Yellow | Dec 31st shutting the doors rumor?

ilikeit said:
There are those who have been predicting and waiting for years for a YRC failure. Sorry, but you'll be buried long before that ever happens :biggrin:

Now thats funny! Of course YRC isnt going anywhere,they just arent real competition anymore. Its already failed.

Oh no, that's a heck of a thing to say on Christmas Eve!! :732:

Yes it is, you can sure tell the ones that only care about themselves. They hope YRCW will go out of business so they might get a better run or more hours. One thing for sure never in my life time have I ever seen a ltl company hang in there like YRCW. Now a new CEO at the helm that is suppose to be a sharp cookie. I have learned that they can really make a difference. So for those hoping to see YRC close the doors the first of the year. Please don't hold your breath.

ABF Salesman told me that FedEx was redesigning all of their packaging effective the beginning of next year. It will all be streamlined and rounded on top to provide lift as the driver tosses it towards the house. There will be additional packaging on the bottom and edges of the boxes. Customers will be subject to additional charges if they fail to use this engineered packaging to cover the extra damages.

Happy Holidays

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Had a Fedex freight drive tell me their sales force has informed him that we’ll cease operation at year’s end.
Any truth to this rumor?
FedEx has been spreading that BS for years. Every time we went into contract talks the fedex salespukes were out in force. "Union carriers are going on strike! You better switch now while we can handle your freight!" They send their brainwashed pilots, er I mean drivers out with the same line of crap. The only person dumber than a FedEx driver is a FedEx salesman.

slim66 said:
FedEx has been spreading that BS for years. Every time we went into contract talks the fedex salespukes were out in force. "Union carriers are going on strike! You better switch now while we can handle your freight!" They send their brainwashed pilots, er I mean drivers out with the same line of crap. The only person dumber than a FedEx driver is a FedEx salesman.

Have you ever expressed your opinion from anywhere other than behind your monitor? I guess its kind of like the BS the Union spreads about organizing Fedex isnt it? I guess you havent seen the last quarters earnings for Fedex Freight have you? Yep,they are all real dumb!

Yes it is, you can sure tell the ones that only care about themselves. They hope YRCW will go out of business so they might get a better run or more hours. One thing for sure never in my life time have I ever seen a ltl company hang in there like YRCW. Now a new CEO at the helm that is suppose to be a sharp cookie. I have learned that they can really make a difference. So for those hoping to see YRC close the doors the first of the year. Please don't hold your breath.

Sorry for the confusion! I’m an YRC driver and have been for over 12 years. I was just relating as to what I heard. I realize its Christmas Eve but besides that as you can see as to my posting history I don’t indulge in this type of banter often. However as for more hours or a better run. I do what is told and never ask for favors or favoritism. Additionally I’m strictly an 8 and gate man.
Thanks for the positive response and I wish you and yours a very Merry CHRISTmas

Sorry for the confusion! I’m an YRC driver and have been for over 12 years. I was just relating as to what I heard. I realize its Christmas Eve but besides that as you can see as to my posting history I don’t indulge in this type of banter often. However as for more hours or a better run. I do what is told and never ask for favors or favoritism. Additionally I’m strictly an 8 and gate man.
Thanks for the positive response and I wish you and yours a very Merry CHRISTmas

I understand I only wish the best for you and all YRC. Good Luck, Merry Christmas, and God Bless us all in the trucking industry...

Merry Christmas to and yours skeeter, must say your reply was probably the most intelligent response on here, never seen so many people post (Gloom and Doom). You would think whether you are Union or Non-union that the children would try to at least get along. I have friends and family on both sides but I sure don't feed on someone elses misfortune.

In the interest of full diclosure I used to work for FXF but am now employed by a subsidiary of YRCW and wish the best to parent company so I keep my job but doesn't this rumor start every time there is a 3 day holiday and all drivers are basically in off the road with the gates locked for the weekend. I mean man there has to be some better rumors. I like the one where all the FXF drivers are being let go and the FXE planes are now gonna be air dropping all packages in a carpet bombing style pattern at beginning of next year. They will make millions I also here that aol will be taking all their claims calls and if you have ever tried to get a hold of aol you know this too will save millions. Absolutely brilliant. Merry Christmas to all.:sadwavey:

Have you ever expressed your opinion from anywhere other than behind your monitor? I guess its kind of like the BS the Union spreads about organizing Fedex isnt it? I guess you havent seen the last quarters earnings for Fedex Freight have you? Yep,they are all real dumb!

Sorry but I don't need a monitor to hide behind. Why, you gonna toss one on my porch? I let you purple pukes know what I think when I see you on the street spreading bs rumors. You guys have done it for years. And everytime we are in contract talks. Funny, I don't see the same driver again. Some big turnover rate there. Wonder why that is?

To all YRC drivers Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May you guys keep going for many more years. From a Fed Ex Freight road driver

Last edited by a moderator:
slim66 said:
Sorry but I don't need a monitor to hide behind. Why, you gonna toss one on my porch? I let you purple pukes know what I think when I see you on the street spreading bs rumors. You guys have done it for years. And everytime we are in contract talks. Funny, I don't see the same driver again. Some big turnover rate there. Wonder why that is?

I think you over estimate how much the competition gives a crap about what YRC does. Your your not even in the same league as FXF. Most customers arent interested in their freight taking 4 days to move 3 states over. You keep telling them what you think though,Im sure they are happy to listen!

freds house boy said:
To all YRC drivers Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May you guys keep going for many more years. From a Fed Ex Freight road driver

Thats nice of you,Im sure Slim appreciates the sentiment.

In addition, FedEx will be offering to pay premium wages to former newspaper delivery boys who can prove they could fling a folded newspaper onto the roof of a house.

Peyton Manning needs to practice his arm strength to get his $28 million bonus from the Colts. He's currently not practicing, but reportedly is healed, and back to 90% strength. Give him a call, I need him strong next year.

I could see it as a new commercial now!!!!! "Pitch that Freight! Pitch that Freight!!!"

Rumors like that are best left go, not repeated etc. IF YRC shuts their doors there will be no advance notice.
Happy Holidays.

When Preston was owned by Yellow (but NOT- according to the Courts), and closed- we drivers never were told until the CUSTOMERS told us. It was on a Monday. Preston had worked all weekend- I left Monday morning with 17 stops. At my third stop- the customer asked why I was there since he had an Email the previous Saturday from Yellow telling him that we were closed. I called dispatch, and the phone just rung for minutes and minutes and minutes. Since I had rejected frieght that could not be worked around no matter what- I returned to the terminal on my own and found out that -yes- we were closed.

Drivers will get No Notice IF it ever happens. Companies will not take chances on their freight or equipment being destroyed....

I think you over estimate how much the competition gives a crap about what YRC does. Your your not even in the same league as FXF. Most customers arent interested in their freight taking 4 days to move 3 states over. You keep telling them what you think though,Im sure they are happy to listen!
Actually I work for Holland. And trust me, FXF isn't even close to being in the same sport as Holland.

slim66 said:
Actually I work for Holland. And trust me, FXF isn't even close to being in the same sport as Holland.

Pleeeeze....do you serve all 50 states....hmmm...no you dont. I will say that Holland is the greatest tragedy out of this YRC mess. You guys used to be the cock o' the walk,not now that they sucked you dry. I will say I never met a Holland driver I didnt like,good fellas. At least the guys that have been there a while,they will hire anybody now.