Yellow | December 2008 Unofficial YRCW Ballot Survey Poll

The only job security we have is the ability to get up every day and do something.
Union, Non-union, it doesn't matter. If we lose our jobs one thing is for sure, life will be a bit tougher for a while, but who knows some of us may find others jobs that we would enjoy just as much. I am a third generation Teamster freight hauler and hate to see this happening, BUT, I know that my Father, both Grandfathers and myself have done our part to make Union lines as competitive as possible. I'm voting NO and hopeing for the best.

My fear is they'll take our money, then do a country swap on us.

YRCW, headquartered in Beijing, China, announced today it was closing all union subsidiaries in the US, citing the need for more streamlined operations. Its regional and LTL divisions have been closed and the freight reassigned to its non union USF subsidiaries. The IBT, in a morning press release denounced YRCW's actions saying it puts them beyond the effective reach of the IBT to collect pension monies for these Teamsters earned, but not yet paid, by YRCW. Teamster President Hoffa said it was shameful that YRCW would do this to all its Teamster freight members and acknowledged this means the aside from benefits provided by government intervention, the Teamsters would be shafted. Hoffa lamented how the pay cuts taken by the Freight Teamsters in 2009 actually supported YRCW's global retreat. He then confirmed he would be retiring with a full Teamster paid pension for his many years of dedicated service.

This is a perception not a real press release !!!

I think I understand...

I believe Waggs is trying to tell us to stop speculating until we see the proposals...If this wasn't your intention, Waggs, sorry to put words in your mouth...I still liked the post!:woot:

We have run through the scenarios. Now its time to look at the reality. Hopefully its a real offer. A real offer can take many forms.

It can be of a specified duration.
It could involve a cut from upper management down to us.
It could involve all YRCW companies. (ie nonunion)
It could involve offering stock for the wage cut.
It could be a very small % of our wages.

I am not so unrealistic that I can't see they are in trouble. My question is whether the help they are asking is reasonable. If I don't think they are fair in what they ask, I'll vote No. They can improve the offer next month and I'd reconsider based on its merits. When they come to me, asking for my money, it should be hat in hand, not with a big stick. The above will determine my vote more than anything else. I am a dedicated employee, I love my employer and I love my job. I do however expect to be treated like a man and not a fool.

We have run through the scenarios. Now its time to look at the reality. Hopefully its a real offer. A real offer can take many forms.

I am not so unrealistic that I can't see they are in trouble. My question is whether the help they are asking is reasonable. If I don't think they are fair in what they ask, I'll vote No. They can improve the offer next month and I'd reconsider based on its merits. When they come to me, asking for my money, it should be hat in hand, not with a big stick. The above will determine my vote more than anything else. I am a dedicated employee, I love my employer and I love my job. I do however expect to be treated like a man and not a fool.

And it could be if you don't, we'll close, but I would imagine the IBT will take care of that for them. Seeings as they won't let any paticulers out it ain't looking good. :wtflol:

how would you people like to be in our shoes NEW PENN was the best in the buisness no disrespect intended now we are in this boat with all of you so just let me say GOOD LUCK

Good luck brother

how would you people like to be in our shoes NEW PENN was the best in the buisness no disrespect intended now we are in this boat with all of you so just let me say GOOD LUCK

You're right detour, you guys are in the same boat and to you my brother I say Good Luck. I think we are all just overwhelmed with it all right now:TR10driving03:

My fear is they'll take our money, then do a country swap on us.

YRCW, headquartered in Beijing, China, announced today it was closing all union subsidiaries in the US, citing the need for more streamlined operations. Its regional and LTL divisions have been closed and the freight reassigned to its non union USF subsidiaries. The IBT, in a morning press release denounced YRCW's actions saying it puts them beyond the effective reach of the IBT to collect pension monies for these Teamsters earned, but not yet paid, by YRCW. Teamster President Hoffa said it was shameful that YRCW would do this to all its Teamster freight members and acknowledged this means the aside from benefits provided by government intervention, the Teamsters would be shafted. Hoffa lamented how the pay cuts taken by the Freight Teamsters in 2009 actually supported YRCW's global retreat. He then confirmed he would be retiring with a full Teamster paid pension for his many years of dedicated service.

This is a perception not a real press release !!!

Don't give them any ideas. Customer service is being considered for a move to India already as we speak. No need to push the envelope.

I was at my meeting yesterday. The bottom line is that this is not an offer. It is an ultimatum from the bank. There is a definite closure in store for us (by mid January) if the bank and YRC do not get a yes vote.

Some specifics.......
It is 10% reduction across the board for all YRCW employees. From top to bottom, including YRC Logistics and Glenn Moore. Rank & File members are giving 10% from wages only. All others are giving 10% of their total compensation, including but not limited to, wages, health care, pension, bonuses and raises.

We will be offered 15% equity stake in the company in the form of stock warrants (similar to options),valued at roughly $8.7 million, with a fixed price effective Dec 31. We can exercise the warrant as soon as 1/1/10, and the warrants expire after 18 years.

There is a fixed time frame (the remainder of the contract) and then we will snap back to pre-existing wages as defined in the contract.

A complete summary of the plan, and explanation of the stock warrants can be found at these 2 links from the IBT Website.
http://www.teamster.org/uploadedFiles/Industries/Freight/pdfs/YRC_Summary_web.pdf

http://www.teamster.org/uploadedFiles/Industries/Freight/pdfs/YRC_Warants%20flier-web.pdf

There was one other thing mentioned to me by my Pres.
It is specualtion and conjecture, therefore I will not elaborate or be considered a rumor starter,
but if what he told me is true, it would be ........
GINORMOUS!!

If it happens, it will be so obvious, I won't have to remind you, but you will remember that I said it first, even if I didn't say it. If it doesn't happen, I will reveal what I heard when it is prudent to do so.

I was asked to post an "UNOFFICIAL BALLOT SURVEY POLL", just to get an ideal of how people think they are going to be voting. Vote only if you want to of course and post your thoughts on why you're voting the way you are, again only if you want to.

Apparently, Yellow and the Teamsters have come to the conclusion that employees that are layed-off shouldn't vote. I went and got a withdrawal card November 16th. Whether you are paying dues or not should not matter in the case of wage reduction, as you're still an employee of that company and will be affected if and when you are called back to work.

Just sealed the envelope on my NO vote. I cannot reward poor management with a yes vote for concessions. Let the chips fall where they may.

Apparently, Yellow and the Teamsters have come to the conclusion that employees that are layed-off shouldn't vote. I went and got a withdrawal card November 16th. Whether you are paying dues or not should not matter in the case of wage reduction, as you're still an employee of that company and will be affected if and when you are called back to work.
Sorry but 20-30% are not coming back after the merger

Sorry but 20-30% are not coming back after the merger
If 20- 30 % are not coming back when we merge, I would have 50-70 linehaul behind me on the board. At STL , Yellow board has alot more seniority than the Roadway board. Yellow has 153 linehaul drivers/Roadway has 100 linehaul drivers. I am #104 on Yellow board....I would be #30 on Roadway board. If we make it to a merge, I would be somewhere in the #130 range out of 253 total.

Sorry Bro, I cancelled yours out. I am optimistic that we can pull out of this mess.:1036316054:

i am with you Brother i dont like the 10% pay cut but 90% of something is better than 100% of nothing so i am voting yes to save our job i am also optimistic that we can pull out of this mess.:woot: