FedEx Freight | Date for Cinnanimson election

Just remember to vote NO guys and girls we have a lot more to loose than gain. You may all have heard promises but just remember everything is up for negotiation.

Just remember to vote NO guys and girls we have a lot more to loose than gain. You may all have heard promises but just remember everything is up for negotiation.

Post what you have to lose by not having a collective bargaining agreement.I think you should tell us all.

Ok then at this time we have the benefits pkg that we have now. When you go into negotiations it can and probably will be negotiated down. This is a very head strong company there is not going to be a lot of give on there part. Just some food for thought.

Ok then at this time we have the benefits pkg that we have now. When you go into negotiations it can and probably will be negotiated down. This is a very head strong company there is not going to be a lot of give on there part. Just some food for thought.
You have absolutely nothing to base that on.

So how does your opinion mean anything on the fedex forum you don't even work here and you come on here spewing garbage trying to get a rise out of someone. So tell me how it's going to work then since you have a .50 crystal ball I work for fedex I know how they are.

So how does your opinion mean anything on the fedex forum you don't even work here and you come on here spewing garbage trying to get a rise out of someone. So tell me how it's going to work then since you have a .50 crystal ball I work for fedex I know how they are.
You are assuming that negotiations will go backwards. Again I say you have nothing to back up that ASSumption.

... So tell me how it's going to work then since you have a .50 crystal ball I work for fedex I know how they are.

They also know drivers are worth more than they're paying them, in this market. And they also know they've gone overboard in the numbers driven push for stockholders. They only know the latter because of the movement for representation. IMHO

How long have you worked here? I have been here almost 20 yrs and its getting worse every year. Our benefits package absolutely SUCKS!! One at our barn is retiring and he gets a whopping $9 a month!!! He can buy a whopper!! Is that the package you want?????

You are assuming that negotiations will go backwards. Again I say you have nothing to back up that ASSumption.

Need Help understanding the contract YRC pays $0 for Healthcare and about $21 hourly overtime after 40hrs ,UPS pays a little for Healthcare makes about $7 more overtime after 8hrs ,And ABF U/K Why is there different contracts?

So if you've been here 20 years you know FedEx is not going to roll over and just give us the moon. So why get a third party involved where you have a great possibility to loose benefits that is something everyone really needs to think about. Not just this great picture the union has told y'all we are going to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bus has 2 forward gears fast and slow and did mention I haven't found reverse yet so don't get behind me.

YRC ATM Can you answer my question why did you all's contract go backwards and are you Happy being a union company and now being the lowest payed LTL out there. So tell us the pro's and conns of a contract.

YRC ATM Can you answer my question why did you all's contract go backwards and are you Happy being a union company and now being the lowest payed LTL out there. So tell us the pro's and conns of a contract.
I am not YRC ATM but I know how good their health insurance is and trust me it makes up for their wage. You need to take everything into consideration.

Let me grab this one. I frequently talk to a YRC guy in my area. He won't be around to debate this after June of next year because while all of us FXF guys are still working, he will collecting roughly 3,200 a month sitting on a beach. In the meantime, he pays ZERO for health benefits, I pay 320 a month now with a newly added MIDDLE FINGER from FXF that penalizes anybody that has the same person treated a third time in the emergency room, cough up an extra $500 on top of the 30% I have to pay for all the bills. YRC pays hardly anything for a hospital visit. Yes they took a 15% pay cut, VOTED on and AGREED to by the drivers to help save the company that had bad management and bad luck with debt purchasing around the time the economy crapped one. The union does not run the company, the management runs the company. They have a pension that was reduced at YRC, but still destroys our glorified savings account. Been told they are making about $21.50 an hour. I make $24.93 an hour. When you take out 80 a week for medical versus 0, that's 2 bucks an hour. So now I technically make $22.93 an hour. I have piles of medical bills for hospital visits, dental visits, prescriptions that cost $70 for my wife. That all comes out of my check, at YRC it is nowhere near that. Also, I can fired on a whim because I am "at will". YRC drivers have a sense of job security. So everybody do me a favor. When you hear these guys CONSTANTLY bring up YRC to undermine the union, remember to bring up UPS to them immediately. They are at $33 an hour and by the end of their current contract will be close to $37 an hour. Tremendous benefits, and they don't pay a dime for them. AND a pension. So everytime they say YRC, you say UPS.

Or we can have my buddy from Verizon debate the union with you while dangling his check in front of you. $38.65 an hour right now. You think they make that because Verizon loves its employees? No, that is the UNION that got them that wage. Otherwise they would be making chump change like most of the Comcast guys make. We are not going backwards, we are not starting from zero in negotiations. Ever try to buy a car starting at zero? You start at the sticker price. You say low, dealer says high. Back and forth, a NEGOTIATION. Not backing FXF into a corner, not letting them steamroll us anymore. A fair and balanced AGREEMENT between Employees and Employer. A CONTRACT. Something in writing that is black and white. Not promises and sudden changes that can easily be brought back as soon as the threat of unionization goes away.

Um well you need more info son. Yrc makes more on the hour than us AFTER THE GIVE BACKS!! Now we make more on mile than them. I can guarantee they don't pay as much for insurance as we do. If they pay anything at all.

Question for you. What kind of insurance we have when we retire? Answer NOTHING!!! Guess what union guys do.

I started my union push for job security, but the more research I do the more frustrated I get with this company,

Do some research, and stop reading that purple promises anti union pamphlet!

So if you've been here 20 years you know FedEx is not going to roll over and just give us the moon. So why get a third party involved where you have a great possibility to loose benefits that is something everyone really needs to think about. Not just this great picture the union has told y'all we are going to get.

They are already rolling over just from what has happened already. Are you really dumb enough to believe they took the scorecard away cause it was unfair to the drivers?? Or that you got a bonus check all of a sudden cause they found this extra money??? Or that you are getting a steak dinner cause they love your work??? WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all because they are scared of the union!!!!!!