FedEx Freight | Date for Cinnanimson election

Let me grab this one. I frequently talk to a YRC guy in my area. He won't be around to debate this after June of next year because while all of us FXF guys are still working, he will collecting roughly 3,200 a month sitting on a beach. In the meantime, he pays ZERO for health benefits, I pay 320 a month now with a newly added MIDDLE FINGER from FXF that penalizes anybody that has the same person treated a third time in the emergency room, cough up an extra $500 on top of the 30% I have to pay for all the bills. YRC pays hardly anything for a hospital visit. Yes they took a 15% pay cut, VOTED on and AGREED to by the drivers to help save the company that had bad management and bad luck with debt purchasing around the time the economy crapped one. The union does not run the company, the management runs the company. They have a pension that was reduced at YRC, but still destroys our glorified savings account. Been told they are making about $21.50 an hour. I make $24.93 an hour. When you take out 80 a week for medical versus 0, that's 2 bucks an hour. So now I technically make $22.93 an hour. I have piles of medical bills for hospital visits, dental visits, prescriptions that cost $70 for my wife. That all comes out of my check, at YRC it is nowhere near that. Also, I can fired on a whim because I am "at will". YRC drivers have a sense of job security. So everybody do me a favor. When you hear these guys CONSTANTLY bring up YRC to undermine the union, remember to bring up UPS to them immediately. They are at $33 an hour and by the end of their current contract will be close to $37 an hour. Tremendous benefits, and they don't pay a dime for them. AND a pension. So everytime they say YRC, you say UPS.
Maybe you should have been saving money for a rainy day. Your wife gets sick and it's the fault of the company because you can't pay 70 a month for meds? I bet you spend 5 times that between your cell phone and cable bill.

Need Help understanding the contract YRC pays $0 for Healthcare and about $21 hourly overtime after 40hrs ,UPS pays a little for Healthcare makes about $7 more overtime after 8hrs ,And ABF U/K Why is there different contracts?
Ups only pays a little for medical. Yea if you think 143 a month is a little.

Need Help understanding the contract YRC pays $0 for Healthcare and about $21 hourly overtime after 40hrs ,UPS pays a little for Healthcare makes about $7 more overtime after 8hrs ,And ABF U/K Why is there different contracts?
Different contracts because they are different companies. Fedex would have their own contract too. And yrc gets overtime after 8 as well.

YRC ATM Can you answer my question why did you all's contract go backwards and are you Happy being a union company and now being the lowest payed LTL out there. So tell us the pro's and conns of a contract.
We had to go backwards to bring us down to where you guys are. It would probably take another giveback to even us out with you but we would still be better off with the work rules.

The one reason FXF is against the Union is because it will cost them money. You don't have to worry about losing money, you'll only do better. If FXF thought they could get more from you they wouldn't be against the Union.

Ups only pays a little for medical. Yea if you think 143 a month is a little.

That would be for the "cadilac" plan. Compared to our "supposed" premium plan, 143/mo IS VERY LITTLE. They also have a zero cost option that is better than out "premium" plan, I do believe.

Ok thanks for the info but everyone wants the ups and Verizon contract but if YRC and ABF are union and they cant get it you think we can ?

i guess you failed to mention ups doesnt cover spouses on their insurance plans anymore either so all you drivers with wives that dont work will have to go sign up for OBAMA CARE hahahahahhaha VOTE NO AND KEEP THE UNION OUT

No sir. UPS doesn't cover spouses anymore if they HAVE INSURANCE THROUGH THEIR JOB. If no other insurance available, they are still covered by UPS insurance plan. Get your facts straight. Try actually talking to these guys before posting half truths. See you at the union hall.

How long have you worked here? I have been here almost 20 yrs and its getting worse every year. Our benefits package absolutely SUCKS!! One at our barn is retiring and he gets a whopping $9 a month!!! He can buy a whopper!! Is that the package you want?????

I would be embarrassed if I was the man that started this company what a joke.

i guess you failed to mention ups doesnt cover spouses on their insurance plans anymore either so all you drivers with wives that dont work will have to go sign up for OBAMA CARE hahahahahhaha VOTE NO AND KEEP THE UNION OUT

Made yourself look like an ass there, didn't ya? LMFAO! That only applies to non union workers within the company, whose spouses are employed and have insurance available through their employers. Yet another benefit of a contract.

They are already rolling over just from what has happened already. Are you really dumb enough to believe they took the scorecard away cause it was unfair to the drivers?? Or that you got a bonus check all of a sudden cause they found this extra money??? Or that you are getting a steak dinner cause they love your work??? WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all because they are scared of the union!!!!!!

AND my SCM says if there is money left over after todays BBQ we will get ice cream on Friday! Ice Cream **** YEAH!

NO vote for me.

AND my SCM says if there is money left over after todays BBQ we will get ice cream on Friday! Ice Cream **** YEAH!

NO vote for me.

ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry fellas! If they have a cookout then a picnic, and then have ICE CREAM you can forget about me! Hell for ice cream I'll walk around with a union sucks shirt on! ICE CREAM MAN!!!!!

LMAO I guess this is where I say I'm being sarcastic before my manager reads this and there's a 1980's van with a freezer in the back playing annoying music rolling around the yard Friday handing out free ice cream!
But if there is I'm gonna be a nutty buddy eatin S.O.B.!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty ignorant post. Stay uneducated