Central Transport | customer comments

We have a bunch of them now but alot of guy wont use them.Or are not smart enough to use them......STOP STACKING FREIGHT!!!!!

everyone stacks freight (who don't have decking setups) the problem is not stacking it correctly. last week i had grass seed (which is not light) on top of GE 48 inch bulbs,,,,, well,,,, 2/3 of them survived. how did i know what was on top? by the grass seed mixed into the bulbs, so not only did they break 1/3 of the bulbs, but someone punctured the grass seed bags.....is all the stacking, NO, it is also the road banging......take a lesson from FE, get air ride trailers!!!!!!!!!

customer - "please don't tell me this one is damaged" driver - "i'm afraid it is" customer - "what's wrong with this company?"

Pallet of grass seed on top of light bulbs?????this would be ok in a air ride trailer?????STOP STACKING FREIGHT!!!!!! do a survey see how many freight claim are done by stacking incorrectly just in a week.....

Pallet of grass seed on top of light bulbs?????this would be ok in a air ride trailer?????STOP STACKING FREIGHT!!!!!! do a survey see how many freight claim are done by stacking incorrectly just in a week.....

you are taking things out of context....two separate things there..... undesirable stacking versus road shock.

take a ride in the back of a trailer around your lot once (i did this 10 years ago showing boss how much different air ride is) you would not believe how much freight actually bounces in potholes at 25 mph,,,, now think about 62 mph.
is air ride a cure, NO, some roads just cannot be smoothed out, but it sure would help.

The problem like NW said isn't stacking but proper stacking and having the correct tools.

now than the less desirable dock guys have left, our outbound linehauls looks so much better. yes things are stacked, but with less freight they have more breathing time to arrange things, so instead of take off mine and put in linehauls right away, a lot is staged looking for a desirable upper or lower skid to complete that spot. my biggest issue with stacking (besides something too heavy) is the broken skids they put on top.

walked into coustomer and what company are you here for said vitran anounced over the intercom hey late freight is here for a pick up.

my reply was yes we do .but damn it . it is the one thing we are good at . he started to laugh and gave me the freight we were only two days late to pick it up.

driver : vitran here for a pickup customer : who"s it for? do you know where it"s going? who called it in? driver : i have no idea. then i look on dock for the crappiest, smallest, most odd ball skid there and point to it saying this is probably ours here. customer : yep, you're right. lmao.

Vitran? I hate your company and never use you unless it's a customer request, you people are a prime example of what a trucking company should never be. Just get your freight and leave.

Vitran? I hate your company and never use you unless it's a customer request, you people are a prime example of what a trucking company should never be. Just get your freight and leave.

and we will make another skid becuase we know there is a 50/50 chance with you,,,,,50% it will be damaged,,,,,,50% it will get lost for a few weeks

you are taking things out of context....two separate things there..... undesirable stacking versus road shock.

take a ride in the back of a trailer around your lot once (i did this 10 years ago showing boss how much different air ride is) you would not believe how much freight actually bounces in potholes at 25 mph,,,, now think about 62 mph.
is air ride a cure, NO, some roads just cannot be smoothed out, but it sure would help.

I heard the new 53' they ordered specifically with spring ride and oil hubs even though air ride and grease hubs is standard, could be just a internet rumor but makes sense, no one I know of runs spring ride anymore except on old equip.

I heard the new 53' they ordered specifically with spring ride and oil hubs even though air ride and grease hubs is standard, could be just a internet rumor but makes sense, no one I know of runs spring ride anymore except on old equip.

prob to save hundreds on purchase, but lose thousands when in service.

these were a fleet purchase through a leasing company, and a dollar is a dollar with them people. i asked a salesman i know about the difference in price about dropping the grease hubs and air ride, his answer was maybe $250 per trailer. air ride and grease hubs are so competitive price wise because they are the standard

driver: i have a delivery customer: you are the worst delivery service out there, not you, your company. your company made two appointments. it was suppose to be here monday and then thursday, now it's friday.