Central Transport | ct top rate ?

realtree

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm reading post that ct's top rate is 20.50 after 4 years.

Vitran drivers at allot of locations are beyond this by a few bucks

don't you think this is going to create havoc with the ct drivers?

I don't need any flat tires on my new Escalade, Well i'll let the wife

use it until the smoke clears..

yes its a lease! lol

I'm reading post that ct's top rate is 20.50 after 4 years.

Vitran drivers at allot of locations are beyond this by a few bucks

don't you think this is going to create havoc with the ct drivers?

I don't need any flat tires on my new Escalade, Well i'll let the wife

use it until the smoke clears..

yes its a lease! lol

you might as well let her drive it until you find another job.

Like I said about dovetailing, they care no more for a CT driver than they do a Vitran driver. We are all an expendable commodity. But that is the LTL business in general. My guess is they are hoping it will cause some of the undesirables to leave. I knew that they would dovetail because it made total sense...But as usual I was out numbered and chose to move on to a different topic.

It will vary by regions. Some of the CT drivers I've been talking to are hoping they merge into our terminal so they can get a $2 an hour raise. Start pay is$17.50 an neither one could tell me what top scale was. I have a felling that alot of them will be getting raises while we will stay the same.

Like I said about dovetailing, they care no more for a CT driver than they do a Vitran driver. We are all an expendable commodity. But that is the LTL business in general. My guess is they are hoping it will cause some of the undesirables to leave. I knew that they would dovetail because it made total sense...But as usual I was out numbered and chose to move on to a different topic.

Trigger Horns

The bottom line for me is this. If I'm expected to go out with 15 or more deliveries and make 10 or more pickups then I will leave. I can do that at a much better company with better pay. But if I can go out with 6 to 8 deliveries and make about the same pickups then I may stay.....I still may leave but my chances of staying are better. I can stay up with the best of them and don't mind getting after it if need be. But if I'm going to have to do a SAIA or OD work load then I want that pay....It's as simple as that.

There is nothing keeping ct from dropping pay for vitran drivers who are topped out. Regardless of what they put in print or do I cannot see a 14 cent per mile difference being paid between a topped out vitran driver and a topped out ct driver. Thats a waste of money.

There is nothing keeping ct from dropping pay for vitran drivers who are topped out. Regardless of what they put in print or do I cannot see a 14 cent per mile difference being paid between a topped out vitran driver and a topped out ct driver. Thats a waste of money.

They could raise the CT rate to equal it out and prevent the mass departure.

They could raise the CT rate to equal it out and prevent the mass departure.
Perhaps that's part of their overall agenda. To determine the best and discard the rest. Both companies have many dead beats. At first it will be mostly about your driving record, then perhaps they will look at how you carry yourself....Do they look homeless and need a bath? Then they might want to clean up a bit. I think they will try a change the perception of this company. Whether they succeed in that remains to be seen...But they have a long way to go before they become another OD.... And brothers and I mean a long, long, long, way. I think they know they could never reach that level but they could most certainly make great strides. Because when your at the bottom there is really no place to go but up.

There is a niche market for cheap low quality service just like there is for high end service.

If i am a salvage yard shipping used engines i ship ct not OD.

Only time will tell. This will play out for many months or years to come.

I do believe ct may become a high end carrier way down the road.

There is a niche market for cheap low quality service just like there is for high end service.

If i am a salvage yard shipping used engines i ship ct not OD.

Only time will tell. This will play out for many months or years to come.

I do believe ct may become a high end carrier way down the road.
They are your low cost carrier and you make a good point. One of their biggest problems is perception. If they could retire some of their junk equipment and clean up some of their drivers with some sort of dress code that would help. I swear today I was talking to one of their drivers and he smelled so bad I almost threw up...He had a CT shirt on but his hands and pants were filthy.....His teeth were decaying and it wasn't a pretty sight. Look at an OD driver and you see a clean cut professional look just like a UPS parcel driver. It will take much more than that but it's a good start.