Yellow | Could you guys be bigger babies!

Right there is the reason I think this board is going downhill . Talk about trying to start a fight !! I liked it better before the boards where merge.

I am not trying to pick a fight. I am just pointing out the backwards thinking of some RDWY employees. And I ask again Why does it matter what they call it? Yes I used some harsh words. Sorry for that. But sometimes you have to spank a child to get him or her to do the right thing even when they don't want to. I am not calling you children. It is just an analogy. All of you say Rdwy was a debt free co. Than why did Yellow corp buy them out?

do we have to give everybody a history lesson about 'roadway services' and 'caliber' and how they had to raise cash by selling roadway package express to fedex to cover the 'caliber' debacle?

or how they spun off roadway express to wither and die and they didn't?

or how they they spun off viking and central too?

or how cole's and spartan died on arrival? (i lit up a cigar on cole's demise)

who gives a rat's *** about the finances of the companies before they were one.

THE BIG HURDLE LIES IN FRONT OF US.

so don't take your eyes off the prize.

how many of you guys could afford internet access to whine and snivel if we go under?

Damn, man! You just hit a home run. This is the best post I have read in months. You nailed it in four simple paragraphs. This is exactly the management philosophy at Yellow. Sad but true...

gee it sounds the same here @roadway!!! WE MUST all work for the same company.....what ever happened to taking care of the customers freight, and treating it like your own, how about "high and tight" ? and the most important of all...what about service???? it all fell by the wayside to get those "numbers"....screw the numbers....let's do what we all do best.... MOVE FREIGHT....the g-man

Roadway drivers I have a question.Who is the owner? Yellow or RDWY?Is Roadways stock up 40%?Either CO laying off.Reason for this A poster on an other site keeps saying things like this and if you respond with a neg.quote he wants proof.
I just like to get more than one point of view. Thanks.

Roadway drivers I have a question.Who is the owner? Yellow or RDWY?Is Roadways stock up 40%?Either CO laying off.Reason for this A poster on an other site keeps saying things like this and if you respond with a neg.quote he wants proof.

This might shed a little light on the subject. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YRC Worldwide (NASDAQ: YRCW) is a Fortune 500 company based in Overland Park, Kansas. It is one of the largest transportation and logistics providers in the world.

YRC Worldwide was first known as the Yellow Corporation when the company, in 1992, created a parent company, with Yellow Transportation, Inc. as its largest division. In 2003, Yellow Corporation purchased Roadway Express becoming Yellow Roadway Corporation. Due to the many different divisions of the company and the recent purchase of USF in 2005, in 2006 Yellow Roadway Corporation changed its name to its current name YRC Worldwide, Inc..

The brands that now make up YRC Worldwide, Inc. include Yellow Transportation, Roadway Express, Reimer Express, USF Holland, USF Glen Moore. USF Reddaway, New Penn (All USF companies including New Penn Motor Express are part of YRC Regional Transportation) and YRC Logistics. YRC Worldwide employs around 70,000 people.

There is no such thing as Yellow or Roadway any longer. As of October 1st, it is YellowRoadway Corp. If he wants proof, tell him to go to the YRCW website.

[/IMG]
I am not trying to pick a fight. I am just pointing out the backwards thinking of some RDWY employees. And I ask again Why does it matter what they call it? Yes I used some harsh words. Sorry for that. But sometimes you have to spank a child to get him or her to do the right thing even when they don't want to. I am not calling you children. It is just an analogy. All of you say Rdwy was a debt free co. Than why did Yellow corp buy them out?

It is their nature, Resistance is futile, like a fat catfish in a piranha infested Amazon river!

Who cares which comes first? If it means so much to you RDWY guys then you can be first. I could not care less what they call it. As long as they work me and the check keeps clearing. I have been in this buss as 16 years. Not a long time for some but a very long time for others. I always thought the saying " The differince between a baby and a truck driver is that the baby will quit crying after a while." was just BS. But I guess I was wrong. If you are so well off that all you have to ***** about is the name on you check than you are working to much. Take a few months without one of thoes checks and see how much your attitude changes. Some of you RDWY guys should ask you managment why they let Yellow Corp buy them out. I read an artical that both companies thought that they would last longer together than apart. Neither company wanted to be the next CF. Get over yourselvs you are just truck drivers. As much as you would like to think that the world revoles around you I am here to reminde you IT DOESN'T!
Remember, this is my opinion-
I have spared at Yellow. Wow what an experience. Rude people! Union meetings, even worse. Running the road, most dont even have a CB radio to make fun of. And now, lets face it, Big R/N.P. are keeping the S.S. YRC afloat. We dont care for you and vice versa. Unfortunately here we are, ONCE AGAIN, Merged and hatin' it. At least I do. Sorry Bro-
Most guys I talk to feel the same.

Remember, this is my opinion-
I have spared at Yellow. Wow what an experience. Rude people! Union meetings, even worse. Running the road, most dont even have a CB radio to make fun of. And now, lets face it, Big R/N.P. are keeping the S.S. YRC afloat. We dont care for you and vice versa. Unfortunately here we are, ONCE AGAIN, Merged and hatin' it. At least I do. Sorry Bro-
Most guys I talk to feel the same.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. We seem to get along just fine here. It is different in every city I am sure. I have known most of the Big R guys here for 30+ years. Most of us have worked together for other truck lines and warehouses and such.

I have to echo 222lifer. Here in Okc we seem to get along pretty good. I don't know any of the RDWY guys hell I really don't know many of the YELL guys. But I see them running together talking on the CBs and eating in the same places. I can respect a mans loyalty to his co. But like the old saying "Times they are a changin". We all work for the same co. now. YRC Inc. Is it just me or is that name redundant? Dosen't the C stand for Corp or Incorparated?

I have to echo 222lifer. Here in Okc we seem to get along pretty good. I don't know any of the RDWY guys hell I really don't know many of the YELL guys. But I see them running together talking on the CBs and eating in the same places. I can respect a mans loyalty to his co. But like the old saying "Times they are a changin". We all work for the same co. now. YRC Inc. Is it just me or is that name redundant? Dosen't the C stand for Corp or Incorparated?

I'm thinking that they want the YRC to catch on, like UPS, ABF or FedEX. And I agree, the Roadway guys that I worked around were all friends of mine. Some of us had worked together at another company that went down after deregulation.

I think if you take a closer look, these men who "hate the merger", are really hating the "uncertainity" and the "unkown" of what is to going to happen to them and their job, and of the coming changes , and not really the color of the shirt that other guy is wearing....

The unertainity and the unknown can breed big fears, and stir up mis-directed hatred.

I think if you take a closer look, these men who "hate the merger", are really hating the "uncertainity" and the "unkown" of what is to going to happen to them and their job, and of the coming changes , and not really the color of the shirt that other guy is wearing....

The unertainity and the unknown can breed big fears, and stir up mis-directed hatred.

Damm Bluemule that was "HEAVY" but you know I think you hit the nail on the head congrats !

What no one seems to realize is that the merger is designed to do 2 things.
First....
Streamline the operations to be more efficient and maximize capacity.

Second...
to thin out the ranks. The proposal estimates to eliminate roughly 15,000 employees. This will decrease payroll and overhead, but more importantly, cut down on YRC's pension and healthcare contributions. In a nutshell, this could put all our pensions and healthcare in jeopardy.

I hear too many rumors at Bloomington. Sad that people are so negative. Lets do what we do best... what we do the best... Freight! If we don't care, the company wont make it

I have to echo 222lifer. Here in Okc we seem to get along pretty good. I don't know any of the RDWY guys hell I really don't know many of the YELL guys. But I see them running together talking on the CBs and eating in the same places. I can respect a mans loyalty to his co. But like the old saying "Times they are a changin". We all work for the same co. now. YRC Inc. Is it just me or is that name redundant? Dosen't the C stand for Corp or Incorparated?[/QUO
You started the thread!!!!!!!!
Read what you wrote in the beginning. Now you say we all get along? Get some help!:chairshot: