XPO | Direction of Conway

They are going to march you drivers out like a bunch of soilders and make sure you get their dwell time down!!!! This dwell time is killing Conway!!!! Forget about the handhelds not working half the time. Forget about the moral being low. Forget about getting your drivers out a hour or two late!! GET THE DWELL TIME DOWN OR ELSE DRIVERS!!!!!!!!:kickedoutsmile:

The real direction of Con-way is starting to show its true colors.
The billers are being let go (at select service centers for now-USB for one) and all billing is being outsourced.
CSR's and Office manager's are going to be given the opportunity to keep working as a Conway employee BUT, only 30 hours per week and no benefits, or accept a severance package and separate from the company.
We already have the part-time dock hands.
Don't be shocked/surprised when Con-way goes to or starts a Logistice company for their drivers.
We will work for Con-way but not be employed by Con-way.
That way they don't have to pay the benefits.
The rich will keep getting richer.
Get the resumes updated guys.
Good luck to everyone.
It's about to get ugly
Where is BoxBoss when you need him! We could sure use His awesome input...

This is all a result of Lean. This is what happens when number crunchers take over. Continuous improvement? Back in the day, Company Owners understood that happy employees are good employees and there is value in that. Today's CEO's understand numbers which is all we are to them. If you won't perform they will find someone who will. This is how they improve their bottom line and collect on their big bonuses!

So do you think Conway is heading in the right direction as a DSR. Do you think with all the money we are saving with the new changes that we will get more than A .50 Cent raise? Are we still a big part of this Company? I'm not to confident with my future at Conway myself, I hope I'm wrong...
I don't think Con/Way has any direction.!:eck13::Emoticon_digging:

One rumor going around is the board has given till the end of march to show how all the changes have made money. If this is so we should have all new people in place and maybe just maybe they will be freight people.

If they want to make changes that will make the company more productive by the end of March, they better get started! I guess that will mean a reduction in the nonsense they have been working on up to this point!

I suspect they're going to be doing less... Less hours, cartage companies doing p&d work on "longer less dense" routes. Just a guess.

This is already the case. Whenever possible freight goes directly to customer.

Likely to see less dock work.

And dispatching from a remote site. Instead of someone local that knows the area. Have someone in India do it. Will lead to crazy routes. And impossible ones. 9 o'clock appointment ? But I start at 10:30 ?

This is already the case. Whenever possible freight goes directly to customer.

Likely to see less dock work.

And dispatching from a remote site. Instead of someone local that knows the area. Have someone in India do it. Will lead to crazy routes. And impossible ones. 9 o'clock appointment ? But I start at 10:30 ?

Talk to a Central Transport driver and see how well that's working out.

The real direction of Con-way is starting to show its true colors.
The billers are being let go (at select service centers for now-USB for one) and all billing is being outsourced.
CSR's and Office manager's are going to be given the opportunity to keep working as a Conway employee BUT, only 30 hours per week and no benefits, or accept a severance package and separate from the company.
We already have the part-time dock hands.
Don't be shocked/surprised when Con-way goes to or starts a Logistice company for their drivers.
We will work for Con-way but not be employed by Con-way.
That way they don't have to pay the benefits.
The rich will keep getting richer.
Get the resumes updated guys.
Good luck to everyone.
It's about to get ugly

You posted what I have been thinking for awhile now.
Con-way freight is becoming a logistics company.
New name coming "Menlo-Conway logistics"

Wasn't too long ago i remember a video of "getting back to the basics." Whatever happened to that? It's not aerospace engineering....it's the freight biz.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wasn't too long ago i remember a video of "getting back to the basics." Whatever happened to that? It's not aerospace engineering....it's the freight biz.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yeah, that was a couple years ago...we were just talking about that the other night..me and another driver. They can't seem to get one program down, before starting another. I like working nights..I never hear anything about anything anymore..I don't go to the meetings or nothing..just what I hear on here.

you really don't miss nothing by not going to these meetings I wish I could miss them I was Happier when I was in the Dark lol !!!

Yeah, that was a couple years ago...we were just talking about that the other night..me and another driver. They can't seem to get one program down, before starting another. I like working nights..I never hear anything about anything anymore..I don't go to the meetings or nothing..just what I hear on here.