FedEx Freight | CRW Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of 300+ centers, have you talk to at least 75% of the eligible drivers and got that? Or are you just throwing things against the wall to see if they stick?
300+ centers that haven't petitioned for union representation. The few that have petitioned have had the great majority of the votes pulled by the union for lack of support, not to mention the outright no votes at most of the others. The numbers back his view. Do the math.

Realistic math.
3 companies are now Fedex.
All were nonunion.
3 whole terminals voted YES for IBT representation.
Plus 14 -24 is nothing but gain for us.
We're still gaining.
The company is still losing.
It used to be
Company-300+ 100% nonunion.
Teamsters-0.

They lost 3 and we gained them.
With 300+ terminals the odds say we'll gain more in time.

Realistic math.
All were nonunion.
We're still gaining.
It used to be
Teamsters-0.

Not really sure I am grasping your point............

People buy things other people dont really want at yard sales all the time.........

Realistic math.
All were nonunion.
We're still gaining.
It used to be
Teamsters-0.

I disagree...of the 3 centers that voted yes, one, (the largest of the 3), is in a RTW state....you'll get about as many members from this one center as the other two combined...which isn't saying much...and until a contract is ratified, you don't have any!

Realistic math.
All were nonunion.
We're still gaining.
It used to be
Teamsters-0.

Your math makes no sense as usual. First you don't get to claim "3 whole terminals" then claim the 14 who voted yes with out counting those who voted no at those 3 along with the withdrawals. As of right now the union is losing big time on the terminals that have petitioned, you can not say that aren't. Maybe over time you will gain more who knows. I think you will not, I don't think this movement was as ever as strong as you all thought it was.Remember a week ago WV was a lock. Personally I think the opportunity is being squandered because it will be way harder to get this going again and Fedex knows it. If anything this is and has been an eye opening experience.

Your math makes no sense as usual. First you don't get to claim "3 whole terminals" then claim the 14 who voted yes with out counting those who voted no at those 3 along with the withdrawals. As of right now the union is losing big time on the terminals that have petitioned, you can not say that aren't. Maybe over time you will gain more who knows. I think you will not, I don't think this movement was as ever as strong as you all thought it was.Remember a week ago WV was a lock. Personally I think the opportunity is being squandered because it will be way harder to get this going again and Fedex knows it. If anything this is and has been an eye opening experience.

Good points all JD. The only hairs that need splitting, would be (I think)... The movement, was strong, but apparently not strong enough to overcome the effect of the Company effort... Presumably the sudden concern with driver affairs, the listening to the issues, commitments made to correct things, etc play well to most. Most WANT to believe. They/we want to believe that, now that the Company knows the issues, they will (and want to) correct most. I say "presumably", because very little information has been shared (publicly) by the Drivers at any of the petitioning centers. The yes voting centers, the no voting centers, and the pulled election centers, all have shared very little about why, and even less about what's going on since those decisions were made... not to mention those the did have more than enough support but never did file, or those very close but unable to crack that 60% Teamster required minimum. We're left to speculate, based on the little that is known.

Good points all JD. The only hairs that need splitting, would be (I think)... The movement, was strong, but apparently not strong enough to overcome the effect of the Company effort... Presumably the sudden concern with driver affairs, the listening to the issues, commitments made to correct things, etc play well to most. Most WANT to believe. They/we want to believe that, now that the Company knows the issues, they will (and want to) correct most. I say "presumably", because very little information has been shared (publicly) by the Drivers at any of the petitioning centers. The yes voting centers, the no voting centers, and the pulled election centers, all have shared very little about why, and even less about what's going on since those decisions were made... not to mention those the did have more than enough support but never did file, or those very close but unable to crack that 60% Teamster required minimum. We're left to speculate, based on the little that is known.
But on the other side of that split hair, would be (I think)...yes, the movement "was" strong, but was apparently fueled by the emotions of the drives. I believe the majority of drivers who initially signed cards did so out of anger, frustration, or by the "story's" being told to them by the pushers who were playing off of those emotions. After the drivers had time to calm down, hear the other side of the argument, (the company's side), then had time to think about the very important decision that they had to make concerning their future, obviously most made the decision to put their faith into the company instead of the union.
As for the centers that voted NO or pulled their petitions, I believe they're done with the union. Regardless of what or what isn't happening, I believe those centers will stay the course and follow the company. As for the few that voted yes, good luck, it's going to be a hard road for a long, long time!

Mine is dated 2011 and there's very few changes from then till now.
Again, just curious what "so many changes" you're referring to?
I don't know who you're quoting there but yes changes does mean more than one. You need to go back about 2 more years to see some of the changes I'm speaking of. Do you compare 2011 with what is on the intranet right now or what ? This health insurance should be enough to get the ball rolling. I don't know about yours but mine went to crap. The limit for those plans (that would bring penalties) that the "negotiator" threw out in the anti union meeting is 18000$ per employee. Look at yours it can't be any more than mine at less than 10000$. Obama care is an excuse. The cost of running a business will always go up. Just like the rates do. How do you have great profits in a not so great environment ? Keep costs down.

Ya know Insane, wages in your neck of the woods may be "fine". But some of us are at an increasing disadvantage to the competition.

Wanna recap of my area wages?
UPSF: $27.10
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68

Tell me again, Insane, how well paid we are... I might love my job, but we used to be at the top of that list! True!
Walmart worker $10
Grocery clerk $8
Warehouse $15
Secretary $14
Fast food worker $8

See Swamp, we are paid well!! True?

Ya know Insane, wages in your neck of the woods may be "fine". But some of us are at an increasing disadvantage to the competition.

Wanna recap of my area wages?
UPSF: $27.10
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68

Tell me again, Insane, how well paid we are...
Walmart worker $10
Grocery clerk $8
Warehouse $15
Secretary $14
Fast food worker $8

See Swamp, we are paid well!! True?
benifits ?
Oh I forget these workers that are not paid a livable wage get their befits from the taxpayers
While their company's enjoy record profits and shareholder value.

Realistic math.
All were nonunion.
We're still gaining.
It used to be
Teamsters-0.

What kind of leverage for a good contract is wielded by less than one percent of the terminals being union. NONE. Those three will vote it back out.

They've been around 75 years longer than FedEx freight. And dont worry about me, a company may dissappear but the freight doesnt. Perhaps I will come take your job.
You mean you would leave your so called "perfect" union job to work for lowly FedEx. Lol

I don't know who you're quoting there but yes changes does mean more than one. You need to go back about 2 more years to see some of the changes I'm speaking of. Do you compare 2011 with what is on the intranet right now or what ? This health insurance should be enough to get the ball rolling. I don't know about yours but mine went to crap. The limit for those plans (that would bring penalties) that the "negotiator" threw out in the anti union meeting is 18000$ per employee. Look at yours it can't be any more than mine at less than 10000$. Obama care is an excuse. The cost of running a business will always go up. Just like the rates do. How do you have great profits in a not so great environment ? Keep costs down.
I was quoting the ones on here, including yourself, that were claiming that "so many" policies have changed and that they want "something in writing."
I'm saying if yes, when you compare your last employee handbook (2011) with the policies available on the intranet, you'll find that there's less than a handful of policies that have actually changed.
The last time I checked, health insurance has NEVER been mentioned in the handbook as a policy.

What kind of leverage for a good contract is wielded by less than one percent of the terminals being union. NONE. Those three will vote it back out.
I agree but unfortunately, by the time the court systems get through with CLT, it'll probably 5 years or more before we get that chance at a decertification election!

Status
Not open for further replies.