffee w/me, even though they are entitled to the same thing. Last night I got in, taped to the top of the coffeemaker is a big note saying No Filling of Thermoses. So now instead of giving 50 cents worth of free coffee a week, the company will now pay about $3 a week for extra fuel for me to detour to get coffee on my run. Boy did they show me.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Penny wise and dollar foolish.....
tripping over dollars to save a nickle.
Did you not know this already?

Example:

Brilliant...

brilliant.jpg

I hear what your saying vwaggs but don't get into a jam while off route.

Our steward is the one who told me about the place. Its not really off route. Next time you go to hit a truckstop, start checking your mileage. You can quickly rack up 5 miles a week, going to truckstops.

Example:

Or you could bring it from home. Sorry, v, I couldn't help myself.:chairshot:

Or you could bring it from home. Sorry, v, I couldn't help myself.:chairshot:

The sign was gone when I went in friday. I assume a higher authority overruled the sign maker. I don't have a coffeemaker that will make good coffee. I was thinking of bringing my own to work, if they will give me a place to hide it. I'll see if its still an issue this week.

The sign was gone when I went in friday. I assume a higher authority overruled the sign maker. I don't have a coffeemaker that will make good coffee. I was thinking of bringing my own to work, if they will give me a place to hide it. I'll see if its still an issue this week.

Well then, by all means, hit that truck stop. You offered to come here and buy me a beer, once. Maybe I better come there and buy you a coffee maker.:1036316054:

Maybe if we con Drag Bike Mike into keeping his cup full he won't worry about how good it is anymore. :hysterical:

who cares be thankful you have a job let all bond together and make this the best damn new company out there :1036316054:yellow roadway yellowroadway its only a name so let make yellow roadway a great name :smilie_132:
Kiss ***:butt kiss:
This will fail
everything Yellow touches turns to Sh#t

Oh yeah if Roadway was so great on there own why did they let Yellow buy them????

One more thing

One more thing "Big Driver" I take it you have a lot of seniorty or are close to retiring because only clowns at the top think like that.
Ask a guy with less than ten years if he likes the Idea of a dovetail
FTP:butt kiss:

One more thing "Big Driver" I take it you have a lot of seniorty or are close to retiring because only clowns at the top think like that.

Why not change your name to "Mr. Optimist"? I have been through 4 changes of operations at our Terminal. I finally had my original hire number last year and have moved up 4 more since then. I have been with the company for 24 years. I have been a Steward for 7. I still have 24 brothers and sisters ahead of me. I will have 15 more ahead of me after the dovetail.

One thing I have learned from all of this is that guys at the top did everything they could to make it better for me coming up. They protected our work rules and the contract. They taught me Teamster loyalty. They taught me to look past the nose on my face and to see the future. Some people will never understand what that means. The old guard does!

I am sorry but it makes me sick to have a sniveling, whining, crybaby (JR) man **** on someone because they have a little seniority. Is it envy? Perhaps jealousy? What ever it is you need to get past it and move on. You are the future of the Teamsters Union. That is far bigger and much more important than your self serving needs. It is not the here and now that worries me. It is what will you do with your future.

Why not change your name to "Mr. Optimist"? I have been through 4 changes of operations at our Terminal. I finally had my original hire number last year and have moved up 4 more since then. I have been with the company for 24 years. I have been a Steward for 7. I still have 24 brothers and sisters ahead of me. I will have 15 more ahead of me after the dovetail.

One thing I have learned from all of this is that guys at the top did everything they could to make it better for me coming up. They protected our work rules and the contract. They taught me Teamster loyalty. They taught me to look past the nose on my face and to see the future. Some people will never understand what that means. The old guard does!

I am sorry but it makes me sick to have a sniveling, whining, crybaby (JR) man **** on someone because they have a little seniority. Is it envy? Perhaps jealousy? What ever it is you need to get past it and move on. You are the future of the Teamsters Union. That is far bigger and much more important than your self serving "here and now" needs. It is not the here and now that worries me. What worries me is what will you do with your future.

I am sorry but it makes me sick to have a sniveling, whining, crybaby (JR) man **** on someone because they have a little seniority. Is it envy? Perhaps jealousy? What ever it is you need to get past it and move on. You are the future of the Teamsters Union. That is far bigger and much more important than your self serving "here and now" needs. It is not the here and now that worries me. What worries me is what will you do with your future.

I agree with you on several points. But the "self serving here and now?" Most of us JR men are just trying to save our homes. Not working means not enough money coming in to do that. I don't know about you but I have only made one yes one run since aug 29th. I an at the very bottom of the board. RDWY has a 30 man board. I know not all will come over. And some at YELL will retire. But that still pust me at the bottom of a 120 man board. Right now I am about 99. What does that tell you? It tells me that I am up crap creek with no boat or paddle. I am just trying to stay aflot. Put in my two years to get to the good stuff. Now it looks like it will be two or more years before I get to the good stuff. Like I have said in the past Cut Us JRS a little slack. PLEASE.

Just deal with it!!

HERE IS A FACT THAT YOU ALL SEEM TO FORGET. IT DON'T MATTER WHICH COMPANY YOU WORK FOR WE ARE ALL TEAMSTERS.
THATS ONE OF THE REASONS THE UNION IS SO WEAK THE UNITY AMONG THE DRIVERS IS GONE.
WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING HERE AND THAT IS TO STAY IN BUSINESS.
SO LETS STOP ALL THE ARGUING AND START ACTING LIKE TEAMSTERS AND ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS COMPANY THE BEST.:deal::deal:

HERE IS A FACT THAT YOU ALL SEEM TO FORGET. IT DON'T MATTER WHICH COMPANY YOU WORK FOR WE ARE ALL TEAMSTERS.
THATS ONE OF THE REASONS THE UNION IS SO WEAK THE UNITY AMONG THE DRIVERS IS GONE.
WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING HERE AND THAT IS TO STAY IN BUSINESS.
SO LETS STOP ALL THE ARGUING AND START ACTING LIKE TEAMSTERS AND ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS COMPANY THE BEST.:deal::deal:

I could not agree more. We are all brothers and sisters. It will take us all working together to keep this ship aflot.

There is no such thing as Yellow or Roadway any longer. As of October 1st, it is YellowRoadway Corp. If he wants proof, tell him to go to the YRCW website.

i have direct deposit and as of 10-23-08 my deposit description is now yrc.........not yellow transport.......you are right........