Yellow | Defective 5th wheels on yellow dollies

The grease makes it swivel easier the bag makes it cleaner for the guy that has to apply the grease and gives a measured amount, remember the old adage too much is as bad or worse then too little, rather then the Tim Taylor approach "if 2 ounces is good then 16 ounces is 8 times better"................................. .

I always used a drywall putty knife and a tub o' grease. It was like frosting a cake,I would fill the pockets and just skim the rest. I imagine it saves a lot of grease getting scraped off and landing on the ground. I miss working on this stuff some times.

Like everything else there's the right way, the wrong way and the YRC way.
While your method works well it takes more time($) and won't match the pictures when the coat and tie patrol do a PM quality check................

Ok everyone - it's that time of year again that the holland brand 5th wheels will start giving problems. Seems like shops are trying to keep up w/ servicing these dollies a little better this year but a few that are out in the system will slip through.
& again thank you wrench for posting what we are supposed to be looking at.

If this thread saves one employee from dropping a trailer, it could save a life since some of the past dropped trailers have been miles down the road.

Ok everyone - it's that time of year again that the holland brand 5th wheels will start giving problems. Seems like shops are trying to keep up w/ servicing these dollies a little better this year but a few that are out in the system will slip through.
& again thank you wrench for posting what we are supposed to be looking at.

If this thread saves one employee from dropping a trailer, it could save a life since some of the past dropped trailers have been miles down the road.
Lots of issues with this problem again. Everyone be on the lookout again. No money for fixing. Protect your CDL & yours & others life.