FedEx Freight | CRW Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know Insane, wages in your neck of the woods may be "fine". But some of us are at an increasing disadvantage to the competition.

Wanna recap of my area wages?
UPSF: $27.10
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68

Tell me again, Insane, how well paid we are... I might love my job, but we used to be at the top of that list! True!
The only two of that bunch to get time and a half are UPSF and FedEx.

Oh ya your funny and I'm serious. I want to know what happened to the job (I did as always to the best of my ability) and benefits I was supposed to have when I turned in that application. When a vice president of operations looks you in the eyes and says, don't worry that's not going away, you tend to believe it. Wanting something in writing after having so many things change on you should not be so terrible. I'm having a hard time believing "we're sorry we've made mistakes but we're gonna work on them". Their first shot at that would have been with the cost of our health insurance but it still went up.

Tell me what in the time you've worked here or were working here was taken from us in form of compensation nothing. On the health care not how about Google/safari or however you want to look up, why health insurance is on the rise in America. After you do that get back to me and let me know what you found out.

Some guys act like we don't get payed well. Unbelievable how out of touch with the real world some people are.
And some guys know we are paid very well. They must be the fortunate ones living in the real world. Maybe to them it's more about health insurance and having something affordable even after you retire. How about just a little bit more for these young ones to retire with in 15 or 20 years. There are a lot of yes guys out there that know the only benefits would go to the younger employees who might be able to retire before they are 70+. I would rather be a part of, I could so I did, than I could have and I should have, but I didn't. It is great that you care more about the shareholders (myself included) and the managers of this multi billion dollar corporation than you do the thousands of employees out there.

And some guys know we are paid very well. They must be the fortunate ones living in the real world. Maybe to them it's more about health insurance and having something affordable even after you retire. How about just a little bit more for these young ones to retire with in 15 or 20 years. There are a lot of yes guys out there that know the only benefits would go to the younger employees who might be able to retire before they are 70+. I would rather be a part of, I could so I did, than I could have and I should have, but I didn't. It is great that you care more about the shareholders (myself included) and the managers of this multi billion dollar corporation than you do the thousands of employees out there.
Having FedEx around for them to retire from should be a major consideration. Look at all of the union carriers that have gone bankrupt because of the "Leechsters" I mean teamsters.

You've negotiated directly with the company since they hired you.
I don't get you guys at all.
14 who followed thru.
I respect that.

We have 3 who voted yes and I'll take that as 3 we never had. A bunch who voted yes in the losses too.
I call it-Teamsters ahead.
More bad math by the teamsters. Lol

The only two of that bunch to get time and a half are UPSF and FedEx.
Still, it takes over 46.5 hours (including that O/T you speak of) to reach the break even point with Conway.

We used to make more than all of those companies PLUS we got overtime over 40/8. Another true Fact.

Still, it takes over 46.5 hours (including that O/T you speak of) to reach the break even point with Conway.

We used to make more than all of those companies PLUS we got overtime over 40/8. Another true Fact.
Strange that we have hired some Conway drivers at my barn in the last year or so. Maybe it's not as rosy over there as you seem to think.

Oh ya your funny and I'm serious. I want to know what happened to the job (I did as always to the best of my ability) and benefits I was supposed to have when I turned in that application. When a vice president of operations looks you in the eyes and says, don't worry that's not going away, you tend to believe it. Wanting something in writing after having so many things change on you should not be so terrible. I'm having a hard time believing "we're sorry we've made mistakes but we're gonna work on them". Their first shot at that would have been with the cost of our health insurance but it still went up.
Just curious, what "so many changes" are you referring to that you "want in writing"? I just looked through my employee handbook again today and I didn't see where "so many changes" have been made.

Tell me what in the time you've worked here or were working here was taken from us in form of compensation nothing. On the health care not how about Google/safari or however you want to look up, why health insurance is on the rise in America. After you do that get back to me and let me know what you found out.
Been doing this for 35+ years and health insurance like everything else has always gone up. But never did my premiums (when I had to pay a portion) rise and my coverage fall. I believe they could do better for us and you don't. There is no right answer because neither one of us know what the true cost is. All I know is the amount the company put out for their portion this year (it is on your check stub mid december I believe, thank you affordable care act) was less than the company paid portion 7 or 8 years ago (last time it showed on previous check stubs) and the coverage now is terribly inferior. If they don't do anything now and they keep passing the increases on to us without us doing anything more than complaining, imagine how much they will push on to us while showing record profits.

Just curious, what "so many changes" are you referring to that you "want in writing"? I just looked through my employee handbook again today and I didn't see where "so many changes" have been made.
Just wondering how you compare my employee handbook with your employee hand book ? Is that why I haven't seen a new employee handbook for a few years ? Do you have it ? Because I've had to look up everything on the intranet.

You've negotiated directly with the company since they hired you.
I don't get you guys at all.
14 who followed thru.
I respect that.

We have 3 who voted yes and I'll take that as 3 we never had. A bunch who voted yes in the losses too.
I call it-Teamsters ahead.
They only have 38 drivers....they only needed 30% cards signed (about 12 drivers) to have an election....about 30% voted yes (14 drivers).
Really, what did you expect to happen?

Just wondering how you compare my employee handbook with your employee hand book ? Is that why I haven't seen a new employee handbook for a few years ? Do you have it ? Because I've had to look up everything on the intranet.
Mine is dated 2011 and there's very few changes from then till now.
Again, just curious what "so many changes" you're referring to?

These guys only respect you if you agree with them. I think it is pretty clear that the majority of the drivers at FedEx Freight do not want the union. Respect the vote !

Out of 300+ centers, have you talk to at least 75% of the eligible drivers and got that? Or are you just throwing things against the wall to see if they stick?

Ok I'll take the bait. You negociate every day when you show up at your bid time or when called. Then you negotiate when you do your job to the best of your ability. People have been doing this for centuries and never needed a third party to speak for them. Best advice come to work do what is expected of you safely and go home.

With all due respect, don't be stupid....Don't think we are either...We went down this road before Red...You get what they give...period, point blank!

Status
Not open for further replies.